Start by marking “Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction” as Want to Read:
Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction

Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  913 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
When Tess Tremaine starts a new life in the colorful town of Goose Pimple Junction, curiosity leads her to look into a seventy-five-year-old murder. Suddenly she’s learning the foreign language of southern speak, resisting her attraction to local celebrity Jackson Wright, and dealing with more mayhem than she can handle.

A bank robbery, murder, and family tragedy from the
Paperback, 2, 252 pages
Published September 6th 2014 by Southern Ink Press (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction, please sign up.
Amy Metz Just saw this, Ellen! I'm hoping book 2 will be out in a few months. Thanks for asking!

Wayne Zurl
Aug 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Short Course on How to Speak Like a Southern Appalachian and Solve a Seventy-eight-Year-Old Murder

MURDER AND MAHEM IN GOOSE PIMPLE JUNCTION
By AMY METZ
From Iconic Publishing

Tess Tremaine leaves her northern home to forget a bad marriage and work on the romance novel she’s always wanted to write. Tess relocates to Goose Pimple Junction, Tennessee, a quaint and quirky little town located near . . . we’re not sure where.

After only a few days in GPJ, Tess meets veteran mystery writer Jackson Wrigh
Bea  Charmed
A good romantic mystery disguised as a cozy and with godawful Southern twang and dialect. It was painful to read. It was so bad that it made some of the characters look and sound dumb even though they weren't. Over the top on quirkiness and dialect but strong on story and characterization.
DelSheree
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Tess is ready to start over. A messy divorce didn't send her running, but it did push her to start looking out for herself. And boy, is she going to need it! What seemed like a small, quiet town quickly gets stirred up by Tess's arrival when she inadvertently uncovers secrets that may have been better left in the past.

Tess Tremaine is a fun character. She's not twenty, perky, or perfect. She's a realistic character that women will be able to relate to. It was fun to ride along on Tess's adventu
Ara of My Book and My Coffee
“Well, gracious me! This book made my week! Excellent plot. This is a murder mystery (with romance and humor) I wouldn’t mind reading over and over again. It’s that good!”Ara of My Book and My Coffee

Book Description: Murder & Mayhem In Goose Pimple Junction

L.
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to Goose Pimple Junction, Tennessee. Do not read this book if you don't want to be thoroughly entertained and stay up nights reading until you finish it.

Amy Metz has done a great job of portraying life in a small town in the south. She has created a cast of characters you will never forget and her portrayal of the "isms" in the language of the south are hilarious. Part mystery, part romance, all engrossing, the book will take you on a series of twists and turns like a switchback road. Y
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
A wonderfully fun mystery!

How could I not want to read a book called MURDER & MAYHEM IN GOOSE PIMPLE JUNCTION? And I’m so glad I did. Not only was this a great mystery, it was hysterical. I laughed out loud more than I can count.

Author Amy Metz has penned a rollicking adventure of murder, and yes, mayhem in the deep south. From the chapter titles to the vocabulary, the author gave this story a voice, and that voice had a twang.

This lively mystery switches back and forth from the 1930’s to
Carmen Pacheco
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was wonderful!!! Lots of laughs and a swoon-worthy love story.
LORI CASWELL
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014

Dollycas’s Thoughts

I absolutely loved everything about this book!

Tess Tremaine is starting over after a terrible marriage. Her son has his life in Birmingham and she is settling in to her new home in Goose Pimple Junction. With a children’s book already published she decides to try her hand at a romance novel. To fill her time she lands a part-time job at A Blue Million Books and she is also refreshing the home she has purchased. It just so happens that her new home was the bookstore owner’s fam
Julie
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of meeting this author and spending the day with her at a book fair, and she was such a lovely person that I was really looked forward to reading her book!

SO glad I did. "Murder and Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction" is a fun, cozy mystery of the southern variety. Mrs. Metz used a real unsolved murder from her family history as the basis for this book, which intrigued me and leant the storyline credence. The main character and weather descriptions seemed very authentic and genu
Masquerade Crew
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
THE MANIC SCRIBBLER'S REVIEW

Early on in the story, Tess observes (to no one in particular) "I love this town" - and even after only a few pages, I found myself nodding in agreement. Goose Pimple Junction is a delightful place and its larger-than-life residents are among the most colourful and amusing I've ever come across.

These great characters lead us on a leisurely stroll through the plot and the town, picking up clues about all the murder and mayhem, past and present, and piecing it all toge
Dawn Edwards
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mystery with Both Humor and Charm 4.3 Stars
Ms. Metz has done a phenomenal job of writing an intriguing mystery with added humor and romance. I was so delighted with the humor as I have a Southern cousin who once teased my husband, by asking him how he learned to talk Southern. Thanks to this book, I now know what she meant, though I was well puzzled at the time. The framework for each "chapter" is another lesson in "Southern Speak."

The mystery involves a 75-year-old pair of murders, a real cold
Cheryl Landmark
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come soon.
Lacey
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boring, is what I thought of this book. Boring and inaccurately portrayed. I thought I picked up a cozy mystery when I started reading this book, not a fiction novel with some romance thrown in for spice. How disappointing.
Joe Hempel
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review can also be seen at topoftheheapreviews.com

Tess Tremaine moved to Goose Pimple Junction to get a way from life for a bit. But in her new home she finds a key that could hold the answers to an eighty year old mystery. Part romantic-comedy, part mystery, part southern comfort, does this book come together and keep you from cover to cover?

When this book came to me I was hesitant to really accept it and read it. It’s a whodunnit mystery, but it seemed to have a lot of romantic pieces to
Kathleen
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to Goose Pimple Junction, Tennessee!

When Tess Tremaine, recently divorced and looking to start over in a new town settles into Goose Pimple Junction, she has no idea what she's in for! Meeting the townsfolk, learning "southern speak" and "goosepimpleisms," working in a bookstore, and an attraction to local celebrity Jackson Wright is enough to keep her busy ... or is it?

A 1935 bank robbery leads to the 1937 unsolved murder of witness John Hobbs. Seventy-five years later, Tess is living i
Megan
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, ebook, mystery
3.5 Stars

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. And I have to say I think one of my favorite parts of the whole book is that the main character is a 40-something woman (closer to 50 than 40) who still has a great love story and all the suitors any one main character can possibly need. That one small thing creates for a hugely refreshing story.

Don't get me wrong, I knew who had done it not that far into the book (honestly, I had my fingers crossed right at the end that she'd
Melissa
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first read the blurb for this book I was curious how someone would solve a 75 year old mystery. Anyone involved would surely be dead, so how on earth would you investigate such a thing? But Tess soon discovers that when she starts poking her nose into the past, someone is out to make sure that the past stays buried! . I think this book proves just how strong family ties are in the South. The weaving of the 1930s story with the modern day story is seamless…there is no confusion at all like ...more
Michele(mluker) Luker
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Humor and mystery…who knew the combination would orchestrate an amazing read!

This story is about Tess, a middle aged woman with a grown son, and recently divorced. She is starting a new life in the small southern town of Goose Pimple Junction. She is a romance author, who lands a job in a local book store.

She buys a house that has some ties to an old cold case murder, and finds a key. She meets local hottie, Jackson, who is also an author. Tess can’t deny her attraction to him, and eventually co
Kathy
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy a well written cozy mystery, and Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction fits this criteria! Amy Metz is a good storyteller with a good writing style. I like the small town setting of Goose Pimple Junction. Each chapter begins with a quaint Southern saying which are cutesy and interesting.

There are two connected mysteries going on throughout the book that are both set in Goose Pimple Junction in different time periods. One is a story about an unsolved bank robbery and murder
Sara Palacios
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Murder & Mayhem In Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz is a murder mystery set in a cute southern town. When Tess Tremaine moves to Goose Pimple Junction in hopes of starting a new life, she things that she has hit the jackpot. Then, she finds something that peaks her interest and soon finds herself investigating a seventy-five-year-old murder. Along the way she is thrown into the charming world of southern comfort and becomes instantly attracted to local celebrity, Jackson Wright. Will she be ...more
Lisa Morin
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh lawdy, this book had me laughing!
Tess Tremaine relocates to Goose Pimple Junction, Tennessee, leaving behind a cheating husband and a broken heart. It's time for Tess to work on her novel and start a new chapter in her life.
Tess is slowly learning the ropes and who better to help her then fellow mystery writer, Jack. His southern charm soon wins Tess over and she is happy with the changes in her life.
When strange events begin to happen, it seems the good ole boys don't want to take Tess seri
Tricia Drammeh
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This wonderful book by Amy Metz features more than murder and mayhem. Don't let the title fool you. It's got romance, humor, and a whole cast of characters you'll love. I walked away from this book feeling like these characters were family. I can't help but wonder what happens to them next. The story is centered around an old mystery, so the tale moves back and forth in time as the author peels back layers of the 1930s mystery as well as the mystery unfolding in 'real time.' The pacing is quick, ...more
Christoph Fischer
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Murder and Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction" by Amy Metz came with high recommendations from a friend. I am not a great fan of murder mystery, but this one was as good as I was promised.
Cleverly told in separate narratives jumping between 1932 and 2010, there is the story of an old bank robbery that is connected to an unsolved murder, and there is the story of Tess.
Tess recently divorced her philandering husband and is trying to make a fresh start in a Southern town, aspiring to write a book. Wi
Edel
What a wonderful mystery , I loved it!!. Welcome to Goose pimple Junction where the locals are charming and full of witty banter and it's history is in the spotlight again, and will soon liven up the entire town.
The story is told in present day and from the 1930's ,in the 1930's dialogue we get to see a crime and some of the people involved in it and in present day we meet a woman who has taken an interest in this old crime bring it all back into the spotlight again..
There was so many times du
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. It is cozy mystery mixed with romance and humor. I enjoyed the characters in this book and loved the "southern slang". I live in the south and have heard many of these phrases spoken. I laughed out load several time while reading this book because of the "southern slang". The town of Goose Pimple Junction sounds like my kind of place. I love the story of Tess and Jack as well as the other characters. The author Amy Metz did a wonderful job with this book. I would recommend ...more
Ellen Collier
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A charming and suspenseful, yet hilarious, mystery unlike anything I've ever read before, sort of a Bonnie & Clyde meets Moonlighting (remember that old show?). Amy Metz skillfully alternates between a romantic modern-day mystery and an old 1930s murder based on her actual family history--it's like two books in one! I laughed out loud at the funny Southern expressions and slang she incorporates into the story, most of which I'd never heard before and I live in the South. Made me wish I could ...more
M.C.V. Egan
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is from: Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction Mysteries Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Murder and Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz
Few books have everything and Amy Metz managed to do this brilliantly. The humor, the history, the Southern! I simply loved her style, the way she wove the storyline from the 1930s into present-day.
Each chapter introduced with American Southern colloquial expressions. On a personal note as someone who has lived in the
E.K. Ellis
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder and Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction

A very delightful read. The Author’s characters are engaging and just as colorful as their names. The mystery and intrigue was well woven into the story. I admire how the author refers back to the past to help the reader to understand how the event from the 1930’s was related to the happenings going on in her main character’s life in present day.
Murder and Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction was an enjoyable book to read and I hope to read more of this Autho
Abby Vandiver
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good cozy mystery.

Tess moves to Goose Pimple to get away and start over. She's very happy with the small town, and even got a famous local (who's not such a bad looker) making moves on her. But then the mystery of a found key and a murder more than a half century old grabs her and just won't let go. The dialogue was good - my favorite line is when Jackson tells Tess "You're killing me." (You'd have to read it to see why!) A little heavy on the southern speak, but if you're looking for a good co
  • Death Makes the Cut (Jocelyn Shore #2)
  • Three Odd Balls (Cue Ball Mysteries, #3)
  • Delayed Death (Temptation in Florence #1)
  • A Date You Can't Refuse
  • Hijack in Abstract (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #3)
  • Last Diner Standing (Rose Strickland Mystery, #2)
  • Catnapped! (A Dead-End Job Mystery, #13)
  • The White Magic Five and Dime (Tarot Mystery, #1)
  • Skating Over the Line (Rebecca Robbins, #2)
  • The Chef at the Water's Edge (Hannah Starvling Twilight Mystery #1)
  • You Cannoli Die Once (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #1)
  • Mama Gets Trashed (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #5)
  • Dying for a Daiquiri (Laurel McKay Mysteries, #3)
  • Murder by the Seaside
  • Voodoo, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #3)
  • Death at a Drop-In (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #5)
  • For Whom the Minivan Rolls (Aaron Tucker Mystery #1)
  • Body on the Bayou (Cajun Country Mystery, #2)
interests
photography, baking, writing, gardening, reading, needlepoint

favorite books
mysteries, thrillers, chick lit

about me
I am the author of a humorous mystery series set in the fictional town of Goose Pimple Junction. I live in Louisville, Kentucky with my invisible friends Tess, Jackson, Pickle, Louetta, Martha Maye, Butterbean, Henry Clay, Buck...
More about Amy Metz

Goose Pimple Junction (4 books)
  • Heroes & Hooligans in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction Mysteries #2)
  • Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #3)
  • Rogues & Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #4)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
  • Horrorstör
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
  • Since We Fell
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Monkey's Raincoat (Elvis Cole, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“verb \swon\ to swear, derivative of swannee I swan, raising kids is like being pecked to death by a chicken” 0 likes
“Howdied But We Ain’t Shook Yet” 0 likes