Start by marking “Divergent Series Box Set (Divergent, #1 - 2)” as Want to Read:
Divergent Series Box Set (Divergent, #1 - 2)

Divergent Series Box Set (Divergent #1-2)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  14,145 Ratings  ·  256 Reviews
The first two books—both #1 New York Times bestsellers—in the Divergent series are available boxed together for the first time! Perfect for gift givers, collectors, and fans new to the series, the box set includes:

-A specially designed slipcase
-Hardcover editions of Divergent and Insurgent
-Bonus booklet! "The World of Veronica Roth's Divergent Series," a forty-eight-page b
Published October 30th 2012 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Divergent Series Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divergent Series Box Set

Clare Heitkamp
Strong young female protagonist my ass! Every time her life is in danger, her boyfriend appears out of nowhere to save her. This is a fantasy that we MUST move past. MUST. Young women must have heroes who save themselves and each other, PLEASE.
Connie
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I actually preferred this series over The Hunger Games....can't wait for the third installment.
Ishara
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine if you were in a world, where you had to choose your future at the age of sixteen. That’s what Beatrice Prior has to do in the post apocalyptic future. In Chicago, there are five different Factions, Dauntless, Abnegation, Erudite, Candor, and Amity. During her simulation test, which is a test that tells someone which faction they belong in, Beatrice’s results are inconclusive. They state that she belongs in three factions, instead of just one. This makes her a Divergent. During the Choos ...more
Jen Roberts
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with these books, they are clever and dynamic. I enjoyed the plot which kept me on edge, I loved the tension between Tris and Four and I had the satisfaction of gloating about having the ending as one of my own scenarios. I also loved that Tris wasn't another weak, lets-lie-down-half-comatose-because-my-boyfriend-has-left-me type of girl, but she was independent, brave and even though she knew Tobias wouldn't be happy with her decisions she continued to do it because she was her own ...more
Emily Messer
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really, really liked these two books. They were different from the other books I've read. I liked all the characters and how they grew over the story. I connected with them even though I didn't think I would. The universe Veronica Roth created was great. The atmosphere and detail was perfect. The action, adventure and romance lead to two thrilling books. They were filled with suspense and surprises. Kept me reading until 2 in the morning!
Sara J. (kefuwa)
Entertaining as far as YA dystopian fiction is concerned. Borrowed from the local library's Overdrive collection. Lel.
Abby
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoyed the Hunger Games you will love this. Thought provoking and interesting social commentary.
Stephanie Simmerman
Interesting dystopian series with lots of fast paced action throughout. The story is a bit juvenile, especially the quick bits of love story thrown in, but the intended audience was the teen/young adult group. Overall, the concept of this world, is intriguing. Five factions (Amity, Candor, Erudite, Dauntless, and Abnegation), each tasked with upholding a certain virtue of humanity, make up the known world. Each person within the faction decides to stay with the faction they were born to or join ...more
Joe
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot was a little more meandering than I would have liked. I'm not sure the book lived up to its title based on the course of events, and the romantic relationship got too close to Twilight for my taste. When we finally got to the big disclosure, the impact was anticlimactic. As the middle book in a series, it's not that I expected a 100% return on my lingering questions, but I needed something a lot more substantive for the time I took to consume the book. This is the problem with a series, ...more
Miriam Berrios
I really like these books and the idea of living in a dystopian city, though i will be factionless I mean is too hard.
I like the moral each faction have, and how they divided to avoid war, Im very intrigued about whats outside the fence and the main reason to do all of it. I truly believe each faction is right about what produce a war; lies, selfish, ignorance, cowardice etc. I still dont trust in most of the leaders, they have always something to hide.

These books have made me think of a lot of
Katrina
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am actually becoming hooked to the series. The second book, the Insurgent, gives me a lot more excitement as deep, dark secrets were revealed. Though most of my friends despise Tris' recklessness in the book, I actually felt otherwise. She was indeed a character which has developed and I can see her Divergence better.

This book actually tells about the future world - a world divided into factions. Each faction believes in a certain trait which could prevent the war. An aptitude test is taken b
Haydee
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those like me who enjoyed the Hunger Games, this was a really great variation of the "distopian-the-world-is-almost-dead-but-a-young-teenage-girl-will-save-all" genre. Roth is a well paced writer and I am happy that I read the first two in one sitting. The concept was ingenious, and the plot twists were both well timed and surprising. The main character had serious flaws, which made her both frustrating and very identifiable.
Siobhan
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world is awash with these young adult dystopian trilogies and in many ways we have come to know what to expect.

The Divergent series, in my opinion, is one of the better trilogies in the category. It isn’t the best but it is better than some of the books it is sitting beside.

As a whole, if you’re a fan of dystopian worlds then the Divergent books will probably tickle your fancy.
Kate
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this! I was totally immersed within this whole world for a couple of days - had to buy the second before I had even finished reading the first! I loved it so much that I (embarrassingly) brought it on my kindle as well as having the book copy...
Thought the story was brilliant, and the writing better than many - personally rate this higher than the Hunger Games!
Renee
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I really enjoyed these books. As a few friends told me I think they were better than Hunger Games. I can't wait for the next one to come out. There are parts of the story that make you think, but you still want to know what happens next. Of course both books ended wanted you to immediately know what next. Now I have to wait.
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Great young adult series!! Divergent is one of my favorite books that I have ever read, the love story is great, the characters are complex and there a lot of twists in the story. You will not be bored reading this series!
Jenny Jo Weir
Great start to one of the best series ever. Really great concept and out of the box thinking. I loved the world she created and how easy it was to believe everything about it. Veronica is incredibly talented and there is a reason these books have been so successful.
18icalvo
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not get my eyes off the book!
Evey Morgan
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RELECTURA
Amber Barkdoll harrison

loved it! Not as "Hunger Games"ish as I had expected...really not any similarities other than the govt type problems and the age range of the characters. Loved both!!!
Linnja (Lynn)
divergent first read 11/2011
Anastasia
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insurgent 3rd time reading

“We're all right, you know,' he says quietly. 'You and me. Okay?' My chest aches, and I nod. 'Nothing else is all right.' His whisper tickles my cheek. 'But we are.”

“Tobias,” I say. But whatever I was about to say gets lost in my head, and I press my mouth to his, because I know that kissing him will distract me from everything.

He kisses me back. His hand starts on my cheek, and then brushes over my side, fitting to the bend in my waist, curving over my hip, slidin
Glasgowgal
Some exciting parts, but overall, a lot of crying and making bad decisions.
Savannah Graff
I loved this book mix.
Sydney Cameron
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books were incredible. That's honestly the best way to describe it, and even more, you don't realize how incredible they are until after you read them.

These books dissect the complexity of people and humanity, and the inner savagery everybody has buried inside themselves. You go through Tris's journey of seeing all different types of people and philosophies and her brutal discovery of what humans are capable of, both the good and the bad. These books really opened my eyes, because although
Suspense Magazine
Divergent & Insurgent (book 1 & 2 of the Divergent Trilogy
By Veronica Roth
In Veronica Roth’s dystopian trilogy novels, “Divergent” and “Insurgent,” factions are a life commitment and there isn’t a chatty sorting hat in sight as seen in Harry Potter’s Hogwarts.

Roth, by the age of 23, had bestsellers on her hands with “Divergent” and “Insurgent.” In 2012, she added a movie deal for her trilogy and is one of a new breed of authors—like “The Hunger Games,” Suzanne Collins—capturing the imagi
Gone Readin'
Reviewed by Lori D.

I’ll admit that I hadn’t even known about Veronica Roth’s Divergent series until seeing a movie trailer for the upcoming film based on the first of the books, Divergent. Being young adult fiction, all three books make for an easy read, and are fast-paced, dystopian thrillers that will keep you turning pages. Just be prepared for a few awkward love stories, inconsistent personalities, and stereotypes that make you cringe.

In Chicago in the future, people are divided into five fa
Lauren
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OVERALL: ~4.8 stars

Divergent (Divergent #1) - 5 stars

Evil seeps into the best intentions as Tris finds out when she turns sixteen. She has to choose which faction she wants to be a part of but will that choice really matter that much in the end as war is on the horizon.

I was a little worried that I wouldn't like this book as much as I wanted to because I have been listening to all the hype about it for just about forever. Not to worry though I LOVED this book!!! Even though it tended to start ou
Gopal
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What if one person had control over everyone using simulations that are like mind games to make them do whatever you ask. In the second book of the Divergent series, Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Beatris Prior, or Tris for short, has to find a way to stop that person, named Jeanine, from controlling everyone. Jeanine can use simulations to control everyone’s brain except the Divergent who are immune. Tris is one of those Divergent and she tries to use that power along with her Divergent boyfriend ...more
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, 2013

Loved it! I love the world that Veronica Roth has created in this novel. It is a world divided into factions based on "personality" preferences. She describes each faction and what that specific factions duties are. There are 5 factions: Abnegation-who deny themselves in the service of others, Amity-the agrarian pacifists and peace lovers, Candor-who prize truth even if it hurts above all else, Dauntless-the brave fighters and warriers for justice, and Erudite-who prize intellectual learning pur
Young Adult Book ...: Divergent Series 70 459 Mar 10, 2015 02:12PM
Who's your favourite character? 3 9 Mar 27, 2014 09:57PM
divergent/insurgent 2 5 Aug 15, 2013 05:07PM
The Filipino Group: This topic has been closed to new comments. [Books, Books, Books] Who has read Divergent and Insurgent? 17 142 Jul 05, 2013 02:24PM
Fan club!!!: Divergent series! 14 6 May 06, 2013 02:00PM
The Filipino Group: Divergent book set giveaway! :) 8 216 May 06, 2013 08:53AM
divergent and series 1 3 Oct 12, 2012 03:16PM
  • City of Bones / City of Ashes / City of Glass / City of Fallen Angels / City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #1-5)
  • The Last of Us: American Dreams #2
  • Shiver Trilogy Boxset (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1-3)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-5)
  • The Beautiful Creatures Complete Collection (Caster Chronicles, #1-4)
  • Uglies, The Collector's Set (Uglies, #1-4)
  • The Complete Hush, Hush Saga: Hush, Hush; Crescendo; Silence; Finale
  • Maximum Ride Five-Book Set
  • The Iron Fey Boxed Set: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight
  • Ghosts of the Titanic
  • Jane Eyre
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Angel, Hollower (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #18/ Angel Comic #1 Buffy Season 3/ Angel Season 1)
  • Twilight Saga Special Edition Collection (Twilight, #2-4.5 +3.5)
  • Inheritance Cycle 4-Book Hard Cover Boxed Set (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance) (The Inheritance Cycle)
  • Albatross
  • Free Four: The Full Story
  • Lengsel (Sagaen om Isfolket, #4)
  • Manga Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet
Veronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of ...more
More about Veronica Roth...

Divergent (3 books)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)