Start by marking “Unbelievably Gluten-Free: 128 Delicious Recipes: Dinner Dishes You Never Thought You'd Be Able to Eat Again” as Want to Read:

Unbelievably gluten-free pizza! Unbelievably gluten-free fried chicken! Unbelievably gluten-free pasta! Plus breads, dumplings, fritters, pies, cakes, puddings, and more. For the 30 million Americans who have an allergy or sensitivity to gluten—and their families, who want to reclaim the dinner experience of everyone eating the same thing—Anne Byrn creates 125 amazing dish ...more
Published October 30th 2012 by Workman Publishing Company (first published October 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unbelievably Gluten-Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbelievably Gluten-Free

Robert Wright
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking, recipes
Since Unbelievably Gluten-Free is a fairly recent publication with few reviews as yet, I feel the need for some counterpoint before I get to the meat of my review. (Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I feel the need to offer a counterbalancing one.)

1) It's not marketed as a vegetarian cookbook. So while it's fair to point out there aren't many vegan/vegetarian options here, it's not realistic to make that a major negative point of a review. It's like complaining that a Middle Eastern coo
J
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: hardcopy, cookbooks
I enjoyed this cookbook, but it was a bit of a disappointment. The cover boasts that it contains recipes for "homemade" pizzas, pies, etc. I suppose since most cooks would carry out the baking of these dishes in their homes, then technically it's "homemade". Many of these recipes begins by accessing gluten free Bisquik or some other brand name mix as the basis for the recipe. I haven't ever encountered this author's other cookbooks but apparently this is her pattern. The recipes look tasty. Ther ...more
Dianna Anderson
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a book I won in a Goodreads Giveaway. I am not a Gluten-Free cook by any means but am looking to expand not just my reading genre. I was surprised my many of the recipes. The book was filled to the brim with everything you could possibly want. It had the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner but also lighter dishes along with indulgent dishes or hearty pastas and sauces which I had thought impossible before I read the book. Definitely an eye opener in regards to gluten-free. Lots of recipes ...more
BookeryBliss
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this Gluten-free recipe book to be a very well rounded book.
It provided different variations to our usual meals that my children and family enjoyed.
The recipes were delicious and simple too!

Disclaimer
*I received a copy of this book in a First Reads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affected my opinion of the book or the content disclosed in my review. *
Micah
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
Picked this up from the new book shelf at the library today. This book had very few dinner recipes that had any interest to me as a vegetarian. It also relied on expensive flour mixes for most of its breads. It might be a helpful cookbook for someone who is not familiar with cooking or gluten-free foods, but as someone who loves to cook, I found it boring, dry, and unappetizing.
Siobhan
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This cookbook is full of simple gluten-free recipes. SO many of my favorite dishes - from quiche lorraine to red velvet cake - is in here!

I have already made two of the recipes and am very pleased with the results.

My new go-to cookbook!

Angie
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
It wasn't a bad book but only 7 recipes sounded good to me.. Mostly because I don't want to use gluten free flours but would rather use whole foods as most processed gluten free goods/ mixes are usually low in fiber and nutrients (as told to me by my nutritionist) and I just prefer whole foods...
Morgan griggs
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i won this book in a good reads giveaway

i was so happy to get this book and excited to start cooking. Gluten-free recipes who would for thought they would taste so good, cant wait to make more meals. yum!
Shana
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Same author as Cake Doctor, love this book, she is not writing a gluten free book because she has to go gluten free but because she wants to make gluten free food delicious. I can't wait to make many of these, I will be buying this book!
Nan Cairo
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was really disappointed in that a lot of the recipes call for products that you must buy like Bisquick gluten free baking mix which is expensive. I was looking for recipes using different flours.
Monique
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
Many good recipes but too much of if this then that. No firm list of pantry staples. I was looking for more quick dinner meals. A bit disappointed.
PWRL
Apr 15, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Tommy
Feb 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This has some good recipes but I was disappointed that most of the recipes called for purchased ingrediants.
Lisa
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yay! Fairly simple, realistic, and doable recipes for the cooking challenged such as myself.
William Mefford