Start by marking “This Bed Our Bodies Shaped” as Want to Read:
This Bed Our Bodies Shaped

This Bed Our Bodies Shaped

Published July 11th 2012 by Able Muse Press

To ask other readers questions about This Bed Our Bodies Shaped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Bed Our Bodies Shaped

Start your review of This Bed Our Bodies Shaped
Särah Nour
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Besides her young-adult modernizations of classic literature—such as Jane and the recently released Catherine—April Linder has also made a name for herself in poetry. This particular poetry collection, This Bed Our Bodies Shaped, showcases her prowess in taking everyday life and, with a turn of phrase, provides haunting snapshots of the human condition.

Divided into three parts, the poems of This Bed Our Bodies Shaped—most of them free verse—take readers to the beach, to ancient cathedrals, and t
Molly
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The sublimely intelligent and compassionate poems in April Lindner’s This Bed Our Bodies Shaped make this the kind of book that becomes your friend on a bedside table. Here is a poet you can always trust. She never sacrifices the complex layers of emotion for the simple treatise. In this slender volume Lindner follows the pilgrim’s progress of girl into woman into lover into mother into maturity in poems that both mark those thresholds and illuminate them with the brilliant specifics of a lived ...more
Ann Michael
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
April Lindner's poems are well-crafted, but more than that, they often illuminate. Her focus on the contemporary--these poems are decidedly of our time in their settings and details--doesn't keep her from examining the "universals" such as relationships between beloveds, the workings of families, observations about the bigger questions in human consciousness.

I know her personally, but I read her poetry before I got to know her better; I think I am fairly unbiased...someone ought to review her la
Cylia Kamp
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This Bed Our Bodies Shaped is a wonderful book of sensuous poems reflecting various times in a woman's life. April Lindner's writing reads without a hitch, as though it required little effort on her part. But as anyone realizes a writer must write for hours, days, more...to attain this apparent ease with language. There's no doubt Lindner has practiced her craft.

I recommend this little book to anyone who loves love. Even if you aren't prone to reading poetry, April Lindner may change your mind.
Angela