Start by marking “Latter-Day Responsibility: Choosing Liberty Through Personal Accountability” as Want to Read:
Latter-Day Responsibility: Choosing Liberty Through Personal Accountability

Latter-Day Responsibility: Choosing Liberty Through Personal Accountability

Liberty is a fundamental and eternal principle, but it cannot exist without its counterpart—personal responsibility. Latter-day Responsibility describes in detail the many responsibilities we each must perform if we truly wish to defend individual liberty in these latter days. From self-defense and self-reliance, to faith, family, and financial freedom, Latter-day Responsi ...more
Published November 13th 2012 by Cedar Fort

To ask other readers questions about Latter-Day Responsibility, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Latter-Day Responsibility

Michelle
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book to people of all religions and political persuasions. Although it is written with a perspective of a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS or Mormon) and a self-professed libertarian, the principles in this book are applicable to all walks of life. The author, Connor Boyack, brings a much needed discussion to the table about the importance of becoming self-reliant and gives good advice on how to become so.

Boyack proposes that in order to red
Travis
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly a practical guide to individual liberty. As important as the upcoming presidential election is, what is more important is our individual efforts to understand and promote liberty. Boyack explains how individual liberty is being attacked and hedged in several specific ways and gives practical advice on how to counter those attacks by stressing the importance of the individual's efforts to live a liberty-minded life. Great read and very timely!
Ty
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Where Latter-day Responsibility stands out is in the honesty with which it addresses the question of liberty and all that liberty necessarily requires. This is the natural corollary to Boyack's first book, Latter-day Liberty and very effectively teaches how personal responsibility is essential in order to enjoy and preserve individual freedoms.

One might think a book on responsibility might leave the reader feeling guilty or that they fall short and that it might be a heavy read. To the contrary,
Erint
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Connor Boyack has taken the message of his book Latter-Day Liberty to the next level to answer the question- and now what? Now that we are understanding the importance of liberty and how it relates to our faith and the teachings of our prophets, what do we do with it?

With freedom comes responsibility. We can't have freedom and be free of responsibility. We can sign our lives over to other people or the gov't to avoid responsibility but then we are not free. So, for those who truly choose liberty
Jeff Stockett
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religous, political
This book was profoundly powerful. I really enjoyed Latter-day Liberty: A Gospel Approach to Government and Politics and so I looked forward to a second book by the same author. I didn't think that he could outdo his first, but I was wrong. I like this book even better.

The reason this book is so powerful is because it is a message that no one seems to be sharing. There are many out there who advocate liberty. I agree with their message. However, how many are advocating the other side of the same
James Davis
This book makes me want to take control of my own life. Connor Boyack inspires his readers to want to be better, kinder, more charitable, and responsible for their own lives and the lives of others through voluntary action instead of looking to others to do it for them. Due to the title of the book I'm afraid most who SHOULD read it probably won't. It will definitely remind and inspire those who already appreciate self-reliance, freedom, and doing good for others. If nothing else you can gather ...more
Michelle
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really important companion volume to Latter-Day Liberty; this book does an excellent job of examining the interdependence between liberty and responsibility, and why we as Saints should care. Upshot--if we aren't responsible, we are unlikely to be able to maintain freedom. Do we want our freedom back? We have to be willing to shoulder the responsibility. Not always an easy read, but a critically important one.
Cathy Ankenman
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Great information. Had a hard time putting it aside during my vacation. This book outlines everything one needs to be responsible for provident living and creating a smaller government through being responsible. If everyone were responsible with their stewardship there would be no welfare and big government. I will be reading Latter-day Liberty next.
Lisa
Apr 21, 2014
Jason
Jun 26, 2017
Connor Boyack
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Connor Boyack is founder and president of Libertas Institute, a libertarian think tank in Utah. In that capacity, he has spearheaded important policy reforms dealing with property rights, civil liberties, transparency, surveillance, and education freedom.

Connor is the author of several books, including the new Tuttle Twins series that teaches the principles of liberty to young children. Other book