Start by marking “Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You” as Want to Read:
Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You

Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You

Let God Breathe a Fresh Purpose Into Your Soul

We so want each day to matter--to serve God in big and small ways. But how, especially when everyday responsibilities, work, fears, and other obstacles get in the way?

Published January 1st 2013 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Your Beautiful Purpose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Beautiful Purpose

Start your review of Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You
Krystal
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
Let me just say that I was ready to write a review for this book before I even finished it, but to be thorough and well informed, I completed it before sharing my opinion. So allow me to apologize for my long winded review.

I "stumbled" across this book a few months ago as I was researching for a beauty campaign that I was doing with my bible study group. (I use quotations because I know that nothing in Christ is accidental). I typed in the word "beauty" in my library's data base and
2019
WOW!! I just needed this book right now. I wanted to highlight whole chapters.
2013 review
Age Appropriate For: All Ages

Best for Ages: 18+ for style and reading level

When I requested Your Beautiful Purpose, I was hoping for a jump start for a bible time, but I found so much more.

We all go through times when we doubt if what we are doing has real meaning. We wonder if we are doing what we are supposed to be doing or just messing everythin
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book that is practical and encouraging. It is easy to read and flows from one chapter to the next with plenty of helpful advice on finding your purpose. I gave this book 5/5 stars. I read the book in one sitting and then went back and answered the questions that were found at the end of each chapter. This book would be great to use in a Bible Study Group, Sunday School Class or just for your own personal devotions. I would recommend all women read this book. You will be enco ...more
Sandy
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Your Beautiful Purpose by Susie Larson is a book I chose to review with a decent level of interest in seeing what was written about what God can do through us. Even in the midst of a huge move, I kept up with reading this book almost every day until I finished it! The lay out was wonderful ... each chapter started with a relevant verse and quote. I noticed right away - the writing backed by Scripture so I jotted down each Scripture reference shared to look up more in depth as I went. I ended up ...more
Katie Casey
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Good Read for Finding Purpose

This book has some great thought-provoking questions at the end of each chapter so would be good for small group discussion, but I just used them for journaling. Susie provides lots of good pointers for surviving and thriving in different stages of your spiritual journey and encouragement on how to find and embrace God's vision for your life.

"Nothing is more beautiful than a strong, humble, God-fearing woman who knows who He is and Whose she is."
Chanelle
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
Title: Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You
Author: Susie Larson
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
January 1, 2013
ISBN-10: 0764210661
ISBN-13: 978-0764210662
Genre: Christian living

Popular Radio Host Shows Women How to Embrace God's Unique Call for Their Life

Listeners to Susie Larson's radio show and women she meets at events across the country tell her the same thing: I want to do something me
Jalynn Patterson
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Like a trusted friend, Susie Larson shares practical, scriptural ways to overcome whatever keeps us from living fully in God's will. Susie will help you learn to:

Discern the best use of your time and gifts
Confidently pursue God's unique desires for you
Stretch your fa
Mary-ann
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This is what I would call a meditative book. It is a book to be read slowly and thoughtfully. Full of Scripture and scriptural principles, this book takes us straight to the heart of God. Susie also shares her personal experiences openly and honestly.

The book is divided into six sections:

· Embrace Your Purpose
· Trust God's Timing
· Hear God's Voice
· Believe God's Word
· Walk by Faith
· Take New Territory

Susie Larson has a gift for ma
Jencey/
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible-studys
Thank you to Bethany House and Netgalley sending me this wonderful Bible Study for review. Susie Larson asks this question what is Your Beautiful Purpose?
The author proposes that we all have a calling or a purpose. We the readers often scratch our heads trying to figure out what is this for us? She shares anecdotes from her own life as she explains different parts of the purpose that we are intended for. She explains that we do have a calling and that we have a choice to follow it or not.
Wendy
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was the first bible study we did with our neighborhood group. We all really enjoyed the way the information is presented. There is a DVD that has 20-30 minute sessions for every 2 chapters. Each chapter has 7 questions that are based on Scripture and 5 discussion starters. Great bible study book!
Tracy
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was our "Busy Moms" book club selection at church and all the discussions were on-line. I found that the book complemented several other studies that I was doing at the same time. This was a good study that made me really look myself and how I was using my time and gifts.
Amy
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirit
A very worthwhile read if you are searching for the next season of your life.
Diane Fournier
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Susie does not disappoint as she leads you into examining your life and find the purpose that God intends for you. She shares some hard things she has gone through but doesn't dwell on the difficulties she shows how leaning in to see God at work helps get through those tough spots on this journey. Learning to use the life experiences to prepare you for your future. Love the scripture she supplies to go along with these lessons. Highly recommend this one. We used it a small group study and the wo ...more
Becca
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Studied this one with a group of women at my new church in Holland. Thoroughly enjoyed our conversations surrounding this one but didn't so much enjoy the 7 in-depth questions to answer for every single chapter! Oy, so much homework!

So many things resonated with me but I think I found most helpful the very practical tips for what to do or what to watch out for in the various seasons in life. However, our group all agreed that we wished she would have focused on these early on in the
Marie Carmean
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful testament of faith, describing how we can discern God's perfect purpose in our lives. I'll be reading this one again. It has been an uplifting and in-depth study that I truly appreciated, by a Christian author who is known for her amazing "Walk with Christ" podcasts, facebook posts, Instagram posts and published books.
Sally
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. I read it with my Bible Study group and I think we all liked it a lot. There is a prayer at the end of each chapter that we read aloud each week because it was always just what we needed! I like to underline or highlight when sentences stand out to me and my book is filled with highlights!
BewareTheWildAnimals
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith
I read this book as part of a Bible study group. We used the accompanying video series and it was outstanding! This is a resource that I will return to as I grow deeper. I highly recommend Susie’s books as she is very relatable and helpful.
Leslie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this slowly. I took out nuggets of truth from each page and placed them in my journal. I needed this and I want to be challenged by it to live the life God has for me.
Kathleen
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book to help you understand how God is working to enhance your life. I loved every minute of this book - Susie Larson is an amazing author.
Heather
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-read
Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You by Susie Larson, is a wonderfully thought provoking book about finding the will that God has for your life.

When I first started this book, I wasn't entirely sure what to make of it. I mean, who doesn't want to know the purpose of your life? Obviously it is something that we all want. Direction. To know we are making the correct choices, to know that our lives are moving in the way that God chooses. But, how do you figu
Carrie Daws
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Imagine a warm, sunny day. The grass is soft and bug-free, the temperature just perfect for relaxing. The water gently trickles over rocks and other obstacles. Perhaps this isn't your ideal place for relaxation, but can picture myself stretching out on a blanket, soaking in the sun as my muscles let go of their tension. This kind of gentle release and refreshment is exactly what Susie Larson's book Your Beautiful Purpose was for me.

God knows full well whom He's getting when He calls
Nikki
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I first began reading Susie Larson's book Your Beautiful Purpose, I anticipated another author extolling the virtues of being a woman in God's kingdom. Although that subject is one I dearly enjoy to read about, I found myself pleasantly surprised to see that the message of her book went above and beyond. Women are the intended audience of this book, however the truths found within it can easily be applied to men as well. Larson addresses in a nonsensical and no fluff way our responsibilitie ...more
Bethany Baird
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this book as part of a book group. It was a great book to read with friends although it can get very personal so make sure it's good friends.

This book was very encouraging to me. I loved how everything was backed with scriptures. It had the feel of an older sister giving encouragement to love God with all your heart, dream big and that push to put those dreams and that love for Gods kingdom into practice. It was full if practical advice and examples. I read this book coming off a very diff
Lisa Jamieson
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Susie Larson's "Your Beautiful Purpose" thoughtfully and effectively pairs a Word-centered framework with personal anecdotes to help readers embrace their value and opportunities in God's Kingdom work. Susie is vulnerable and authentic while capturing the wonder of trusting Jesus. Her book will inspire and empower readers who feel stuck, confused or anxious to experience the adventure of following Jesus -- whether it involves waiting, walking, resting or running in His ways!

The compa
Redawna Warner
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really really loved this book. I plan on using it as the next Bible Study for our ladies group this summer. Each chapter ends with study questions as well as discussion starters. The bullet points on the back cover of this book describe it perfectly. 1 Discern the best use of your time and gifts. 2. Confidently pursue God's unique desires for you and 3. Stretch your faith and deepen your impact. Lay down lesser commitments and lay hold of God's beautiful purpose for your life.

I see that there
Heidi
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was reminded as I read this book that I do have a God-given purpose and I need to be open to find out what it is.

This book gives you a sense of self, purpose, and constantly reminds you how much God loves you and what good things he has planned for you. However, this is not an easy journey. This book requires you to dig deep, using God's word to analyze and discover things in yourself that will lead you to your beautiful purpose.

It will encourage, inspire and challenge you to embr
Michelle Barringer
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book if you want to really dig in and start figuring out what your God-given purpose. Larson takes the reader through four seasons she believes all believers journey through on their way through their faith journey in this life: run, rest, stand, active waiting!

She asks some tough questions, provides insight, and encourages us all at the same time! It's a must read for any woman wanting to discover her beautiful purpose for Christ.
Lisa
May 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: jesus-follower
Read this for work...it was interesting to think about my calling, but this book didn't actually define what she meant by a calling or discuss how to identify one. I found the charismatic language off-putting (esp "taking territory" or God "increasing your land"). I probably agreed with most of what was said, but I didn't feel informed or inspired.
Leigh Ann
May 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I started this one and didn't complete it and not sure I will. I picked it as a book club book, as a non-fiction read based on some radio interviews I had heard. It is good, but ended up being more of a Bible study. This is one you could spend quite a bit of time on and even do as a group, but was not great for just a read through. Just haven't gotten back to it.
John Snyder
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book for me. I often think what is my purpose here. How come I don't know it already. I guess I am just impatient. But this book helped me be more patient as it is revealed to me over time.

• Hope Heals: A True Story of Overwhelming Loss and an Overcoming Love
  • Tea with Jane Austen
  • 50 Women Every Christian Should Know: Learning from Heroines of the Faith
  • God is Able
  • Escape
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner, #1)
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
  • Fervent: A Woman's Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer
  • Living Well, Spending Less: 12 Secrets of the Good Life
  • Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
  • One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
  • The Obituary Writer
Susie Larson hosts a daily radio talk show that airs across the upper Midwest and contributes a weekly feature heard nationally on Moody Radio. Active in local ministry as well as International Justice Mission, she has authored six previous books and been a guest on national TV and radio programs, including Focus on the Family. Susie and her husband, Kevin, have three adult sons and live near Minn ...more
“Lord, I trusted You and found You trustworthy. I now know that when You ask me to wait it’s because You’re making me ready. You had to remove from me the very things the enemy would have used against me. Your ways are always motivated by love. I embrace contentment because You are always my safest place. My refuge.” 6 likes
“Remember, you don’t have to be mighty in stature to be mighty in battle. You don’t have to be beautiful or strong, or even physically fit to change the world, you just have to know that far greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world (see 1 John 4:4).” 5 likes