Start by marking “In the Blink of an Eye” as Want to Read:
In the Blink of an Eye

In the Blink of an Eye (Lily Dale Mystery 0)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  597 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Welcome to Lily Dale, New York . . . a sleepy summer resort, home to a population of psychics, and the place where Julia Garrity and Kristin Shuttleworth formed a fast friendship broken only by death.

Ten Summer Street is no ordinary house. It was there, fifteen years ago, that Kristin saw something on a Halloween night that would haunt her until the end of her days. Since
Published February 19th 2013 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about In the Blink of an Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Blink of an Eye

Jun 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the Blink of an Eye" gives you a double whammy. The book's heroine, Julia, is anything but a helpless, dimwitted female who goes for solo walks with a killer about, or some other such nonsense that you find in some books. Julia is a strong willed, intelligent, capable single woman. "Eye" also delves into the supernatural, which makes for some fascinating reading from Ms. Corsi-Staub. Maybe the ending seems a bit too pat, but the journey itself is so enjoyable, with twists and turns, that you ...more
Naomi Blackburn
Oct 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It got me from the first page and kept me entertained to the last page...definitely an author I will continue to seek out.
Nicole
Jun 06, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very little paranormal activity. Way too many characters and most of them were one dimensional and really not relevant to the story at all. The author seemed to be stressing and over stressing the point that she was familiar with the area because every time she mentioned a store or restaurant, she would have to name the town by it's name. It is fine to do it once to create the setting, but to repeat it 40 times throughout the book or 5 or six times on one page is a little overkill! YES, we get ...more
Donna
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I think part of it is because of it's setting, Lily Dale. It's home to many mediums, and it's next to Cassadaga. We lived in a small town in Florida called Lake Helen, which shared a police and fire department with it's next door neighbor, Cassadaga. The great majority of the people living in Cassadaga, Florida are mediums, originally from Lily Dale. During the winter mediums from there come down to Cassadaga for the warmer weather.
Cynthia
May 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I have read by Wendy Corsi Staub but it will not be the last. The story takes place in Lily Dale, New York, this is a real place that is mostly inhabitated by spiritualists. The story deals with physics and ghosts. This is a suspense story but I definitely did not find it to be a scary story. I had a hard time putting the book down.
Ann
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story. Maybe because I've made several visits to lilydale, ny. This started out as a ghost story and ended up as a murder mystery. I think the characters could have been a little stronger, more developed. The story line was a good one. The ending was pretty abrupt , and could have been a little more emotional. A good beach read
Barbara Kramer
May 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a frequent visitor to Lily Dale, NY, I really enjoyed this book. You get the true flavor of this unique and compelling community through Wendy Staub's writing. There is something special about Lily Dale.
Colette
Nov 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I have marked this book as read, but I quit about 1/3 of the way through as I wasn't enjoying it and I have far to many books to read to force myself to finish this one. It is about psychics and "dark secrets" and something "lurking" in a big old mansion.
Kristen
Sep 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! She's a great writer!
Autumn
I've yet to find a book written by Wendi Corsi Staub that I dont instantly love. I love the way she writes her characters back story and this book was filled with memorable characters.
Carina
Jun 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes suspense
Recommended to Carina by: my mom
it was a very gook book. I think Wendy Corsi Staub is a really good author.
Kristen
This is a very deep book from Wendy Corsi Staub that deals with psychics and with ghosts with an unsolved mystery. My heartstrings were tugged!
Shannon Powell
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME book! Keeps you on your toes! Great Who-done-it!
Kim
If I wasn't involved in a fierce book reading challenge this year I probably would have stopped reading this.

The mystery was easily understandable, to the point I was frustrated that characters didn't understand it. The veins of the plot did not impact each other in a significant way, and it got confusing to tell the one dimensional characters apart.

I'm used to an author drone on about setting, but for some reason it grew tiring to have the setting continually explained because of the blind chil
Marge
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I missed this book somehow and read books 1-4. I just now found out about it & purchased it from Amazon immediately. It was a fantastic storyline, although I did think that there seemed to be too many characters. I guess a few of them were "red herrings". Sets up the rest of the series nicely.
Pam
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great mystery! It kept me guessing until the very end!
Robert
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Gripping Supernatural Tale with a Haunting Twist

A great take-a-long for the business traveler or beach goer looking for a fast, enjoyable read with a unique protagonist and setting.

It’s a ghost story embedded in a mystery. Think “Stir of Echoes” meets “Lily Dale”.

Staub’s strengths are character development, dialog and pacing – or, everything that makes a best-selling author. You don’t quite know where you’re being taken with “In the Blink of an Eye”, but you’re happy you went along for the r
Alice
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ghost suspense/mystery set in Lilydale, a spiritualist community filled with mediums. Many characters and shifting points of view, but found it easy to know who they are. The characters are well defined, believable and quite sympathetic. Especially memorable is the little blind girl, Dulcie, who can hear and sense things that others can't. After reading a review on Amazon, I realized this is a reprint from a book originally published in 2002, but it didn't feel dated at all. Highly recomme ...more
Dawn
Oct 26, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good suspense novel.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of Wendy Corsi Staub's books.
This is probably my least favorite of Staub's books. All in all it was a good suspense story, but it took me a lot longer to read than her books usually do. I just had a hard time getting into the storyline. This author usually never disappoints me, so I'll give her this one dud. I was on a Staub kick and read 6 of her books in a row. Maybe if I would have spread them out, this story would have stood out a little more. She is one of my favorite suspense authors.
Jessica Erekson
Jun 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: Julee Lamb
It was interesting to read a book written from a medium's point of view. I'm not necessarily a believer in it, but I'm not completely condoning it either. I also liked that although it's a murder book, it's not scary. I was also really glad the author added her note at the end, describing what was real.
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

The town of LIly Dale, NY HAS always intrigued me so when I noticed the setting of In the Blink of an Eye I was immediately interested. Wendy Corsi Staub sets a perfect scene and keeps the reader guessing in this paranormal thriller. The characters are all well defined and real and the setting is beautifully described. I would, and have, recommend this book.
Victoria LaRosa
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Couldn't Put it Down!

Loved this book! I found it hard to put down. I loved the characters and the story. I love this author! My reading preference tends to lean towards romance novels but I read everything Wendy writes. I've read the entire Lily Dale Mysteries series and several other books written by Wendy Corsi Staub and Wendy Markham (same author).
Apr 30, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, seeing as how I lost this book before I got halfway through I probably shouldn't rate it but I will because what did manage to read was quite boring, although the plot of the story was excellent. Too bad, could have been a great one in the hands of a more skilled writer..
Hope Leblond
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books I couldn't put down. It was well written, good characterr development, and an interesting plot. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, it surprised me with its ending. If you are looking for a good suspense read, In the Blink of an Eye is a good choice.
Afsana
Oct 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and this was my first introduction into lily dale. I loved the paranormal aspects.

it was an easy read. the issue was couple of weeks or so after the read i remembered I liked it but not what it was about untill I read the blurb.

still worth a read
Ellen Stenzler
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An earlier Wendy Corsi Staub book, but I loved it just the same. It was a bit slow to get started...lots of characters to wrap my head around...but once it got going it was hard to put down. Ending was a bit predictable, but I liked how everything came together.
Katrin
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Had me fooled on who the killer was! Never thought it was Mr. Biddle. Liked the ending.
Cws
M Sta
Amanda
Oct 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a suspense book. It was pretty good. I enjoyed reading it.
Marley
Aug 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was much better than I expected. I'd give it 3.5 stars. The mystery kept me wondering but not in a stressful way. Easy read.
  • Tonight You're Mine
  • The Headmaster's Wife (Gregor Demarkian, #20)
  • Most Likely to Die
  • Mercy
  • Tempting Fate
  • Bloodline (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #2)
  • Their Promise
  • Forgotten
  • Dying for You (The Protectors, #30)
  • Deep Down
  • The Gatekeeper (Kelly Jones, #3)
  • Black Creek Burning (Black Creek, #1)
  • Cause for Alarm
  • Dead Giveaway (Stillwater, #2)
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...

Lily Dale Mystery (4 books)
  • Nine Lives (Lily Dale Mystery, #1  - Lily Dale, #5)
  • Something Buried, Something Blue (Lily Dale Mystery, #2) (Lily Dale, #6)
  • Dead of Winter (Lily Dale Mystery, #3 & Lily Dale, #7)