Start by marking “Fruits Basket, Vol. 20” as Want to Read:
Fruits Basket, Vol. 20

Fruits Basket, Vol. 20

(Fruits Basket #20)

Kagura and Kazuma hotly discuss Tohru liking Kyo. With Kagura's forceful encouragement, will Tohru be able to muster up the courage to tell Kyo how she feels? Meanwhile, Ren is determined to get her hands on Akito's mystery box--even if it means killing for it!
Published July 1st 2008 by Chuang Yi Comics (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fruits Basket, Vol. 20, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fruits Basket, Vol. 20

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Holy freaking moly! O_o
Woah! This volume was dark! Even for Fruits Basket standards. *lol* I swear this series is killing me! It’s getting more and more intense and I can’t help but wonder what’s going to happen next. Or rather what’s going to happen in the end! Boy am I curious!!! What a shocker at the end! >_<

Thoughts to the highlights of this volume:

- Tohru finally admitted to her feelings!!! OMG!!! Not to Kyo though which was such a bummer! XD She told Rin of all people!! GA/>
Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oh no....this gets me every time T_T
Rain Misoa
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! And people who have a million tissue boxes.
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Shelves: manga
*Wipes away tears* Okay... I've had some time to compose myself... so... on with the review. *Inhales/Exhales* Talk about your emotional roller coaster. At the beginning of the book, I was so happy. Happy because Tohru finally was able to accept her feelings. (Even though Kagura pissed me off with how she was involved with that. -_-") Then I was annoyed because we got to see a little of why Akito acts the way he does. Then I was shocked and sad with what happened with Momiji. Then I was annoyed ...more
Bonnie
Jul 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: child-abuse
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The curse is falling apart. Two more members of the Zodiac lose their curse in this volume: Momiji and Hiro. The idea of loss is represented by feathers falling throughout the pages. I don't entirely get what feathers represent as far as loss goes. Perhaps the equivalent of things falling apart, loss of life? It's an interesting artistic choice that sets the atmosphere.

We learn more about Akito and her mother Ren. Talk about Mommy Dearest. Ren loved Akito's father desperately. She co
Becky
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Adalira Morningstar
[HATRED OF AKITO INTENSIFIES]

[SOFT WAILING THAT MOMJI/TOHRU WILL NEVER HAPPEN]

[CONFUSION ABOUT WHY KYO DIDN'T JUST THROW TOHRU'S MOM BACKWARDS WITHOUT EMBRACING HER]

[DEEP LONGING THAT THERAPY EXISTED IN THIS SERIES]
Cath
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars.
Oh good lord!
So much happened in this volume, holy moly man I need to recover.
Only three more to go, I'm frightened of the end.
Kassidy
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
... wow
Miss Ryoko
Jun 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Wow, I don't think I've ever cried so hard in my life reading a book. And most of them were tears of absolute joy! Haha!

Is the Sohma curse breaking? Will Tohru finally have the guts to tell the person she likes how she feels? And is Akito finally getting his just rewards? Volume 20 will tell!
Silvia Turcios
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
So many feelings!!! And I thought I couldn't be shocked anymore ... so wrong! I was crying at the end! Poor Kyo, poor Tohru ... I have mixed feelings, I want to continue reading, but I don't want to end the series yet and I have so few volumes left :(
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Totally not liking that last scene. I wonder where it'll go from here!
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Let me go ahead and say that there will be spoilers. I mean, honestly it's pretty difficult to review manga without spoilers. Anyway, this is just a warning. Since I'm so far into the series these last review will probably be packed with spoilers.

We learn the story of Akito's father and mother, and how they met. We've met Ren before, and it's obvious that they hate each other. I think they're both jealous of the how much attention the other got from Akito's father. Anyway, whatever i
Debbie
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, shojo
After volume 11 (when Yuki admits that he loves Tohru) the series sort of goes downhill. Yeah, there are a few wonderful moments (I really enjoyed some backstories) but now it's all so repetitive. Everyone is hated by their parents or their parents are dead. It has some negative psychological effect on the children, and that's why they're all so messed up. The series is focusing way too much on side characters, honestly, Kyo and Tohru act like side characters now! The series shifts the attention ...more
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Nope. I can't live anymore. I can't handle this drama and my heart is killing me! I'm crying and laughing and a complete emotional wreck. I love all these characters so much, and the plot is marvelous! The Sohma family is so insane with all those secrets!

This book made me cry in several different ways; I cried in anger and frustration, I cried because of all the sad things, I cried in relief,and I cried in delighted wonderment. I laughed at the funny stuff, and I laughed in relief, and I laughe
ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ
Aug 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Fruit Basket is a great series 4 people that feel alone now and again. The 20th volume is a great book 2 have an up date on where the characters stand. Anime lovers will love it, but if u want more drama, I think u should check out the other books.
Julie
Aug 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Furuba fans, shojo fans
This series is still one of my favorites, even at book 20. I continue to be amazed at how much the artwork has evolved - the characters really do look older and the subject matter is so much more serious than at the beginning. Just three more volumes til the end!!
Yehudit
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood-loves
And the story is finally being told. I can't believe it. It's almost over.
Selena
BIG REVEAL!

This is probably my favorite volume so far. So much raw emotion. Takaya-sensei does an excellent job with that.
Rachel
Rin tries to determine if Tohru wants to save Kyo to actually be with him and love him, and not just because she feels pity for him (like the previous Cat incarnation - Rin's grandfather's consort believed). Tohru finally admits her feelings out loud to Rin, only to be interrupted by Kagura demanding she say these things to Kyo and attacks her. I did like the Kyo took care of her and watched out for her once she regained consciousness (Kagura can hit pretty hard!).

We do get to know the truth ab
Carina
So a few days ago I thought it was volume 19 that saw (view spoiler) break free of the bond - at least I was only one volume out and got the character right! Though, maybe not a surprise on the latter front as they are one of my favourites!

I like that Tohru seems to realise that just because Kyo has replaced her mother as being first in her heart, that doesn't mean she'll lose her mothers memory. This could have been dragged out f
Ben Truong
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Fruits Basket, Vol. 20 continues where the previous tankōbon left off and contains the next six chapters (114–119) of the on-going manga series.

When Tohru Honda admits that claiming she wants to free all the Sohmas is "deception" because she cares most about Kyo Sohma, Kagura Sohma says she should tell Kyo this, but when they are alone she lacks the courage to. Ren Sohma tells Shigure Sohma, the box she asked Rin Sohma to steal belonged to Akira Sohma, her husband, and a flashback show
Mari
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Sara
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm getting closer and closer to finishing the series and I'm really dreading it! What will I read next that could ever compare to Fruits Basket? Anyway, here are my notes on my reread of Volume 20:
- We get more of Akito's backstory in this book. My hatred of Akito is now tinged with a little bit of pity.
- (view spoiler) I just
Robin
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a nostalgia series for me. There are definitely flaws and some things that don't hold up now as the series grows older, but it remains one of my favorite manga of all time (hence why it'll get five stars regardless).

The characters are engaging, beautiful, multilayered, and wonderful. Seeing their journeys grow and change really hits me. There are some pages in the later volumes that really, really hit me hard even now and flash me back to that time when I first read them.

This is defini
Chloe Simpson-White
OMG THE FEELS.

in Volume 20 of Fruits Basket we find out Kyo's secret and the reasons for his anger and guilt. we also learn about one of the things that has helped Akito in her life. I think the symbol of her father is such a lovely thing for her to have kept for so long. it made her suddenly very, very relatable and showed us a sentimentality and a softness to the character that really balanced her out!

see you all in Fruits Basket Volume 21!! :-)
Leigh
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one went by really really quickly. I know that it was the same size as the others, but it just felt like there was less to it. I think that's because they focused on two really big ongoing plotlines instead of a bit and pieces or splitting up days between chapters. Shit is really hitting the fan, and I'm not sure what to do about it. It narrowly missed out on being 5 stars.
Chelsea Best
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume right here guys! It's probably my favorite so far! The details are all coming together on what happened with Kyo and Tohru's mom. All of the pieces are coming together and I am here for it! If you love these characters, you need to read it! I love Kyo so much more after this volume! His character development is never ending.
Anne
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I should have started reading these at the start of my long weekend, not at the end. Because the shocking happenings (Momiji! Hiro!!!), plot twists (stabbings!!), and cliffhanger-y ending means I have to dive right into the next volume!
Eny Tsurugi
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
... let's just say I almost cried, but I would if I wasn't at work.. (in the library, yes I work in the library x'3) anyways, I've been holding up my tears, up because I'm working. But if it wasn't because of that I would be crying my eyes out!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 12 (Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, #12)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 13 (Ouran High School Host Club, #13)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 4 (Wild Ones, #4)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 11
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 5 (Alice 19th, #5)
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her debu

Fruits Basket (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 7
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 8
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 9
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 10
“However, I can’t be happy. I feel I can’t have that experience, I can’t assume I will have that experience. I’m free but feeling lonely and disheartened. I hope there’s happiness out there; besides the future is approaching and waiting for me. In the future, I will be a part of the world. I will finally live my life.” 23 likes
“What you don’t know, what you don’t understand…You can learn those things starting now. So let’s change, okay? Akito. This is what I wanted to talk to you about before. If you continue to stay in this environment, the “bond” and the “Sohma family” will consume you. You’ll feel empty inside forever. You’ll never be satisfied. You’ve realized it too, haven’t you?” 0 likes