Start by marking “Secrets After Dark (After Dark, #2)” as Want to Read:
Secrets After Dark (After Dark, #2)

Secrets After Dark

(After Dark #2)

Beth and Dominic embarked on the most intensely sexual and emotional relationship of their life in FIRE AFTER DARK - the first novel in Sadie Matthews' erotic romance series. Now SECRETS AFTER DARK will take you one step closer to the bittersweet edge of passion: the perfect read for fans of Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James, Sylvia Day and Nikki Gemmell.

Ours was a love
Published November 22nd 2012 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets After Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets After Dark

Start your review of Secrets After Dark (After Dark, #2)
~ Becs ~
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was such a bittersweet read for me. Its taut, compelling, a little uncomfortable and you seriously just never know what is coming next. For a book thats touted as a FSoG style romance, its definitely a departure on the angsty side. The characters are all very flawed, everything is suspect, everyone is duplicitous and nothing is what it seems.

We continue the story of Beth and Dominic but, this time, more characters are introduced that will have a big impact on the central romance and the
Natasha
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I did not expect this for the second book and the synopsis does not give any indication what the story is about. I thought I was going to read a lot more about Dominic & Beth and how they overcome Dominic's loss of control and spend some more time in their boudoir. Not quite...

Instead an erotic/BDSM novel like Fire in the Dark, Secrets After Dark is more of a romantic suspense/mystery.

The story:
Beth hasnt heard from Dominic for weeks after he left on a business trip to Russia. Her boss
Carolina
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm still... trying to put everything together...

And all I can think... again... is...

why gif photo: why reaction tumblr_inline_mjyx0mZ3JJ1qz4rgp.gif

Oh Lord...

crying gif photo: Crying Crying.gif

Monica Miller
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Man, why?

The book started fairly okay, I read the first one over a year or two ago so I didn't remember much except the fact that I thought it was way better than Fifty Shades of Grey because Dominic wasn't a psychopath like Christian Grey.

This book started okay, with Beth waiting for Dominic for weeks without having an answer from him, but she was sure he will contact her.

Insert Dominic's boss, Russian rich man Andrei Dubrovski who ends up, obviously, interested in Beth, and a potential
D.C.
May 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Kate
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was totally different than the first book. I am still wondering how Beth seemed to grow a backbone so quickly.
In this book, Dominic goes missing for weeks and weeks. We never really find out what he was doing, other than "working".
Then, you have the whole mystery. What happened in the caves?
Andrei adds a level of intrigue. The billionaire Russian that wants Beth for himself.
The sex in this one was...meh. Again Dominic takes things too far and starts the cycle of self-loathing.

The
Maxine
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
i enjoyed this book so much more than the first had so much going on that kept me turning the pages it takes such a dramatic turn almost into a mystery than a love/romance that kept me guessing and a little fustrated at the same time.
the characters are well writen beth fustrated me a little by not saying or asking what she should and i really didnt like anna or Andrei from the start but together it made a great story line with lots of twists along the way.

I do think it was a lot more darker than
Lesley Brown
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok. This so didn't go how I presumed it would. Yes, book two redeemed itself from the disaster that was book one. BUT . . . I'm still very much out of love with Beth! I did think at about half way through this one that she was growing on me, but no. She's naive, immature, annoying, judgemental, has an irritating tendency to let her imagination run away with herself and create conversations in her head leading to pessimistic outcomes. She has a lot of growing up to do to be a suitable partner for ...more
Shanai
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was a good sequel.. Way better than the 1st. Beth seems to grow up and get a backbone!
This book takes you on a different adventure from the 1st book, Beth travels to exotic places with her current job and finally finds Dominic! I thought that throughout the book we didn't see enough of Dominic, it was focusing more on Beth and her troubles. But that's made up with cliffhangers and suspense.. I felt like I was sitting on the edge of my seat for most of the book but it was
Yolanda
Nov 27, 2012 rated it liked it
I really have no words for this book. Is Beth really this naive because she blew me the whole book. I really dont know what were suppose to feel about this book or what we were suppose to get from it. There was a lot of mess mixed together and no one telling the truth or for that matter asking anything. Beth goes through the whole story wondering what happen instead of asking people. I could tell thats what happen to Dominics back he has real issues that he doesnt know how to solve now he is ...more
Kayleigh Lewis
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-so-much, bdsm
What a shame!! I was so excited for this book, since I loved the first, but ... Such a let down! It was like the book was rushed. Fill up pages with useless sex info, like the author had nothing better to write. The ending was so abrupt aswell it was like .. "oh, right, ok then." I'm so gutted because I thought it was going to be so much better. Why replace important storylines with sex? Not really different sex either! There was no bond with any characters either. It all felt too rushed!!
Carri-anne Walden
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
the first book in this series held a lot of promises i really enjoyed it however this book i think is a let down im not really sure where the story was going and i found myself very confused from start to finish it didnt really flow with the first book so all in all i was very disappointed i kept reading just to see if i got any answers but sadly i didnt hopefully she can bring it back with the final book because i really enjoy the characters especially since im from norfolk lol!!!
Nikki
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded this morning and have just finished it! loved it but not as much as the first one and it left you at a really annoying part just when you thought it was starting... am hoping there is going to be a number three!!
Louise
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-boyfriends, bdsm
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhh when is the next one out? They can't end a book like this!!
Sharon Pointon
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
another great read but need to get the 3rd book now and hoping there is a happy ending to the love story
Beverley Hollowed
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Liked this book a little more then the first...got me tied in knots at times...but I seriously couldn't put it down...looking forward to the third part x
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book but this one I feel was better who the hell do I believe my head all over the place. can't wait to start book 3
Christina
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
enjoyed it more than the last book
Deb
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Um, yum.

I like this better than the first book, to be honest. The writing draws you in and the characters are interesting.

Donna Higgins
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Got this on pre order for my kindle.
Sammy ⭐️
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait till tomorrow for book 3!!!!!
Christine
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Re-read ready for 28th book 3. Hoping for a good one.
Punit Sahani
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nice sequel to the first part. My heart goes out to Beth for what's going on in her life. While success and money is no issue, love is a spoiler in her life. The secret of the dungeon breaks her every second. Can't wait to pick up the last installment of this trilogy.
Scarlett Coffman
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book moves really fast - but still leaves quetions
ana
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DAMN!
Carol Gil
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to see how it ends

I feel so bad for Dominic! He is working hard to improve himself for love and he just keeps punishing himself. I can't wait to see how it ends.
Anna
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish for one moment I was back there, on my first night in London, broken-hearted from my split with Adam, unaware of all the delight and torment that awaited me if I just looked out of the window. Knowing what I know now, would I look?

This story was a huge question mark. It made me question every new development. It was annoying, I don't much like being in the dark, but at the same time it kept things interesting.
The book ended and still my questions are left unanswered. That I did not
Karol
Nov 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-recommended
No real story-line, no character development & no emotional depth in this novel (2nd of 3). Female MC'S (Beth's) love interest & male MC of bk 1 Dominic is hardly in this book, only brief visits for sex. Like book 1 it's really drawn out & tedious - not a page turner- it's not until pg 242 that the MC's spend any real time together.
Can't relate to Beth. She's immature, melodramatic, pathetic & is always waiting on a man to fulfil her. Her moods are extreme, either really happy or
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, love, drama
Oh god, here we go again, waiting for the next book. It's a ploy, but that's ok I have a long list that i'm waiting for, just add the 3rd in this series to it.

Enough about that. Oh dear, Beth & Dominic are at a cross roads again. As much as I love Dominic the 'Dom', you know if you shared more information with Beth about the why's & how's, she might not go off half cocked with her imagination.

Beth loves Dominic with her whole heart & we know he loves her. But by god these 2 can right
Katya
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Because You Are Mine (Because You Are Mine, #1)
  • Blindfolded Innocence (Innocence, #1)
  • Destined to Feel (Avalon Trilogy #2)
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Knight & Play (Knight, #1)
  • The Submissive (Submissive, #1)
  • Flying High (Hailee & Chase, #2)
  • Where the Ivy Grows (Devoted, #2)
  • The Boss (Manhattan Records #1)
  • Denied (One Night, #2)
  • Hardline (Hacker, #3)
  • The Dom (Manhattan Records Book 2)
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
  • Breaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy, #2)
  • Hardpressed (Hacker, #2)
  • Falling In (The Surrender Trilogy, #1)
  • Knight's Mistress (All or Nothing, #1)
  • The Master (Manhattan Records Book 3)

After Dark (3 books)
  • Fire After Dark (After Dark, #1)
  • Promises After Dark (After Dark, #3)

News & Interviews