Start by marking “The Cop” as Want to Read:
The Cop

The Cop

(Tall, Dark and Dangerously Hot #2)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Off-duty detective Nik Angelis is the first on the sceneat a wedding gone very, very wrong. The only witness isthe caterer, a fiery redhead named J. C. Riley, who's eagerto make her statement. So eager, in fact, Nik can't helpthinking of other things she could do with her mouth...Sassy, smart-mouthed J.C. is in seriousdanger, and she knows it. She needsNik's protection. Bu ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Blaze, 238 pages
Published June 26th 2007 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Cop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cop

ElaineY
I made the mistake of reading The Defender (Theo's story) halfway before I realized it was part of a trilogy and Nik's book is the second ...and I don't even have The P.I. - the first book!

Wow. Nik is one hot cop. It's a pity this Cara Summers' Blaze trilogy features mediocre sex scenes because if any hero deserved hotter pages, Nik does. The sexual tension starts early and as soon as Nik lays eyes on J C Riley. I liked that JC is comfortable with her attraction to Nik despite the fact that thei
Angela
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lovely series! This second book, The Cop (Tall, Dark...and Dangerously Hot!) in my humble opinion didn't have quite the sizzle as The P.I. And alot of this story was a review of the first book. I think I would have liked this story better if it didn't take place at the same time as the first story. I guess The Defender (Tall, Dark...and Dangerously Hot!) will probably be the same time frame also, but I'm still anxious to start it! The Angelis boys ROCK!!!
Susan
Jul 26, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2007
This is the second in a trilogy about three brothers of Greek heritage. I did not realize it was a trilogy when I bought it, otherwise I would have started with book one The P.I..

With that said, you could easily follow the story, although it did seem a bit rushed to me in parts. The sex was hot (as if I would read a romance without that!), as the lead characters Nik Angelis and Jude Catherine (J.C. for short) Riley worked together to solve the mystery of who was trying to kill J.C. while at the
Rebekah
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Full review to come.
I am so back logged on reviews, but lately I have just wanted to read, read, read and not be bothered with reviewing. So, I imagine I will get back to it eventually, But for now I’m going to read another book instead.

Mem
B336 Jul07 Lots going on, with twists and turns, so glad I read "The P.I." 1st in the series Tall, Dark and Dangerously Hot series. Detective Nic Angelis is first on the scene of a wedding gone wrong. Man killed, priest shot, wedding party missing, man out cold from a fall from a balcony, and the caterer the only witness, J.C. Riley. She can id the man, "Snake Eyes" who shot the priest. Nic's boss assigns him as bodyguard to protect C.J.
Carole
May 31, 2011 rated it liked it
I liked it just fine. It obviously wasn't great literature, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I left it for my mom to read when we left her house at Christmas. She just finished it and I have to be completely amused at her take on it. She says "It was like reading a screen saver."
Samantha
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
omg, i looooved this book!! I was so consumed by the plot, that i went straight on to the second book, The P.I., and then on to the third, The Defender. all three were amazing and i loved the ending ^^
Sonotjade
Jun 04, 2013
Maureen
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2009
Aug 24, 2011
Louise
Feb 22, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Kiss and Dwell (Harlequin Blaze #325)
  • Relentless (In Too Deep #2)
  • Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #321)
  • The Maverick
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After)
  • Sex By The Numbers (Harlequin Blaze, #403)
  • Shadow Hawk
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Crossing The Line (Perfect Anatomy, #1)
  • Below the Belt
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Restless (Indecent Proposals #2)
  • Underneath It All (Harlequin Blaze #344)(Million Dollar Secrets)
  • Flyboy
Carolyn Fulgenzi was born on 28 July 1940 in Detroit, Michigan, USA, daughter of Janet (McLaughlin) and Andrew Fulgenzi. She graduated from Dominican High School in Detroit and completed her undergraduate education at Catholic University of America in Washington, DC. She continued her studies attending Syracuse University receiving her Master’s in English Education. After retiring as a teacher wit ...more

Tall, Dark and Dangerously Hot (3 books)
  • The P.I.