Start by marking “Death in the 12th House: Where Neptune Rules” as Want to Read:
Death in the 12th House: Where Neptune Rules

Death in the 12th House: Where Neptune Rules

(Starlight Detective Agency #2)

Audio CD
Published November 6th 2012 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Death in the 12th House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death in the 12th House

Cecily Kyle
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: towers-vi
This one is kind of hard for me to know if I like. I know nothing about star mapping and using those kinds of things to understand people so I can't comment on accuracy or likeness to any real craft out there.
I still enjoyed the vibe of the story and I am happy I continued the series.
Okay read!
Pinar
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bir astrolog dedektifin çözdüğü cinayet dosyası. Eğlenceliydi. Kitapta karakter analizi, sinastri, horary.. vs. teknikler kullanılıyor. Audio book olarak dinledim. Astrolojiyle ilgilenenler için keyifli bir kitap.
Yvonne
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting
Sherry Ramsey
Jan 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
There was nothing inherently wrong with this book, it just turned out to be not really a good fit for me. I went into it with the wrong expectations, for one thing; for some reason when I read the blurb, I expected it to be a humorous mystery, but it didn't have the element of comedy I was expecting. And unfortunately, I couldn't buy into the astrology element--not through any fault of the author's. It just didn't work for me as something to hinge the solving of a murder mystery upon, and for me ...more
Tracie Hall
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This 2nd book in the series was great too.
I'm sorry to admit I was really hoping for a new reader. John Lescault (AKA Patrick Cullen) has a great voice, and no doubt does excellent with non-fiction, but the use of volume and fast clipped speech for every nuance of emotion beyond calm speech sounds too unnatural. I'm probably too critical and shouldn't get distracted by it, but I do.
Goodreads often lists audio books separate from print, but they don't have the audio format (9781481592079), so I'
Gail
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting mystery about the murders of a trio of aging rock stars. Lots of interesting trivia and not too many rants on changing New York City or the music business. It's also slightly less wish-fulfillment of the author than book 1. Although in this book, he's still a noble gazillionaire astrologer who gets to date much younger movie stars and solve crimes too. I enjoyed it.
Rhonda
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first. I could see this growing into a great series. The astrological hook allows for character exploration. Not yet a favorite like Jacqueline Winspear' Maisie Dobson, but good potential.
LeAnna Nguyen
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a nice detour from my other mystery novels I have read...
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Verushka

Beware of spoilers!

I want to preface this review by saying I haven’t yet read the first book in this series, so forgive me if I miss something that has been mentioned in that one.

David Lowell is a wealthy astrologer, who just happens to run his own detective agency, the very lyrically named: Starlight Detective Agency. What intrigued me about this book was that David uses astrology to solve his cases. Having had my own chart done recently and understanding
Cat
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Astrologer David Lowell has a new client: the daughter of a recently murdered rock star. She is convinced that the police won't be able to find the culprit and, from her home in LA, demands that the Lt. Roland, the local homicide detective, set up a meeting with the famed astrologer-detective. Their meeting is eventful and Lowell agrees to take the case, especially since two other former rockers have also died in unusual circumstances. During the course of his investigation we meet his daughter, ...more
Ken
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
David Lowell is a rich New York City detective who is also an expert on Astrology and uses this ancient 'scientific art?' to help solve crimes. Three aging rock superstars have recently been murdered, and there seems to be a connection. A daughter of one of the dead musicians seeks Lowell's help.

This is the kind of mystery where many of the characters are set up to appear that they might be the killer, and it's up to the reader to figure out who actually 'dunnit'. It's a little to 'Agatha Christ
Susan
Since I disliked the first in this series, I'm not sure why I picked this one up. Lewis gives us the same hero-astrologer David Lowell but his writing has improved quite a bit (one more star!), although again if you agree with Lowell on astrology you'll find it more interesting. Several old rock stars are mysteriously killed and the police fear a crazed serial killer is at work. But the birth charts of the victims indicate a financial motive. David is asked to work on the case by the latest vict ...more
John Gurney
This mystery has a twist: the PI is an astrologer. Astrology is BS, yet this story is enlivened by a protagonist who asks for birth date and time at every interrogation, and consults star charts in his investigation. The story revolves around the unsolved murders of three aging New York City rockers. Author Mitchell Scott Lewis does a creditable job providing his characters with traits and motivations. Though some of the story is a bit formulaic, the plot was clever and the ending pleased. The w ...more
PopcornReads
Death in the 12th House: Where Neptune Rules is Book #2 in Mitchell Scott Lewis’ Starlight Detective Agency Mystery series. I had never heard of this series but it sounded like a different approach to mysteries, so I decided to check it out. I chose this one at the same time I chose Rockoholic, so I must have been in a rock-and-roll kind of mood that day. Read the rest of my review at http://popcornreads.com/?p=4914.
Lucy
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, library-book
Sequel to Murder in the 11th House. Astrologer-private detective David Lowell solves murders by reading and comparing astrology charts for victims & suspects. Aging rock musician Freddie Finger has been murdered and his daughter hires David to find out who and why, especially since 2 other aging rock musicians have recently died suspiciously. Interesting viewpoint but excessive detail (for me) of astrology charts and how different charts interact.
Joseph
A very interesting and enjoyable new angle on a type of detective, this one uses astrology to aid him in solving his cases. I hope there is going to be a third in this series, since in this one we did learn a bit more about the life of the main character, David Lowell, such as what led him to become a private investigator. He and his supporting cast are all interesting characters.
Anne Ponder
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading all three of the novels Mr. Lewis has written so far. I love the way Astrology is woven into the stories, and I like his characters, who are unique - the way that real people are unique. I really hope he writes more books.
Eija Toiviala
Äänikirjana kuuntelin. Saa lainata helmet-kirjastosta älypuhelimeen ja kuunnella. Kertoi horoskooppeja työnsä tueksi tekevästä yksityisetsivästä. Ei kovin "kummonen", mutta rentouttava kirja. Sijoittuu Rock-ympyröihin USA:ssa, keksitty bändi jonka ikääntynyt laulaja kuolee.
Dina London
Not as great as his first book in the series. There were too many characters which made the story confusing. And, the rock and roller theme was a little boring. But, the ending was good. Hoping the next in the series is better.
Bonnie
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was entertaining,though the descriptions of what was happening in the horoscopes of the various characters was hard for someone with limited knowledge of astrology to understand, I didn't mind. If I read enough of them I would definitely be more enlightened! I will look for more of Lewis' books.
Diane Heath
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This is the second in this series. It is better than the first book as it involves a music oriented mystery rather than a political one. I think more readers would enjoy this particular book
Elly Wendy
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one.
Shawn
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting... but not fantastic.
Rose Mcguire
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
not as good as the first
Daniel Weir
Good lightweight detective fiction with an interesting angle.
Margaret
Audiobook, read by John Lasault
Cyd Taylor
really just okay for me kinda looking forward to the end
Gryffin Veritas
Nice little mystery. The use of astrology is quite interesting, however, I find it doesn't work as smoothly as shown in these novels. Still, it's a fun read and I do recommend.
Agnes Ross
Not really my favorite kind of reading, but as usual I find the astrology in it fascinating.
Salena Ardoin
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A practicing astrologer and teacher for more than twenty years. He is also an accomplished jazz pianist and singer‑songwriter.

Starlight Detective Agency (1 books)
  • Murder in the 11th House (Starlight Detective Agency #1)