Start by marking “Taken by Storm (Romantic Realms Collection, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taken by Storm (Romantic Realms Collection, #1)

Taken by Storm

(Romantic Realms Collection #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  38 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Born from the fire of a palace coup, the relationship between the king of Avistad’s son Prince Tahj and the captive girl Bashea burns with a passion that neither of them quite understands. The pair is drawn closer together as they face enemy soldiers, a screaming panther, even the scathing winds of a desert storm.

After what she has been through, Bashea is afraid to trust
ebook
Published October 15th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Taken by Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by Storm

really liked it 4.00  ·

Shalini Ayre
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
With rumors abound of Lord Boltar's plans to overthrow the King of Avistad, the King's son Prince Tahj returns from his travels to hear of the possible coup and to discover a 'gift' from the evil Lord. Bound and gagged on his bedroom floor is Bashea. Kidnapped from the mountains of Tamook she was subjected to brutal attacks and is now deemed a worthy prize for royalty.

As Prince Tahj tries to untie as well as reassure her, fighting breaks out in the palace. In the frenzied moments that follow, th
Franjessca
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

M.J. Schiller's debut novel opens up with Bashea's character being kidnapped and having to face the worst kind of punishment that a woman ever has to endure. Her family does not even know she is gone and she is not sure why she is being kidnapped and where she's being taken.
Prince Tahj is dealing with his own problems. His father who is not himself is ill in bed and Tahj is forced to take care of stuff he does not really want to be apart of. His older broth
Erin Richards
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
TAKEN BY STORM is categorized as paranormal, however, it’s really a historical novel set in a fictional land and time period (aka historical fantasy). But that certainly doesn’t detract from the beauty of the story. Ms. Schiller creates a wonderful landscape and rich characterization that mimics an Arabian world and a history that feels as authentic as if I had been there with Tahj and Bashea.

The story starts with political upheaval that destroys life as Prince Tahj knows it, and sheep-herder’s
R.T. Wolfe
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I completely enjoyed M.J. Schiller’s debut novel, Taken by Storm. Written with beautifully sculpted detail, I was submersed in the seas of wind and sand. Tahj is completely lovable with his innocence and struggles between his destiny and his will. Bashea’s amazing determination and focus don’t deter Tahj from doing what’s right or with winning her heart. This romantic mix of social classes mixed with non-stop adventure was just the right mix.

A delightful desert getaway with romantic twists that
Leta Gail Doerr
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"Taken by Storm is a delightfully exciting debut from a talented writer. MJ Schiller tells a great story, filled with murder, lust, and royal family relationship saga that makes this read a must-have. Readers will remember her characters and yearn for their good fortune."
Leta Gail Doerr, author of The Prince at the Corner Bakery and For the Love of Big Orange
WiLoveBooks
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really could not put this book down. I was intrigued by the characters and the setting. We have the tough, feisty heroine and the sweet, honorable hero in a dangerous desert world with the palace and royalty on one end of the spectrum and sheepherding nomads on the other. Although the story wasn't completely unpredictable, I enjoyed watching it unfold. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves to get caught up in another world and likes their romance sweet and behind closed doors.
Jo
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I love the book very good book could not put it down to i finished the book very good book
Amy
Dec 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
When asked to read and review, I always warn that I'm going to tell it like it is, good or bad.

TAKEN BY STORM by M.J. Schiller had great promise, from its intriguing and exciting blurb to its beautiful cover but it just wasn't what I expected or what I was led to expect. I began reading this story and was immediately struck by the fact that, having been marketed as a paranormal, it in no way tells me what setting or what time the story takes place. Is this a foreign world or the Middle East in
Farrah
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

A different romance, but lovely all the same! I really enjoyed this unique romance.

I loved seeing Middle Eastern culture represented in romance. We see a lot of European and Old West, but the Middle East is largely ignored in the realm of romance, so it was nice seeing someone take on the culture. And it was definitely a success.

Bashea was such a strong character. She went through so many terrible things, but she stil
Romancing the Book
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Reviewed by Nadene R.
Book provided by the author for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This is the second book I have read by M. J. Schiller and it lived up to my expectations. Ms. Schiller pulled me in from the very first page and she was able to hold my attention to the very end. While reading Taken by Storm I was transported to a fantasy time period and was caught up in a story of adventure, action, suspense and romance.

The characters were well developed. Tahj was the crown
Gaele
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva, reviewed
With a striking and beautifully detailed world, the author has created a story that engages and entices the reader with romance, luxe details, sand, storms and a mystery as you travel this never-easy path of the book. With a feel of place similar to Lawrence of Arabia, Tahj and Bashea fight against their captors and enemies, cultural norms and their feelings for one another as their destinies are revealed and ultimately intertwined.

With beautifully described worlds, well defined characters and
Eryn LaPlant
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love stories, especially romances with feisty women and Bashea definitely is one. We are introduced to her as a victim, but soon find she is a vastly capable woman who just so happens to be in the wrong place. Tahj is her daring and dashing hero along with Radeem, his right hand man who is full of humor and charm. Together the trio make it through a treacherous desert world full of enemy attacks and murderous villains. I loved the unconventional story and found myself swept away by it's breath ...more
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
Not my kind of regular read, but it is a nice story line with lovely characters. The sheep-herder’s daughter Bashea suffers an unimaginable fate, thats horrible, while at Prince Tahj’s family castle,she meets the prince who helps her to escape and return to her family. During this time, they start to have an attraction towards one another. The prince must avenge his family, and return to do this, but his mind is always on Basheas safety and being together.; for this they must fight. This book is ...more
LuvReading
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good...

the story and the characters are lovable and sweet...funny...fun and lastly romantic. the setting is something different for me and love it...first time reading this author and will be reading be more from this author.
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
This is my second encounter with Ms. Schiller's work and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed this story that for me had quite a unique twist. For my full review please visit this page
Rowena May O'Sullivan
Really enjoyed this book by MJ Schiller. An action adventure with a feisty heroine who has to overcome a terrifying abduction and the trauma of it before she can learn to trust the hero in this story. I really enjoyed the journey.
Lisacldmom2ksd
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i think this is a great action adventure romance for all those who want to live back in time of pharaohs and when pyramids were just starting to be built and princes were a plenty
V.B. Winkler
Jan 13, 2013
James Shakespeare
Jun 18, 2016
M.J. Schiller
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Monika Matel-Sousa
Ririn
Jun 20, 2015
Constance
Jul 01, 2013
I was born in Overland Park, KS, in the heart of Tornado Alley, and my life has been a bit twisted since. Actually, it’s not all that twisted, but I’ve always wanted to use that line. I grew up in St. Louis, MO, went to school at the University of Missouri-Columbia, and moved to Bloomington, IL, fresh out of college, after my husband got a job at State Farm’s corporate headquarters. I’ve worked as ...more

Romantic Realms Collection (5 books)
  • An Uncommon Love (Romantic Realms Collection, #2)
  • Leap Into The Knight (Romantic Realms Collection, #3 ~ Romantic Knights Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady of the Knight (Romantic Knights Trilogy #2)
  • A KNIGHT TO REMEMBER (ROMANTIC KNIGHTS TRILOGY #3)