Start by marking “Your Brain on Sex: How Our Brains Influence Love, Sex, and Relationships” as Want to Read:
Your Brain on Sex: How Our Brains Influence Love, Sex, and Relationships

Your Brain on Sex: How Our Brains Influence Love, Sex, and Relationships

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A “fascinating” (Kirkus Reviews), lively, and hilarious examination of the big questions about love and sex from the perspective of the latest brain science. Philosophers, theologians, artists, and boy bands have waxed poetic about the nature of love for centuries. But what does the brain have to say about the way we carry our hearts? In the wake of a divorce, science writ ...more
Published March 26th 2013 by Free Press (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Your Brain on Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Brain on Sex

Tisha Havens
Sukel takes us along on her Quest for a scientific understanding of this confusing thing we humans call love.

The scientist-reader will not be disappointed by the in-depth research and discussions of various genes, chemicals, and specific parts of the brain, not to mention the cautious approach to conclusions, based on core scientific research principles.

The more casual armchair scientist, whose eyes may skip over the occasional technical paragraph, will still find delight in the author's humor
Henry Manampiring
I would like to give 3.5 star, but since no such option, I am giving it 4.

What I like about the book: it is very eye opening with the most recent findings from studies and experiments. You will be amazed by how much biology is behind such abstract concepts like love, fidelity, cheating. Another plus point is the author is truly behaving scientifically ethically, by being cautious in drawing conclusion, and honest that all the research still needs further studies. A true scientific approach.

What
Liz
I received a copy of this book through the first reads giveaway program.

This book does a nice job of breaking down the neuroscience behind sex and relationships so that the average person can understand it, To be honest I was expecting something less scientific but it provides a very nice overview of all of the biological aspects behind sex, love and monogamy.
Vikas Datta
A little too technical but quite illuminating nevertheless
Tai Tai
Tai Tai is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2015
Edvin
Edvin marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Angel's Roses
Angel's Roses marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Sarah Karinda
Sarah Karinda marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Mollie Katie
Mollie Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Kirby
Kirby marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Beebe
Beebe marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Cait
Cait marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Chungii
Chungii marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Clara Laksita
Clara Laksita marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Andrew Meintzer
Andrew Meintzer marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Annasta Pradya
Annasta Pradya marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Stephanie Frista Natalia
Stephanie Frista Natalia marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Derek
Derek marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
  • The MANifesting® Workbook
  • A Personal Message From God
  • The Soulmate Experience: A Practical Guide to Creating Extraordinary Relationships
  • Smart Kids with Learning Difficulties: Overcoming Obstacles and Realizing Potential
  • Haldol and Hyacinths: A Bipolar Life
  • Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder: Relieve Your Suffering Using the Core Skill of Dialectical Behavior Therapy
  • The Civil War in 50 Objects
  • My Greek Drama: Life, Love, and One Woman's Olympic Effort to Bring Glory to Her Country
  • Thinking Wild, Its Gifts of Insight: A Way to Make Peace with My Shadow
  • 8 Keys to Stress Management
  • Happier Endings: A Meditation On Life And Death
  • Help for Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity
  • Chris Will... The Story of a Boy and Autism Unawareness
  • The Infinite Resource: The Power of Ideas on a Finite Planet
  • Contagious Optimism: Uplifting Stories and Motivational Advice for  Positive Forward Thinking
  • How to Find God's Will
  • Mere Catholicism
  • Healing Your Aloneness: Finding Love and Wholeness Through Your Inner Child
5219924
A passionate traveler and science writer, Kayt Sukel has no problem tackling interesting (and often taboo) subjects spanning love, sex, neuroscience, travel, technology, and politics. Her work has appeared in the Atlantic Monthly, the New Scientist, USA Today, Pacific Standard, the Washington Post, ISLANDS, Parenting, the Bark, American Baby, National Geographic Traveler, and the AARP Bulletin. Sh ...more
More about Kayt Sukel...
Dirty Minds: How Our Brains Influence Love, Sex, and Relationships The Art of Risk: The New Science of Courage, Caution, and Chance