Start by marking “Into the Woods” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Into the Woods

Kim Harrison

Into the Woods (The Hollows #10.1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  5,933 Ratings  ·  497 Reviews
Fans have fallen for bounty hunter and witch Rachel Morgan, eagerly awaiting her next adventure.This collection of short works features tales involving Rachel and her coterie of friends and enemies,including three never-before-published stories.
Audio
Published October 9th 2012 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Woods, please sign up.

Elizabeth Includes short fiction from previous compilations including:
“Undead in the Garden of Good & Evil” (v.2.5 - originally released in Dates from Hell)…more
Includes short fiction from previous compilations including:
“Dirty Magic” (v.4.5 - originally released in Hotter Than Hell)
“Two Ghosts for Sister Rachel” (v.5.5 - originally released in Holidays are Hell)
“The Bespelled” (v.6.1 - originally released in Demons: Encounters with the Devil and His Minions, Fallen Angels, and the Possessed)
“Ley Line Drifter” (v.7.5 - originally released in Unbound)

Also includes supporting short fiction that should be read after the novels mentioned:
“The Bridges of Eden Park” (supports For a Few Demons More)
"Million Dollar Baby" (supports Pale Demon)

And then there are stand alone short fiction works that aren't related to The Hollows series:
"Pet Shop Boys"
"Temson Estates"
"Spider's Silk"
"Grace"

So it looks like the only short story that might contain spoilers is "Million Dollar Baby", but I doubt it since that event takes place in Pale Demon (#9).(less)

VampireNovelFan
So yeah, revising this to now give it 5 stars. One page.

description

And so

description

And now for the actual review:

A little bit of old, a little bit of new

Even being the Hollows snob that I am, I admit a couple of stories have slipped through the cracks for me over the years. That's why I was quite pleased to hear that the stories would finally be included in an anthology! I'll be honest and say that when I opened it I immediately skipped to "Million Dollar Baby", the story centering on Trent and Jenks's elf que
Montzalee Wittmann
Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond (The Hollows #10.1) by Kim Harrison is not just
another great book in the series but it has special insights. This book has answers to questions fans have been wanting to know throughout the series. These are short to long stories about events that happened on the side that the author is kind enough to fill us in on now. Awesome is the best way to say it! I love hearing these side stories that bring a fullness to the whole world she has created.
Susana
Some pretty good shorts in this one that fell outside the Hollows department.
Surprisingly, or maybe not, those were the ones I enjoyed the most. Exception made to the last short: damn, the thing was boring! Also, I had no idea of what I was reading...
Besides that, its official, I've lost my patience to Kim Harrison vampires. From Ivy to Kitten blood suckers _ ugh, and double ugh, leave the poor animals alone! _ I've had all I could take.
Katie Michaels
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories by Kim Harrison. I had read more than half of them already in previously released books. But the anthology included one all new Hollows short story and four stories outside of the Hollows world.

“Undead in the Garden of Good & Evil” (originally released in Dates from Hell)
Ever wonder what Ivy was like before she met Rachel? We get a little peek in this short story. It’s set a couple of years before the events in Dead Witch Walking. Ivy has bee
AH
Into the Woods is a collection of short stories from Kim Harrison’s Hollows series. The author has included four new stories from outside this world as well. The first six stories have been published before, either in anthologies or as bonus material at the back of mass market paperbacks. The author adds a note at the beginning of each story providing background to the story and where it was originally published.

In rating these stories, I just couldn’t help myself. I am a hopeless fan girl of t
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This is a great book for The Hollows fans to have all these anthologies brought together into one book especially if you've never wanted to spend money buying all those separate books or if you've just happened to miss a couple ~ like me! And if you're not a Hollows fan, there are four stories at the end that are not related to the series that you might find interesting.

The first six stories are old Hollows anthos:

#1 - The Bespelled (The Outlaw Demon Wails).

This is an interesting tale of Al and
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
I actually finished this last week, but haven't had the time or the dedication to give it a proper review until now. Part of the reason, honestly, is this CHAIR! My computer chair broke so I'm using an armless one that leaves no support for my elbows when I type. Apparently I have some wimpy ass elbows because I can't type long without my arms really bugging me now.

Cannot. WAIT. To. Get. Another. Chair.

Being the big dork - and rabid Hollows fan - that I am, I wanted to start this book in the ba
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
The Bespelled - The Hollows, 6.1

4 stars

This is the story of how Ceri came to be Al's familiar.

The knowledge of who owed him and what was worth a lot in the demon's world, and familiars were known for their loose tongues until you cut them out. It was a practice Algaliarept frowned upon. Most of his brethren were bloody plebeians. Removing a familiar's tongue completely ruined the nuances of their pleas for mercy.

AL, ladies and gentleman.

But appreciation for the finer nuances of pleading asid
Gavin
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This was very short, only 35 minutes in audio, but that did not stop it from being a moving and riveting story.

It tells the story of how Ceri came to be Al's familiar. In an even more interesting twist this tale was told from Al's perspective. It was both fascinating and horrifying to read how Al manipulated Ceri into making the mistake he needed to capture her.

It's a reminder, because I did need one, that Al is a Demon!.

Charlie
5 stars for the Hollows stories, I loved them! The others ranged from 3 to 4.5 stars.
  • Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)
  • Demons: Encounters with the Devil and His Minions, Fallen Angels, and the Possessed
  • Kitty's Greatest Hits (Kitty Norville)
  • A Family Affair (Cassandra Palmer, #4.1)
  • Hexed (Kate Daniels, #4.5; Otherworld, #9.5; Stormwalker, #2.5; Anna Strong Chronicles, #6.5)
  • Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
  • Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2)
  • An Apple for the Creature
  • Forgotten Truth (Truth, #3)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Four Summoner's Tales
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson (Mercy Thompson #0.1, #0.6, #0.8, #1.5, #4.5, #5.5, #7.4)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Angel's Ink (The Asylum's Tales, #1)
  • Sin's Dark Caress (Dark Brethren, #3)
Kim Harrison, author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, was born in Detroit and lived most her her life within an easy drive. She's currently working on a variety of projects to see what finds a home first, and when not at her desk, is most likely to be found landscaping her new/old Victorian home, or in the garden.
Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook https://www.facebook
More about Kim Harrison...

The Hollows (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)
  • For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8)
  • Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
“Rachel knew what she was doing. And when she didn't, she could improvise on the fly, coming up with options that left a lot of collateral damage but usually only hurt herself, not the people around her. It was one of the things he would never admit that he admired about her.” 25 likes
“She just threatened to throw the next man who shoots at you out the window. Megan is awake. She offered to help. God, Trent, what is it with you and women?” 13 likes