Start by marking “Wake Me Up Inside (Paige Maddison, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wake Me Up Inside (Paige Maddison, #1)

Wake Me Up Inside

(Paige Maddison #1)

Wake Me Up Inside is a ghost story centered around a strong teen-age heroine, Paige Maddison, who is forced to move with her parents from Toronto to hicksville Ontario, to help look after her ailing grandparents. It is a story of discovering one’s heritage and uncovering secrets. What will Paige learn about her family’s past and what will she discover about herself as she ...more
Published July 10th 2012 by FriesenPress (first published December 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wake Me Up Inside, please sign up.
Lee Bice-Matheson Yes, there is a love interest in Wake Me Up Inside for Paige. However, they are also the best of friends helping each other in a time of dire need.…moreYes, there is a love interest in Wake Me Up Inside for Paige. However, they are also the best of friends helping each other in a time of dire need. Thank you for asking. Lee.(less)

Layla Q.
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Wake Me Up Inside” by Lee Bice Matheson, is a fantastic read for all ages, but especially a teenager like me. It begins with the main character Paige’s backstory, a spunky, confident teenager who has to leave her home town. Paige’s story leaves questions about her parents and grandparents pasts that she must find out. Paige seems like an ordinary teenager going through familiar struggles such as her relationships with her family and moving. But the story takes a mysterious turn when Paige is no ...more
Cheryl
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was free as part of a goodreads giveaway. This book was very entertaining and definitely spooky. It had me jumping at unexpected noises for the last three days. The only problem I had with the book is that it was a little too short. Since this book also leads you hanging, I'm wondering when the next one is out?
siobhan Quinlan
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars. This book was amazing. I enjoyed every second of this book.
Melissa
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author just completed a reading here at the Orillia Public Library. We had some very enthusiastic youth rush to purchase and get her signature. Fantastic!
Fran
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wake Me Up Inside: Lee Bice-Matheson

Nightmare can often trigger memories that many would prefer to remain dormant. Others can ignite or fuel and event that might change the course of the way we think or our lives in the future. As Paige Maddison descends into a world that seems foreign to her, filled with forest trees, scratches caused by errant branches she focuses on her appearance, what she is wearing and the warmth and comfort of where she really is turns to fear and desperation as she cling
Philip
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lee Bice-Matheson’s debut novel starts out as a coming-of-age story, exploring the themes of transition and discovery as teenager Paige is uprooted from her urban life to live in her family’s ancestral home in rural Ontario, but before she leaves, she is already experiencing (prophetic?) visions of a little girl.

Paige quickly comes to love O’Brien Manor and helps to heal the rift between her mother and her estranged parents. Romance also blossoms in the form of hunky neighbour, Brad, and suddenl
Brielle
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Paige Maddison has been having nightmares ever since she learned her family would be moving. Ripped from everything she's ever known in her hometown Toronto, her grandfather's ailing health has forced Paige and her family to move to their enormous estate, O'Brien Manor.

As soon as Paige steps into the manor, her troubles begin. On a race against supernatural forces to finish solving a certain "mistery" before her grandfather runs out of time, Paige rallies the power of family, friendship and youn
Aliaxey Kharytanovich
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Wake Me Up Inside is weaved around teenage Canadian girl, Paige Maddison, who is still discovers fascinating world around and inside her. Not only that, but through her dreams she explores another world, chilling, creepy and mysterious. Unfortunately, the other world explore her as well. It’s just a matter of time before real and illusory become inseparable, bringing her to the adventure where her family’s past, present and future are the integral parts.
Gradually going page by page I found mysel
Rebecca
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wake Me Up Inside is one of the most suspenseful, spooky novels I have read in a long time. I read the book in one sitting before I went to sleep one night and the characters followed me into my dreams! They each have traits that are easy to identify with and I think that anyone who reads this book, regardless of age, will find something in common with at least one of the characters.

This book is definitely one that you can't put down until the story reaches its conclusion. The ideas are clearly
Megan
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I really enjoyed reading this book.

The story is about a teenage girl named Paige Maddison who is forced to move with her parents to an estate called O'Brien Manor to help her Grandfather who is ill. Paige starts to experience paranormal activity and bears the burden of solving the family secret which is tied to an evil spirit haunting the estate.

Once I started reading this I could not put it down. It is spooky, and suspenseful. I tho
Justin
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A unique take on the age-old ghost story, Paige's journey through O'Brien Manor is one of self-discovery, adventure, and a little bit of romance. Lee Bice-Matheson, the first-time author of this chilling tale, has achieved a nice balance of dialogue and fast-paced action. Wake Me Up Inside is certainly a page-turner - once I started reading I couldn't stop!
Katy
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love WAKE ME UP inside! This book is easily relatable for people of all ages. Bice-Matheson’s attention to detail brings her spirited heroine to life before your eyes. Cannot wait for the next in this series!
Jslana
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lee Bice-Matheson’s, Wake Me Up Inside is an electrifying adventure of self-discovery for the heroine, Paige. Paige is strongly developed and vividly brought to life by the author through detailed narrative. This book was most enjoyable to read and hard to put down!
Kristin
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book to readers of all ages! It is a truly compelling mystery that kept me captivated from start to finish. If you're looking for a book with a mix of suspense, family unity, and mystery- this is for you! Thank you Lee Bice-Matheson for this book :)
Maggie
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm sure Anthony will enjoy it. A childs ghost story.
Lindsay
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was a great mystery. I love it because it has to do with ghosts and its hard to put down. You will just want to keep reading it!
Shelley
Feb 03, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: guest
Author's guest post at my blog:
Heidi Angell
The Good: The story takes a quick pace, and is a relatively short read at only 103 pages. It sort of reminds me of the Nightmare Hall series, and this is designed to be a series as well.
Although the subject matter and the age of the characters is technically YA, the writing style and length are probably more appropriate for the younger end of YA, maybe even mid-grade. (I read Nightmare Hall when I was ten and eleven.) The author does a fairly good job of setting up the chapters in such a way as
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
This review can also be found here

**Copy provided in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.**

I was really excited to start this series when I was asked to review the first two books in the series, I was expecting a thrilling ghost story that would keep me guessing and would be really creepy and would keep me up at night hurrying to find out what happened. Unfortunately, the ghost story was not that interesting, the character's didn't really have me enthralled and
Steve
May 16, 2018
Laney Smith
Feb 25, 2018
GOOD REVIEWS: Who loves to review ghost stories? 4 13 Jul 31, 2013 07:27AM
  • Midnight and the Racehorse (Black Pony Adventures #2)
  • The Night Before Christmas: Now With Cats
  • The Dragon's Tear
  • Untouchable (Everwinter Series, #1)
  • The Melody (Elemental Symphony, #2)
  • Due North #2
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
  • Origami Masters Bugs: How the Bug Wars Changed the Art of Origami
  • Gracious Living Without Servants
  • Murder and the Hurdy Gurdy Girl
  • Annwyn's Blood (The Paladin of Shadows Chronicles, #1)
  • Dragon Bites
  • A Despair of Demons (Travelers, #1)
  • Chasing Nightmares
  • Dolly (Dolly Series: Book 1)
  • Compendium: The Horror Challenge Collection
  • Catching A Sorcerer
  • How to Survive 2012 in Two Weeks
Co-Authors J.R. Matheson and Lee Bice-Matheson released Shine Your Light, Book 3, Paige Maddison Series on Tuesday, November 8th, 2016. We are delighted to see the response. We hit the Top 100 Bestsellers list on Amazon.com for our paperback edition in the Teen and Young Adult Ghost Stories category. We were also listed #2 Hot New Release for 5 weeks. Since then we've been on a book signing tour w ...more

Paige Maddison (2 books)
  • Destiny's Gate (Paige Maddison #2)