Start by marking “Declutter Now!: Uncovering the Hidden Joy and Freedom in Your Life” as Want to Read:
Declutter Now!: Uncovering the Hidden Joy and Freedom in Your Life

Declutter Now!: Uncovering the Hidden Joy and Freedom in Your Life

We all have too much STUFF! Not just tangible things, but also the harmful clutter we allow to take up residence in our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls. Every area of your life must be decluttered for you to live with the joy and freedom God desires! We'll clean out closets, relationships, and finances.

We'll share ideas on decluttering your children's lives fr
Published August 20th 2012 by Ambassador-Emerald International

To ask other readers questions about Declutter Now!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Declutter Now!

Start your review of Declutter Now!: Uncovering the Hidden Joy and Freedom in Your Life
Cheryl
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is not your typical how to declutter book. There are two things that make it unique. The first thing is that God is brought into the equation. Scriptures and godly principles are woven throughout the entire book. They are not merely “tacked on” either.

Secondly, this book is not just about decluttering stuff. No, it is about decluttering every area of your life, including your relationships, finances, career, parenting, physical health care, thought life, and yes, your stuff. ...more
Carrie Daws
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the way the book is broken down, dealing with each area of life in a separate chapter. Each chapter builds on the last, but they are also independent, so I was able to skim one chapter and thoroughly read the next that felt more applicable to what God was dealing with in my heart without feeling like I'd missed something.

The authors also covered life areas well, from physical clutter in our homes, to relationship clutter, to work and schedule clutter. And I loved the chapter o
Kathy Barnett
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book! Truly a gem among must reads for everyone! My husband and I had been wanting to do a devotional-type study together and this one was perfect. It was easy for each of us to read and follow with the companion workbook. We did a chapter a week and planned a "home" date to discuss what we each felt we had seen/learned through that week's reading. One of the things I truly loved was that it spoke to both my husband and myself in different ways. Each of us realized we had are ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I start underlining and marking pages within just the preface, I know this is going to be a good book. Declutter Now!, written by a husband and wife team, is full of tips and suggestions for getting ride of not only the physical clutter in our lives, but the clutter that comes from complacency, bad habits, relationships and more.

The book is broken down into chapters and is easily read in a couple of sittings and you can just pick it up and work on a chapter or two at a time. We don't colle
Sally Ferguson
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Does your “stuff” suffocate you? Declutter Now! tackles not only the process of paring down, but also the motivations that cause us to fill our lives with more than we need. Systematically tackling areas of home, work and relationships, the authors ask the hard questions of priorities. When our value systems set boundaries around our time and energies, the authors assert that we have more of what’s needed for the things in life that are most important.
Lindon and Sherry Gareis are the autho
Daphne Self
This isn't just a book about Decluttering your house and home, oh, no. This is a book that goes way beyond that.

Declutter Now! starts off small, hitting the physical, and then it takes you into the spiritual and emotional side of the psyche.

At the moment of this review, I am only halfway through this book. It's that good and that well written that I had to write a review for it. Taken in small steps, I am slowly doing away with the baggage of the "extras" in my life that
Anne Marie
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is just not about the Clutter that is around you but its about the clutter that is in you. I have read a lot of books about how to get rid of clutter but I have never read a book where you work from the inside out. I love this book. This book is written by a husband and wife team that met after divorce and trying to bring two houses together into one. There is so many great ideas on all areas of one's life (inside and out) and this is a Christian book so there is reference about God (which ...more
Michelle Morgan
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a great surprise, got this thinking it was going to show me how to declutter. It was so much more, it wasn't just about stuff. It is about cleaning relationships, finances. Finding true happiness by appreciating what is really important, releasing the insignificant. How to make space for God. Clearing our minds and hearts so God can show us what is essential as a spouse, parent, friend and child of God. To quote the author, "it isn't that life is too short, it's that life is to long to live ...more
Jill Whitson
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book because I was looking for something to help declutter my house. I was pleasantly surprised that this book included how our mind, body and soul needs to be decluttered in order for the rest of our lives to freely flow. Lindon and Sherry pour their heart and souls into helping others see thru the clutter we bring into our own lives. Thanks to both of them.
Andrea Krisher
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book! I have been able to use the different chapters in all area's of my life. The chapters that really helped me was the decluttering of personal items around my home and the chapter of letting people go that are not healthy for you and not feeling guilty about it.
Lindon Gareis
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book will rock your world and give you a fresh new perspective on your life, love, work, and the way you will live after you complete the 40 day challenge.
Stephanie
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book through a Good Reads giveaway.

I read a little bit every week. Great tips for decluttering your life both spiritually and otherwise.
Vernita Naylor
“Less can actually be more: more gratifying, more satisfying, more manageable and more freeing” is taken from Declutter Now!: Uncovering the Hidden Joy and Freedom in Your Life by Lindon and Sherry Gareis. This quote speaks the truth. Life can be challenging, from work and kids to relationships. Declutter Now! provides a guide in how to make a paradigm shift in decluttering your life. Clutter shows up in different ways - from guilt and depression to fear; it all depends on how you receive it int ...more
Joanie Bruce
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is FANTASTIC! It's a self-help guild that offers so many ways to "declutter" all the areas in your life: home, relationsips, finances, body, emotions, even your spiritual life.

It's extremely hard to explain just how much this book increases the quality of your life if you apply these principles. Wisdom from God is a guide for all the areas in our lives, and this book helps put it all in perspective.

Not only does it help us as adults, but it also shows ways we ca
Patricia
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've been working to declutter my personal life and my work life...this book, though many things the same as in other books/articles, has helped me to re-focus. I am hopeful to begin many of these ideas/changes over the summer...
Tiffany Fehr
May 14, 2018
Anjanette Barr
Nov 17, 2012
Sherry
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Mar 29, 2016
Kris Ogle
Dec 04, 2018
Jiri
Mar 26, 2019
My wife, Sherry, and I began writing in September 2009. We had no idea what God’s overall plan entailed, but we were certain he was directing us to share our passion through Declutter Now!.

While working through the book editing process, it was placed on our hearts to begin a ministry as a means to provide resources and services to our readers; hence Action Plan Ministries was born.

Sho