Start by marking “Bourne & Tributary (River of Time, #3.1 & #3.2)” as Want to Read:
Bourne & Tributary (River of Time, #3.1 & #3.2)

Bourne & Tributary

(River of Time #3.1 & 3.2)

If you like romance, adventure and a dose of medieval Italian culture, you'll love WATERFALL (book 1), CASCADE (book 2), TORRENT (book 3), as well as the follow-up novellas, BOURNE (book 3.1) and TRIBUTARY (book 3.2). In this volume, both novellas are included.

BOURNE, a novella, picks up right where TORRENT left off...Find out what has happened to men returning from the ba
Published July 10th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bourne & Tributary, please sign up.
Kaitlyn Janzen Please don't. These novella's take place directly after Torrent, RoT #3. If you read these first I guarantee you will be very spoiled. …morePlease don't. These novella's take place directly after Torrent, RoT #3. If you read these first I guarantee you will be very spoiled. (less)

Start your review of Bourne & Tributary (River of Time, #3.1 & #3.2)
Abigail
I loved this so much! Though it took me awhile to read through Tributary due to the business of life, I really, really enjoyed these two novellas. I loved getting to know Luca and Lia more since these two novellas were nearly all told in Lia's POVs. As I've mentioned before in books though I love Marcello, Luca will forever hold a special place in my heart.

I also loved seeing Rodolfo and his story play out in Tributary. I was a little hesitant about him in Torrent but I now love his character a
Chantel
This is seriously one of the best novellas I have read... Ever!! I don't want to give a too detailed review because I don't want to ruin it if you haven't read the other books yet. By the way this is definitely not a book you want to read as a stand-alone, it is so much better if you read books 1 through 3. Lol! Don't deprive youself of this joy!

I love how Lisa Begren adds more exciting in-depth storylines to the characters that we already love. But we also meet some new people along the way. Th
Emma
I loved getting different characters point of view this time, especially Lia’s! I can’t wait for Deluge... also very nervous...
Rachel :)
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Didn't like it as much as the first 3....but I still loved it! ...more
Emily S.
You may or may not remember that the River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren is one of my absolute favorite series. Well, because Ms. Bergren is seriously awesome, she wrote two novellas to go along with the series. Bourne/Tributary was just released in paperback, and I just HAD to have a copy. I already had both books on my Kindle app, but hello, the pretty needed to be on my shelf.

Bourne starts right after Torrent finishes, and continues the story. It's told from alternating POVs, with the nar
Haley S
I know, I know, why am I writing a review now? Well, I just saw that I had the separate books marked but I actually read them together in this form so I decided to change it!
Anyway, I would have to say Bourne was my least favorite out of all the River of Time books. Because Lisa changed the POV between Gabi and Lia I got confused but finally got used to it. It made sense as I read on. I really really liked Luca and Lia's story in it though!!! I sighed at least a million times!!! And read many pa
Lilian
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed how this book went more into Luca and Lia's story. I was getting a little tired of Gabi and Marcello always being injured back and forth. So I felt this was a fresh look at it!

read #3:

I despised this one last time I read it, but I enjoyed it a little more. I sympathized more with Greco, which changed my outlook on the stories. I do love rereading these books and finding new details every time.
MissJLovesReading
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend this series. It has twists and turns, time travel, family and sister bonds, medieval castellos, slow-burn (for the most part) romance, sweet knights who let their partners choose their own paths even in a time of a woman being told what to do and how to act. Add in some magical tombs, snarky main characters, big wars and impending massice historical events chasing right toward them, this is overall a very, very fun book series. The novellas are a must-read as well (if you can fi ...more
Rachel
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet mercy, Tributary was a ROLLERCOASTER! So many sweet and beautiful moments, followed by nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat moments! My poor feels could barely handle it!

But seriously, WONDERFUL addition to The River of Time story! Like, wow! My sister can attest to all of the yelling and squealing that occurred while reading these two novellas. A+ across all the boards!
Shirleon Benson
Okay, so these. Four years ago I may have said "Oh my goodness!! YAASSSS!!!" But now, it's more like, "meh." Don't get me wrong, I do really like this series, but now I love it purely for the story, but the writing is, well, meh.

I really think the "modern" thinking should have either been 100% done away with or should have evolved into more mature thinking. "Dude," "peeps," "preggers" - all got to be way too annoying and made me think that the girls were more shallow then they really were. If a
Rebecca Embry
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off I have to say that I really don’t like novellas and I try not to read them. The story just seems to move too quickly, BUT not in this case. With the way this series was going, and the fact that I was sucked into the first 3 books, I knew I just had to read Bourne & Tributary. I couldn’t miss another adventure with Gabi, Lia & their fellas. I love that all the books, including these novellas continue to flow right where the last one left off. I also love that the POV starts to switch be ...more
Leah
Holy cow! Bourne and Tributary were both SO amazing!!
Packed with romance, adventure, intrigue, and humor.

Lisa Tawn Bergren is a wonderful author. I don't know how she continually supply's all these amazing reads!
So much happens in these two books. Marcello, Gabi, Lia, Luca, Lord Greco, and many new people are found in these pages.

I believe Lisa T. Bergren is writing a final installment to this series. I cant wait to read it!
Although I am very sad to see the series end, I am looking forward to w
Toni
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this series. I would recommend these books to all my reading friends from teens on up. Lisa is a captivating author with a great writing style. She brings her characters to life and has a great insight to the historical information to make these work great. The romance is exciting yet clean and delightful. The adventure keeps you on the edge, never knowing just how things will turn out. Great reading!!!
Bek Barrett
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favourites
These honestly may be my favourite stories out of all the books in this series. The shorter plots are so well-rounded and the tension building - PHENOMENAL! But above all I love the depth the multiple perspectives brings to the side characters. Everyone has come so far from Book 1! Definitely two must read novellas for this series.
Angela
5/24-26/16

The recording is very amateur but the reader has great pronunciation. I'm glad for a recording, even if it's poor, in order to listen to the entire series.

3/2-4/15

2 separate novellas that together are the length of the other books. I understand why they are seperate but they also work together as one story.
Renee
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm rating this book for my students.* They love this series! These books are some of the most popular of my classroom library. Older students often point them out to the younger & encourage them to read them. Lisa Bergren is one of our favorite authors!

*I teach English in a Christian junior high/high school.
Charity U
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
LOVED IT SO MUCH! Definitely highly recommend it. Worth buying, yes, definitely! Especially enjoyed the second book. Check out my full review: http://austenitis.blogspot.com/2012/1... ...more
Shannon
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was due at the library and I wanted to finish it. It was a great end to the series. Definitely short and I would have preferred longer, but that's what novellas are. But, things were tied up so fast I hardly had time to take it in. But, it was fun. ...more
Courtney
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, paperback
I read Bourne like a year ago but I didn't have tributary. I bought it for Christmas and started it Tuesday night and I finished It last night. :D I love this series and I wish she would wright another book. ...more
Tedi
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This felt different than one of the books. But that's ok because it's two novellas.

Bourne for the most part was really nice to read because I felt like I could breathe. While reading Waterfall I breathed. Reading Cascade and Torrent, I didn't. It was all so intense and just totally nonstop. I was very grateful for this novella. I loved seeing the relationships and everything was just so good. Except for the twins. That part nearly did me in. One last word, I loved how Lia took out the bad guys.

T
Evilgenius
Dec 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Both novellas were sweet although there was terribly little about Marcello and Gabriella, although Lia made multiple stupid decisions, although Lord Greco continued to be very annoying before he came around (I will never understand why so many readers love him), although Alessandra was extremely irrational and irritating ((view spoiler)) and although those freaking Fiorentini are driving me insane.

I was already tired of that damn conflict
Sarbjot
This was the BOMB!!! I really got sick of Gabi's and Marcello's relationship, I wanted to see Luca's and Lia's relationship and the author granted my wish. This book was about power, we all have power in ourselves and are capable of anything. If we like it or not. Some of our decisions can be a bad result to our future. Anyways I loved this book and their was another one combined and I got confused on who was speaking but I soon figured it out. But, gosh, this was the bomb. Every book I read fro ...more
Keri
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book for this series! I love that we now get the point of view from Lia. Although I still would have liked more from Gabi. I love her and Marcello too much for there to be so little of them. This one did have a little more religious talk than the others I felt but since I am already so far in to this story and characters it didn't really bother me. Still quite a bit of adventure and heartwarming moments! There is only one more book left in the series and I am sad I will be ending. ...more
Kadie
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5! But it had a stronger ending then the last one. Still super cheesy though. Anyways I read a chapter from a different book during this and it was so lovely to read a normal romance if even for a chapter😭 altho Tributary was definitely MUCH better than Bourne so that kinda helped my rating on this one. Idk I have such mixed feelings I like LOVE these books but they also have some reaaalllyyy bad qualities but then they have such good qualities and the good keeps me coming back but the bad can ...more
Catherine ~All for the greater glory of God~
Notable Content: Some sexual attraction between spouses. Kissing. Literal sleeping together between spouses. Mention of periods. "Lust." Lustful implications. Beginnings of sexual harassment. Implied contraception. "Raped." Beatings for information. "Harlots."

I'm so glad the series isn't over! I loved these! You should definitely read these before Deluge. Together, they're basically the fourth book.
Cassandra
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Firstly: NSIDJHGOJSLKFMDNJGIH

My emotions are high and soaring above a sky with no clouds, and man does the next universe look extremely close from my view up here.

Lisa Tawn Bergren is a ripper-shripper, medieval magician who, seriously, captures essence fellowship of the ring-like adventures, appropriate-for-the-time roMAHnce, heart-thumpin suspense and three medieval lookers that will hypothetically make thine 1340's version of le underwear drop.

Bourne & Tributary are both novellas following t
Georgia
**Reread #unknown cause I’ve read it so many times - June 2019
I’ve loved this series since I was in 6th grade so there’s no way I could rate it less than 5 stars still love everything about these novellas and this series. I love both novellas, but Tributary is my favorite. The characters, the setting, and the action scenes are all what make this series so great.
☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
I read this a little while ago, so I can't recall everything. But I do remember that I much preferred the first novella. However, I liked the very end of the second one as well. Yet, Tributary had very confusing POV switches. ...more
Tina
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in The River of Time series. I enjoyed the continuing story of strong, brave characters I am invested in while being introduced to new ones I found myself rooting for by the end too.
Jacklynn Pragosa
I’m glad I got a chance to read this story again. Seeing Gabriella and Marcello as a married couple and Lia and Luca finally opening up to each other about how they love one another. I never get tired of it. I’m also glad that I got to see the she-wolves in action again.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Shadow of the Storm (Out From Egypt, #2)
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #3)
  • Wings of the Wind (Out From Egypt, #3)
  • Court of Swans (The Dericott Tales, #1)
  • Counted with the Stars (Out From Egypt, #1)
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
  • An Uncertain Choice (An Uncertain Choice, #1)
  • A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)
  • The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2)
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #1)
  • The Beautiful Pretender (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #2)
  • Until the Mountains Fall (Cities of Refuge, #3)
  • The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1)
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • So Not Happening (The Charmed Life, #1)
  • The Choosing (Seer, #1)
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 60 books, with more than 4.5 million copies sold. She recently released The Sugar Baron's Daughters Series (KETURAH, VERITY and SELAH), and recently finished a teen series called Remnants (SEASON OF WONDER, SEASON OF FIRE, and SEASON OF GLORY). She's also written the River of Time Series (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE &

River of Time (4 books)
  • Waterfall (River of Time, #1)
  • Cascade (River of Time, #2)
  • Torrent (River of Time, #3)
  • Deluge (River of Time, #4)

News & Interviews