Start by marking “Echo in Time (Erasing Time, #2)” as Want to Read:
Echo in Time (Erasing Time, #2)

Echo in Time

(Erasing Time #2)

After being pulled 400 years into the future, twins Taylor and Sheridan have found some refuge from the government of Traventon, which used the dangerous Time Strainer to yank the girls from the past. Yet the threat of the dangerous technology still looms. Taylor and an ally, Joseph, are selected to go on a mission to destroy the time machine and weapon. But their actions ...more
Published December 23rd 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Echo in Time, please sign up.
Alison♊⚜️✨ Well here it says 23rd December 2013 but it can vary depending which language you'll want to read it in.

Start your review of Echo in Time (Erasing Time, #2)
Tiana
Apr 21, 2014 added it
I was really worried I wouldn't enjoy this one - When it became clear that Taylor was the main focus, rather than Sheridan, I was a little upset. (Come on, Sheridan is awesome!) But then the pace starts to pick up once they get to Traverton, and I forgot to be worried.

This book does mess with the time stream more than the first one, so I was prepared to be confused, since most authors can't seem to help the confusion. I always felt like I knew what was going on though. I also liked her explanati
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm so excited to be a part of this tour with Fire and Ice. C.J. Hill is a favorite author around my house so of course to be a part of her new release, Echo in Time, made me a happy girl! This is the second book in this series and if you haven't read the first book, Erasing Time, you really should! Right now it is only .99 cents on Amazon. That's a killer sweet deal!

Identical twins, Sheridan and Taylor are stuck in the future- 400 years in the future to be exact. In this book Taylor and Joseph
Jilly
Feb 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, time-travel
One of the best things about this book, and the first one, is the super fun and crazy way the people look and dress in the future. I find this very exciting. Before reading this, I thought we were all doomed to matching silver jumpsuits at some point, so this is very encouraging. Here are a couple of descriptions:

"One woman walked by with a hat shaped like a miniature merry-go-round. Another woman was wearing two mechanical birds from her ears. They chirped a tinny melody."

Fun, huh? And, that go
Mara
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
4.5 stars for this sequel to Erasing Time.

Echo in Time picks up just a couple of months after Erasing Time ends. Twins, Sheridan and Taylor along with Joseph have safely made it another city, but now Taylor and Joseph are selected to go back to Traventon to destroy the time machine. Yes, they're going back to the city they just escaped from.

Of course things don't go as smoothly as they hoped and it doesn't help that Joseph has a secret (again!) and it changes EVERYTHING! It has a huge consequenc
Andrea
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read Erasing Time just over a year ago, and was a little worried that I'd be lost reading book two so much later. However, the author did a great job of recapping over the first few chapters.

I don't considered myself a sci-fi fan, but I've really liked this series. The time travel idea, and the crazy future depicted are intriguing. There is a lot of action in Echo in Time and the different personalities of the main characters kept their mission exciting. There were also several twists and tur
Robyn
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have found a favorite series. I would love to have this set in my personal library and read it over and over. Mostly so I can remember all the fun phrases and witty come backs. Great characters and great dialogue.
The twins are safely out of the city and then Taylor decides to go back with Joseph to make sure they don't use the 'time machine' again. Of course Joseph decides he has to change history and bring back Echo and Echo has to change time and bring back a total looser girl. But they all
Natalie Carroll
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better! Hill has done a fabulous job of creating characters that you can connect with. She also does a great job with world building. Now that I am finished, I realize that I could picture everything about the 25th Century perfectly. It was like a solid thing in my mind as I read, which is something I love. With all the crazy things in the future, Hill described them just enough to make my imagine recreate the world. Usually, in a series, I like the first book best ...more
Kristen
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!!

(My dryer broke last night so I had an excuse not to do my laundry today and sit around and read this morning instead. Ha!)

Really enjoyed this sequel. Just as great as the first one. Major twist there in the middle. Had me entertained from page one. It also did a great job of reviewing from Book 1 if you haven't read that one in awhile. Good, clean fun!

Moral Note: Mild violence, clean language, clean romance.

Kathy
I've been waiting forever for this one! Fun conclusion to the series (at least I don't think there will be more). Full review to come.

Content: Clean.
Beth Ng
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
Pretty good sequel... Echo in Time starts off with Joseph and Taylor being sent off on a mission to destroy the QGPs (essentially prototypes of the time transportation machine), as well as to kill Reilly. In case you don't remember, Reilly is the only person other thanTaylor capable of building a QGP, and he has intentions of using it as a weapon... Anyways, Joseph and Taylor make Sheridan stay behind to keep her safe... Unfortunately, Joseph has a hidden agenda, which leads to a series of catas ...more
Kathryn Cooper
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Kathryn Cooper Writes

Echo in Time started a few weeks after the end of Erasing Time. The beginning was a little slow for me because I felt a connection with Sheridan in the first book then this book started with chapters from Taylor’s point of view. I hadn’t connected with Taylor as much in the first book since I thought she was a little snotty. So I felt impatient reading Taylor’s POV at the beginning, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn to love and respect Taylor.

The characte
Julie
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hollie Robb
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, dystopian
Sydney Jackson
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A stellar squeal to Erasing Time. I was definitely caught off guard by all the twists and turn. I gauge how good a book is by how much emotion the author can evoke. I must say that this book had me on edge and kept me turning the pages. I highly recommend this series for anyone who is looking for a good YA series.

I admire C.J. Hill and hope that maybe I can write as well as her someday. The way she develops her characters so they claim a piece of your heart, and stay with you, is true talent.
Margaret Larsen Turley
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Echo in Time by C. J. Hill is the action packed sequel to Erasing Time. I love her witty sci-fi futuristic setting and play on words. Hill portrays the unique characteristics in twins while novelizing ills in society. Dystopia, Science Fiction, Romance, and Suspense readers will find Echo in Time to be a very satisfying read.
T.K.
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was exciting and almost as good as the first book. The world-building was solid, the new characters interesting, and the pace unrelenting. The romance was a little too convenient for me, but I still enjoyed it. :)
Emily
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i think this book is really interesting especially since it is in the future. we really do not know what will happen in the future but this book gives us a glimps of what could happen in the future which makes it seem really interesting.
Dora
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although maybe more suitable for young adults, I loved it (I'm 36). It was gripping, kept you engaged chapter through chapter. It also had the teenage romance to make it more sensitive. I loved it. The first one was quite nice too (Erasing Time).
Marisa Louise De Robertis
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was absolutely amazing!! LOVED it!! Usually i'm not much of a reader but i finished this one in 2 days, i had trouble putting the book down..
Rachel
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought these books were very well written and an overall captivating series. This would make a great movie or TV show!! (:
Kelli
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
A solid 4. This one was much more exciting than the first one. I liked this one a lot better and it had interesting twists and dynamics
Patricia
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
I liked book 2 even more than book 1 and I enjoyed some of C.J. Hill/Janette Rallison's snappy dialog toward the end of the book. Great story. Sorry there isn't a book 3.
nansee
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Becky
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of the audio book on the author's blog and I wanted to thank her by hurrying to get this review out. I picked up the first book in the series, Erasing Time, and listened to it first. You can read that review on Goodreads or on my blog. I liked that one but I liked this one even more.

The first book focused on Sheridan and Echo. This time around it's Taylor and Echo's turn. The plot revolves around an attempt to destroy the time machine for good. Things go wrong when an attempt to fix
Ballet in AK
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had my doubts about the sequel to Erasing Time. Where could she possibly go from the end of that book? Everything was tied up tightly and resolved.

Wow. Was I ever wrong! An amazing sequel!

CJ Hill (aka Janette Rallison) is a talented and humorous Young Adult novelist. She has such twists and turns in her story and has done such a good job of world-building that she is free to develop her characters.

I love her sense of humor! It is so rare to find a novelist who can write humor, that when you
Mandy
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 4-library
Second (and seems the last) in the Erasing Time series. Sheridan and Taylor haven been taken to the future and are battling against a, well, mad scientist that wants to use Taylor's invention from her own time to find, locate and kill people from the past that doesn't fit into his own agenda. Taylor is the only one that can destroy her machine, Joseph is a close second. They gather a team and go back to the city to destroy the machine before it can be used for evil. Before Taylor can do what is ...more
Lisa Anne
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when you play with time? What consequences will you face? This book picks up not too far from where the last one ends. Sheridan, Joseph, and Taylor are left trying to answer these questions as they are trying to make things right. This book was fun! I loved the moral consequences they were faced and how they handled them. I love that Joseph was led by guilt at the beginning and guilt later on. It shows he has a good heart and wants what is best for those he loves. I especially liked ...more
Elissa
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Butterfly Effect
Generally I look at series to see if the stories hang on their own. In this case, although you would enjoy a good adventure if just reading book two, I'd strongly recommend enjoying these tales sequentially. Book one posits a means of time travel involving converting matter to energy (not quite "Beam me up, Scotty," but I'll bet scientists might argue the principles are the same). In book two, an attempt to "fix" an action in the past creates a change in the timeline which h
Elle
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had to wait for this to come in the mail, I had some pretty good anticipation going on. But I can't stop putting this book down. I don't like that it is all about Taylor. I very quickly began to dislike Taylor (not like she was very likeable in the previous book) even more when she started talking about who attractive Joseph was. And then said too bad he only had eyes for her sister... like not because she would never do that to her sister. Yeah over it. I get that it was foreshadowing because ...more
Jules Pool
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Sequel To Erasing Time!

So I’ve read some of C. J. Hill’s (Janette Rallison’s) other Series and stumbled upon this one. I was a little hesitant at first but it has turned out to be another great series.

Although, I was a little upset the main focus was on Taylor bc I LOVED Sheridan, I got to learn more about Taylor and she turned out to be really cool too!

I kept getting the brothers mixed up too though. Because Joseph was pretending to be Echo in the the first book, it sort of through me
« previous 1 3 next »
should I read this book?? 3 7 Aug 07, 2015 02:09PM

• The Queen's Resistance (The Queen’s Rising, #2)
  • Rakes and Roses (Mayfield Family #3)
  • The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe
  • Brass Carriages and Glass Hearts (Steampunk Proper Romance #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Match
  • Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)
  • Blueprint: How DNA makes us who we are
  • Knight and Day (Gentlemen of Knights Book 3)
  • Heir of Novron (The Riyria Revelations, #5-6)
  • Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To Do List
  • Leverage Point
  • A Lady Most Lovely (Love's Grace, #2)
  • An Heiress at Heart (Love's Grace, #1)
  • A Bride for the Season (Love's Grace, #3)
  • Fox Forever (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #3)
  • The Fox Inheritance (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #2)
  • Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)
  • All's Fair in Love, War, and High School (Pullman High #2)
C.J. Hill is the pseudonym for a popular young adult author who makes her fantasy debut with Slayers.

Erasing Time (2 books)
  • Erasing Time (Erasing Time, #1)

News & Interviews