Start by marking “Legally Undercover” as Want to Read:
Legally Undercover

Legally Undercover

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Attorney Alex Popov’s dream of partnership is put to the test when she’s pulled into a top-secret investigation involving arms dealers and one of her clients, Rodrigues Capital. The only good part about her association with the secretive organization is her client contact, Pedro Martín. She’s drawn to him, but he’s hiding something.

When Jacob shows up as a new attorney at
Published April 15th 2013 by Entranced Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Legally Undercover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legally Undercover

Jonel Boyko
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to my 1st foray into audiobooks! What a change, but what a rush!

I was completely enthralled with this story. The intrigue of DC really shines through. I had to laugh at how everyone else is up to something and off far off the mark they might be. Her descriptions make the story that she’s created very easy to picture. The narrator in this story also made me laugh. She nailed all of the emotions floating through this intriguing tale.

Kall puts forth some very well developed characters. Thi
Sophie Moss
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, fast-paced read with lots of twists and turns that I didn't expect! I really liked Alex (the main character). I liked how she trusted her gut in a lot of difficult situations, and trusted the people in her life who she loved, even when everyone told her not to. I thought that showed strength, independence and added a nice layer of depth to her character. Both of Alex's love interests, Pedro and Jacob, were really fun to try to figure out. At 50% into the book, I still had no clue ...more
Susan Chandler
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read! I just finished up Legally Undercover. This was my first "beach read" of the year. If you love a good romantic suspense novel, this one is for you. The author keeps you guessing and throws a big twist in at the end. I did not see it coming. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read this summer. 5 stars all the way!!!
Suzanne Rooyen
Fast-paced quick read for fans of romantic suspense.

*I represent this book as publicist for Entranced Publishing
Emily Ward
Apr 10, 2013 added it
Shelves: romance
I'm the editor for Rachel's Romantic Suspense. It's a great read that keeps you guessing with a swoon-worthy love interest.
Desere
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Working in the legal industry myself I have always been a fan or fighting for justice and making sure the clients walk away with everything they are entitled to.

So naturally a legal thriller is right up my ally but unfortunately I do not always find legal reads where the author displays the same passion for the game as I do in my line of work, and thus it usually feels like I'm wasting my time and of course I want to throw the books a mile far away and forget I ever read about the characters in
Love Reading Romance
All Alex wants in life is to make partner at her law firm, until she meets Pedro, an intermediary for one of her clients. He is gorgeous and tempting enough to make her want to break her strict no mixing dating and work policies. She also has a new lawyer at the firm making unwanted moves on her, but it soon becomes clear that everything is not as it seems. Alex is caught up in an FBI investigation and she doesn't know who to trust. Is Pedro as kind as he seems, or is he caught up in something s ...more
Kayla West
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to audiobooks, the first thing I really look for is a good narrator. The narrator is pretty much everything to me, because even if the story is amazing, an annoying narrator can completely make the reader uninterested. However, in Legally Undercover I did not have to worry about that. Crystal Sershen did a phenomenal job. AND she did voices. YAY! I LOVE VOICES! Sad, but true.

Alex Popov is very good at her job. So good that when she is given reign on a very hush-hush account, she do
Leslie Garcia
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
From the day Alex Popov graduated from law school, she began her march to a partnership at prestigious Black and Ryan. Long hours, failed relationships, forgotten friendships—nothing would stop her.

So when Alex is handpicked to work with Rodrigues Capital, RC, an investment firm with connections worldwide, she couldn’t be happier. And Pedro Martín, her RC contact, makes her jaw drop. She can even justify an affair, because he’s not actually a client, he just needs her expertise as a consultant.
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First Chapter Review:

I want to mention first off that the book trailer is very well done and definitely an asset to the book. It gives a face to the characters and hints at the mystery and intrigue of the book. I also loved the book cover as it hints to the story inside.

I was asked to give a First Chapter Review/Critique and have to admit that after I read the first chapter, I continued on to the next chapter.

The author set up Pedro in the first chapter. He grew up poor and is now working for a
Jan Romes
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Alex Popov's quest to be come a partner in the law firm made her prime pickings for an illegal scheme that involved national security. I loved Alex's character right away. She was bright, confident when it came to her job but hesitant when it came to her love life, and she's fiercely loyal. The setup hooked me right away and the way the author paced the intrigue, danger and romance with the right amount of spice, kept me turning the pages. The surprises along the ...more
Ana Blaze
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't generally read romantic suspense, but I am very glad I picked up this story. Here's why:
The lead female character was easy to relate to: smart and sensitive, pretty but not too self-involved.
Her match was charming and sexy.Who doesn't like a guy who will do anything to keep his loved ones safe?
They had great, instant chemistry!
The plot is fun and filled with twists and unexpected reveals.
I'd recommend this book to readers who enjoy shows like The Good Wife and Castle.
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Legally Undercover by Rachel Kall

A twisting mystery with suspense and romance. Kept my interest and wrapped up all the dangling pieces. Nice job.

Attorney Akex Popov is hard working and driven to make partner. She's recently met Pedro Martin and the sparks between them are hot. But the undercover FBI agent has told Alex that the client Pedro works for is dealing in weapons and that she shouldn't trust Pedro.
Should she trust her instinct and heart?
Melinda Dozier
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
The twists and turns were my favorite part of this novel. I never knew what to expect, which keeps me reading! It was a great love story. Pedro's committment to his family was endearing and his attraction was amazing, but the suspense is what got me going! GREAT job, Ms. Kall. I look forward to reading more from you.
Chris Murray
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hot legal thriller but a lot more. Enjoyed the single woman lawyer's struggle working her way up in the "big" law firm and all the inherent obstacles of that. Alex is swept into a world of romance, deception, and danger traveling from DC to Russia. Surprise ending ,too, which makes this a great read.
Lori
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Although realistic suspense is not my preference to read, I liked this well-written book. The plot twists and simmering romance kept me hooked. I loved the turn the protagonist's relationship with her parents took, and the events were definitely not predictable! Overall it was an enjoyable read.
Carole Anderson
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This was a Goodreads win for me. I have to say it started a little slow and dragged a but, but once it got going, I didn't want to put it down. Lots of surprises - a lawyer gets involved in an undercover operation, falls in love and you just aren't sure who's good and who's bad.
Esther
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This author is a friend of my oldest daughter. All the reviews are good and I agree. As one reviewer wrote I'm don't usually read romantic suspense, but the plot twists and turns made reading it worthwhile. The romance is a little on the spicy side which added to the interest.
J
Jul 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Started off fairly good. Got boring later. The guy I was cheering for turned out to be the bad guy. Just so-so.
Beverly
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. The story was well thought and told. The sexual tension between Alex and Pedro was so intense. I love it.
Caffenero
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspense
This book doesn't let your attention never go down, it has as much turns and twists as an Alpine road! :)
Basti
Jun 24, 2014
Becky
Jul 20, 2014
  • Only You
  • Vision of Shadows (Vision, #1)
  • Time Changes Everything (Time Changes Everything, #1)
  • Cold in the Shadows (Cold Justice, #5)
  • The Best Man
  • Divided (Open Heart #1)
  • Withholding Evidence (Evidence, #3)
  • In Stone
  • One Wicked Night
  • Adorned (The Trinity of Souls Series #1)
  • With His Dying Breath (JJ Matthews Murder Mystery #1)
  • The Baker's Memory

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
  • We'll Always Have Paris: Stories
  • The Hidden Flower
  • Greyhound
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Take Two (Above the Line, #2)
  • The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fat Chance
  • Just a Couple of Days
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Boleyn Inheritance (The Tudor Court, #3)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things