Start by marking “Noble Intentions (Jack Noble #4)” as Want to Read:
Noble Intentions (Jack Noble #4)

Noble Intentions

(Jack Noble #4)

Jack Noble. Assassin for hire. Former Marine and government agent. He makes no mistakes. He passes no judgement. He feels no remorse. So why the hell does he stop to help a lost child on a busy sidewalk moments before he's to complete a deal with one of the east coast's top crime bosses?

This simple decision places Jack in unfamiliar territory. He has become the hunted.

Nobl
Published August 25th 2012 by Liquid Mind Media

To ask other readers questions about Noble Intentions, please sign up.
Shane Seems like it was written in smaller sections called episodes but these books combine them and are full length. Great reads.
…more
(less)

Start your review of Noble Intentions (Jack Noble #4)
Toni Osborne
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book # 4 in the Jack Noble series

This thriller is a collection of five episodes sort of standalone stories that are smoothly meshed into one volume. This series follows the story of Jack Noble, an assassin for hire who practices his art with a clean conscience and he does it for the money.

The main characters:

Jack is an awesome cold blooded killer: rather smart, somewhat funny and definitely you want him on your side but deep down he has a heart of gold. Bear is his best friend, this guy has a s
Al
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook-done
I was disappointed by this book. I had gotten this as a free Kindle e-book, and maybe I just started with the wrong book in the series, but I didn't find Jack Noble to be a likable character. I actually think it would have made a better book if Jack's friend & partner, Bear, were the main character. An assassin for hire, with apparently no loyalties except to a handful of individual friends? Ex-Marine who doesn't seem the least bit patriotic? Makes tons of money, but never seems to have any real ...more
Karen
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-read-digital
A collection of all five episodes of season 1 in one place - perfect! I love the main character, Jack Noble, and his journey as an anti-hero. Despite what he does for a living, you can't help but root for him. And the secondary characters all shine just as brightly - Clarissa, Mandy, and especially Bear, have all found a place in my heart. The writing is sharp and witty, and oh-so-easy to get through. I love this series and I can't wait to keep reading more.
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
So, 'Just Jack' is starting to get sloppy a bit. As well as Pierre.
Melodie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
This is the second Jack Noble installment I've read. While I was able to engage in the story most of the time, this particular antihero just doesn't turn my crank. I found myself skimming through the second half of the book without missing anything or losing plot. There was so much filler violence.
So I bid bye bye to this series.
C.S. Wilson
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Noble books are pure entertainment for me. I enjoy them enough that I can (mostly) overlook errors like vile for vial and site for sight. I'll definitely be reading more of the Noble books.
Apollo Hesiod
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this book, hated to put it down, kept me intrigued from the beginning. Jack Noble is an awesome character along with this group of friends. Will defenately read more Jack Noble books
John
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I really wanted to like this book. It had, as the title goes, noble intentions. Jack Noble is a former marine and current assassin for hire. He works regularly for an underworld boss. He has friends all over the world. He goes from place to place killing random people - sometimes the ones he is paid to kill, sometimes just random people. The plot follows him through his journey, except when it diverges to follow one of his friends for a while. The individual action sequences are generally good, ...more
David Highton
An unstructured and meandering plot of paid assassins, secret government agencies and criminal organisations, with more killings than any other book I can remember, often for very little reason. I think this is the end of my Jack Noble journey.
Ted
Aug 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: stupid
I only made it halfway though. While there is a loose plot, there really aren't any interesting characters and they all seem the same. With the exception of a child, the rest all react immediately to anything and everything with deadly force and no discrimination. All in all after half the book I found I really didn't care about any of the characters to any degree and was less interested in what might eventually happen to them. I consider a book an investment in my time and this one wasn't a goo ...more
Rick
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Another job for Noble, the assassin for hire. I thought this might be a dud of a book as it has a kid(I love kids, I have one. I just don't like reading them in a story). I was very surprised the book moved great, the kid was not a distraction. Noble is doing what he does best and is acquiring a large number of enemies. Good book as it was hard to put down. Purchased the next one and ready to put that in the mix.
Stephanie
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Maybe the most interesting of the Noble books I've read so far, but like the rest of them it is littered with grammatical errors making it hard to read at times.

I'll keep reading the series just because they are fine brainless books that are perfect for my Nook, but there is nothing exceptional here. Noble isn't all that likable, and he is hugely underdeveloped.
vivian
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Great story line about a man who assassinates for hire who is caught by the Russian spies and sentenced to death in a kangaroo court. He is than set up as being killed in the prison with poison and than removed from prison in a wood coffin and being alive released. Keeps you guessing.
Kiru Taye
I love this book especially the characters--Jack, Clarissa, Bear, even little Mandy. Already downloaded Season 2. I'm almost afraid to start listening to Season 2 because I won't be able to put it down. So addictive.
Tulay
Apr 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Sorry Mr Ryan.

Many senseless violence and killings, even innocent people. Made it almost to the half, because I respect all the authors.
Jo Blaylock
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very good read

I have fallen in love with Jack Noble. He is everything you want in a good thriller. I am moving on to the next book, season 2 of Noble intentions.
Michael
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished book #4 of the Jack Noble series by L.T. Ryan. Loved the book and the three previous books. I was a follower of W.E.B. Griffin and Tom Clancy. Lately I am finding these writers are using others to help or write entirely the new novels. The last one under Tom Clancy's name was getting hard to read and I abandoned the read. I now follow L.T. Ryan and another writer that writes in the style of the old Tom Clancy books.
Regarding the latest book: Noble Intentions, it was filled with act
Mike Hovis
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack Noble is my newest hero. To use a bit of an oxymoron, he's a hit man with a heart. I met Jack Noble while reading "Thriller Thirteen", a compilation of 13 novellas put together by Mark Dawson. Fortunately Mr. Dawson included episode 1 of Noble Intentions in the compilation. I was so impressed with episode 1 that I downloaded the complete book of Noble Intentions, which consists of 5 episodes, and read it before getting back to T13. I love everything about Noble Intentions! L.T. Ryan has cre ...more
Thomas James
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Violence for the Sake of Violence

I don't really know how to rate this story as it's in a league of its own. It's kind of a spy novel. Something like James Bond, but Bond never gets this violent. There is so much violence that the story almost gets lost. Events that should evolve into solutions get twisted into death and violence. It almost makes you wonder how L.T. Ryan knows about this stuff. (Then again maybe I don't want to know.) This is part of a series so it's possible this is a developmen
Cleo Baker-roberts
Unfortunately, the order of the various episodes of Jack Noble's adventures is a wee bit confusing & I read a couple out of order. "Noble Intentions" is actually #4 (followed by "When Dead In Greece," which I'd already read!) & the best episode so far!
L.T. Ryan doesn't get bogged down in minute descriptions (which just slows down the story) & this one turned out to be a page turner & a more believable/enjoyable tale.
All-in-all a really good read & worth your time if you like fast-paced, action
Michael Mardel
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Noble intentions Jack Noble #4 by Ryan. Definitely a page turner with good descriptions, even to the cruise ship and the Black Dolphin. Was it in Jack's character to befriend a little girl, Mandy, lost on the street? Was it in Clarissa's character to take them in? Clarissa is a strong character who really takes over the story. And she can be violent, too. Is Jack amoral with all his killings? He always has money to pay for various lodgings, all at the same time. Very entertaining otherwise.
MH
I liked the first three books reasonably well. The main character (and supporting cast) seem reasonably well thought out, the writing seems tight, the action seems exciting and believable, but here in book four, I am starting to think the relentlessly amoral killer that Jack Noble is becoming is not my thing. YMMV, though, so don't let my thinking here dissuade you from trying these books out. I won't be purchasing or reading any more of them.
Stephen Kurtzahn
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too violent.

I read the first Jack Noble book because it was free and the story line interested me. But I won't be reading anymore in this series. Jack and his friend Bear are not good people, and it's hard to stomach these two shooting people in the head every few pages. No thanks, not for me.
Pat Rathmann
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AN INTENSE THRILLER AND GREAT READ

What an intense read. This story is filled with action, mysterious plots, suspense, revenge and finally loyalty and friendship to the end. There is such intrigued built within these story lines that keeps a reader captivated. As the story unfolds, tension mounts and the ending is a huge surprise.
Richard Cowart
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the action continues Jack finally bites off more than he can handle. In an attempt to protect Clarissa and Mandy Jack takes a job for Pierre which gets the Russians after him. He pays the ultimate price or does he? Another thrilling adventure in a series filled with action and great supporting characters.
John McCulley
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your average hero.

Well rounded characters,an intriguing plot and a protagonist who whilst not exactly an anti-hero is certainly a borderline creation. Superb...i foot one look forward to more exploits from a certain Mr Noble. These books seem to improve with each new release,L.T. Ryan i applaud you.
Casey
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book reads like the author got a book deal and needed to crank out some pages. It's just violence and nonsense. I read a few of the previous installments, and they kept my attention. This one was all over the place, everyone got murdered, the players in the story all lost their depth and in the end I just skimmed the pages to see how it ended.
Patricia Wchman
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack is a bit of a steamroller. If a body gets in his way he obliterates it. It seems as though the good guys and bad guys in this book act in the same way. So the dead body count is very high. I like my protagonist to have more finesse. However, the book moves along quickly. I gave 4 stars because I like how Jack and Bear treated the little girl Mandy.
Tertia R Armstrong
Love it

The addition of Mandy to the family makes the rough and tough assassin crew human. Events around the globe provide chilling reminders of the savage underground criminal elements. Plot twists and turns offer exciting adventures for Jack, Bear, and Clarissa. The last scenes make you want to read the sequa.
Frank James
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On I love a good story! And this is one of those I truly love!

Jack Noble and his partner Near can get into more trouble quicker than a kid turned loose in a candy store. Fantastic, just what I needed. These guys,well, I won't spoil the book for you but you are gonna love it. Get it quick, before it's gone. L.T. Ryan is one heck of a writer.

• Murder 8 (Nick Lawrence #5)
  • Targeted Violence (Nick Lawrence #4)
  • Burning Truth (Nick Lawrence #3)
  • Contracts (King & Slater #2)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • In Sheep's Clothing (Noah Wolf #3)
  • Hit For Hire (Noah Wolf #4)
  • Noble Intent (Jake Noble #3)
  • Noble Sanction (Jake Noble, #4)
  • Bullets Before Breakfast (A Tanner Novel Book 31)
  • Pursuit of Justice (Nick Lawrence #2)
  • Murder Board (Boston Crime Thriller #1)
  • Lone Wolf (Noah Wolf #2)
  • Vengeance Calling (David Rivers #4)
  • Knight Time (Tanner #29)
  • Ultimate Assassin (Tanner #28)
  • Noble Vengeance (Jake Noble, #2)
  • Broken (Corps Justice - Daniel Briggs, #3)

Jack Noble (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Noble Beginnings (Jack Noble #1)
  • A Deadly Distance (Jack Noble #2)
  • Thin Line (Jack Noble #3)
  • When Dead in Greece (Jack Noble #5)
  • Noble Retribution (Jack Noble #6)
  • Noble Betrayal (Jack Noble #7)
  • Never Go Home (Jack Noble #8)
  • Noble Judgment (Jack Noble #9)
  • Never Cry Mercy (Jack Noble #10)
  • Deadline (Jack Noble #11)