Start by marking “Truly Tan (Truly Tan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Truly Tan (Truly Tan, #1)

Truly Tan

(Truly Tan #1)

The funniest series for girls since CLARICE BEAN!

Meet Tan. She′s funny. She′s lively. She has the mind of a Great Detective ...

Dear Diary

It′s official. Our whole family has moved to the country. The pets are disturbed and restless. My sisters are disturbed and restless -- although that′s normal. What is not normal is a cursed fox and a haunted clubhouse. That is definitely
Published November 1st 2012 by Harper Collins (first published April 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Truly Tan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truly Tan

Start your review of Truly Tan (Truly Tan, #1)
Tan
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Three and a half stars (the extra half is because it was so cute!).

So, I found this book in my classroom library, got curious because I saw my name, and decided to read it.
Even though it was a children’s story, I really enjoyed it. While Tan had the very hard struggle of moving to a new school and dealing with new friends (and non friends), her character truly developed as the story progressed. She had a great relationship with her three other sisters (though I still wish there was more!), and
Tara Ethridge
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Delightful series that I can't wait to share with elementary students. Tan and her family move from the city to the country and Tan is always on the lookout for any sort of suspicious activity as she is a lover of mysteries. She and her sisters meet up with a brother and sister and they form a special, secret club that investigates a potential haunting. Very engaging book that felt magical with the ways kids can be so imaginative. Reminded me a lot of being a kid. ...more
Megan Higginson
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Truly Tan. Jen Storer gets you right into the mind of Tan and how she sees the world. I loved the use of language, including 'big' words that were explained in note form, as if Tan had typed and printed it out, then stuck it in her notebook.

All the characters were interesting, as was the interplay between them. And I loved the illustrations interspersed throughout the text. I can't wait to read the next one to see what mystery Tan will solve next.
David
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2-3-4-class
Truly Tan is a fictional book written by Claire Robertson in 2008. There are also some very mysterious illustrations by Claire Robertson. Truly Tan is a book about a girl named Tan. Tan and her family are moving from the city to the country. A boy called Ted asks Tan and her sisters to come to his secret hide out, Purple Haunt. Together Ted, Tan and Tan’s sisters uncover a mystery about Purple Haunt.

The one thing I really love about Truly Tan is when they are all going into a haunted shack. Tans
Kate
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a great, Aussie series for girls, with strong female characters.
Tan Callahan is the youngest of four sisters; Emerald, who is in year eight and likes magazines and no messing around; Amber, the prissy drama queen; Rose, the dark, unpredictable stirrer and Tan the CEO of "world headquarters" and paranormal investigator.
Tan and her sisters have recently moved to the country from the big city. Things are different and starting a new school is challenging, but each find their way.
Soon after
Louise Buchanan
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graciela-read
Graciela (9yrs old) has read this whole series and has decided (because of them) that mysteries are her favorite type of books! These are Australian, very appropriate as she read them while travelling Oz.
Anna Davidson
A super fun mystery story with some lovely messages about friendship and a small dose of spookiness.
Jane
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
A very good series for a young middle grader. The sisters are all fun characters and Tan is relatable.
Nikhat Buksh
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book it is fhe funniest story ever you cannot put down the book and I could connect with the characters and it is a very funny book thats why I loved it
M-Tear
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-my-ownership
02.01.2013
M-Tear found this book very entertaining, and she absolutely must agree with the prasie it is given. It was interestly different, with the 'lollipop sisters' Emerald, Amber and Rose, Purple Haunt which M-Tear so wishes she could visit, minus the 'dark, dark, dunny' of course! Not to mention the awesome necklace Gloria made Tan.

Also, the mini quiz at the end of the book was a nice little suprise at the end, and for the record, M-Tear got 5/7.

Can't wait until May when the next book comes
Angie Tas
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book SO much. It's suspenseful, and though it's aimed for "Younger" Kids, literally any age can read this and laugh, enjoy and obsess over this book. It's inspired me into a different way of writing, and inspires me to right in new forms and ways. I really loved the sleep over, the ghost etc etc. I would recommend this book to ANYONE that likes this stuff. Any one that despises this book should be a little more open minded about kids books. ...more
Shane Harcombe
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book from an Australian author. It is aimed at 8-11 yo girls, but is funny and interesting enough for both sexes and many ages. Tan is a very identifiable character, the description of family and school life are excellent and I love the importance that Tan attributes to everything she does. An excellent book.
Tessa
May 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked truly ran although I thought it was the best. I think it aims for 8-10. Tan is a courageous character she has her differences. Is there a ghost? Why is it there?
You will have to read the book to find out!
beth
Mar 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
My sister forced me to read this, and surprisingly, it wasn't that bad, for a children's book.

(view spoiler)

I really hate ghost books. I'm never reading a ghost book again.
Sophie
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
i read this with my mum hand we really enjoyed it.
Cate Whittle
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun getting to know the characters...
Clio
Feb 20, 2014 added it
Shelves: 2014
One my year 5's favourite books ever- she pressed it on to me, wanting me to read and love it like she does. It's a wonderful tween read, and I can she why she loves it. ...more
Ella
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMazing even after the millionth time!
:):):):):)
Renee Mihulka
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, childrens
4 1/2 stars. Fantastic Aussie middle grade book. Tan is a unique, quirky character with a strong voice. Love the books layout.
Keeley
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can i read this book on this app?
Bridget
Oct 16, 2020
Charlie
Nov 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)
  • Scars Like Wings
  • The Odd 1s Out: How to Be Cool and Other Things I Definitely Learned from Growing Up
  • The End (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #13)
  • The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1)
  • Ellie's Magical Bakery: Best Cake for a Best Friend
  • The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)
  • Choosing Sides (Sweet Valley Twins, #4)
  • Showing Off (Upside-Down Magic, #3)
  • The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2)
  • Teacher's Pet (Sweet Valley Twins, #2)
  • Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1)
  • Rowley Jefferson’s Awesome Friendly Spooky Stories
  • Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventure
  • The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)
  • The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #2)
Jen Storer grew up in a small country town in the Wimmera. She began her working life as a nurse. In the 1990s she returned to study, graduating from Monash University with first class honours in Literature. She has written many books for children including the best-selling Truly Tan series and the acclaimed gothic fantasy, Tensy Farlow and the Home for Mislaid Children. She lives in Melbourne.

Truly Tan (7 books)
  • Truly Tan: Jinxed! (Truly Tan, #2)
  • Truly Tan: Spooked! (Truly Tan, #3)
  • Truly Tan: Freaked!
  • Truly Tan: Hoodwinked!
  • Truly Tan: Trapped!
  • Truly Tan: Baffled! (Truly Tan, #7)

News & Interviews

Celeste Ng’s new novel, Our Missing Hearts, depicts a disturbing version of the United States, set in the vaguely distant future, rife with...