Start by marking “Summer of Hope” as Want to Read:
Summer of Hope

Summer of Hope

(Serendipity series #1)

A secret can change everything.

After witnessing her twin brother's death, sixteen-year-old Callie shuts down. Forced to go to her family's summer beach house, she resolves to erase the pain any way she can. Enter the "Perfect's"--the Gold Card group of girls who offer escape in the form of parties, booze and boys.

Things change when she meets Ethan. Callie does her best to
Published August 27th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Summer of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer of Hope

Lara
Oct 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
I couldn't take this book for serious. I just couldn't.
I hated the main character who was really annoying, whiny, ungrateful... and I could never understand how an Augustus Waters double (I'm not even kidding - I swear this is a really bad, blurry copy of Augustus) could fall in love with a brat like our lovely main character.
Also, HAS THIS BOOK EVEN BEEN READ TWICE BY THE AUTHOR?! There were so many typos and mistakes in terms of content it was bordering on funny again. Just one example: in t
Abbie
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I felt quite sorry for the main character in this, but I can't say I loved her. There were a few times where she annoyed me a bit.

This was an okay read, although it took me a while to really get into it. The second half of it was the best part for me.

Overall, An okay read.
Anna Everhart
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After witnessing her 16-year-old twin brother die in a freak accident, Callie swears she will never let anyone in again. Jamie was her twin, her best friend and confident through everything, and the thought of losing another person she loved was unbearable. It was so much easier to be bitter, closed off and even rebel against her parents.

14 months later everything changes when her parents drag her to their summer home and she meets the new neighbor, 17-year-old Ethan. His good nature, smile and
Farah Hanani
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Review on blog: Tumbling In Books

This book is like Romeo and Juliet meet The Fault in Our Stars. I cried so much in this book! I should stop reading books about people dying. Lol.

Anyway... the story starts with this broken-hearted girl who was still trying to get over her twin's death and her family went to their summer house for healing time and stuff. And so she met this guy, opened her heart to him and all and I'll stop here before I spill more spoilers. Oops.

I think this was kind of an oka
Linda Heidelberg
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good read

I thought it was a pretty good book very sad at the end of it.I thought the characters Callie and Ethan were very good together although it was sad about Ethan but overall I thought it was a pretty good read.
NFLS
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Although the story was emotional, I felt that the end was too easy and too fast. To make the h got the message, the end should not be that drastic.
Caprice
Sep 21, 2016
Kathy Bailey
Feb 09, 2017
carol schempp
Mar 26, 2015
Rebecka
rated it did not like it
Mar 20, 2015
rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2014
Amanda
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
pretty good story. definetly made me tear up a little bit
Lindis
Marie Elozar
Nov 04, 2014
cynthia kramer
Aug 19, 2017
I've been passionate about reading since I was a little girl, which lead to a love of writing. I write YA--especially if it involves at least some kissing.

I have my B.S. in Secondary Education-English from Penn State University, and am also pursuing my M.S. in Mental Health Counseling.

I live and write in New Bern, North Carolina.

Serendipity series (2 books)
  • Summer of Secrets