Start by marking “The Little Stormdancer (The Lotus Wars, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Little Stormdancer (The Lotus Wars, #1.5)

The Little Stormdancer

(The Lotus Wars #1.5)

In a faraway land, full of noise and smoke, all the animals have gone away. Can a little girl with special powers and special friends bring them back?
Published 2012 by Jay Kristoff

To ask other readers questions about The Little Stormdancer, please sign up.
Kami I don't think you can. I heard it was a limited edition giveaway at the launch event.
You can listen to it here:
…more
You can listen to it here:

Start your review of The Little Stormdancer (The Lotus Wars, #1.5)
Kaitlin
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I watched someone else reading out this book because it was a limited edition giveaway at the launch event. You can find it read out on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m2...

This is a very simple children's book which is a companion for the Stormdancer book. It takes the same story and drastically simplifieds it down into a short, beautifully illustrated story. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting the first story and seeing the super cute visuals. The art has a kind of
Braiden
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This picture book is soooooooooooooooo adorkable in every way.
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
See this review and more on The Moonlight Library!

Without spoiling Stormdancer, Jay Kristoff’s companion children’s book The Little Stormdancer delivers the charming tale of Yukiko and her companion griffon (‘thunder tiger’) Buruu in a condensed, simplified version, weaving the familiar themes of environmental protection and animal welfare also found in the full-length novel.

The repeated motifs, clear positive messages, and adorable illustrations ensure that this will be a picture book
Meghan
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well if that wasn't the cutest thing I have ever seen, I don't know what is!!
Brian
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kids of any age
Recommended to Brian by: Jay Kristoff
As Jay said recently of this book (and if I recall correctly from a booze-fuelled book launch), this was written for his editor's newborn. As such it is a much simplified version of Stormdancer that is perfect for young children. Indeed, my 5year old son loved the story when I read it to him.

This book, complete with illustrations by Jay himself, demonstrates the flexibility of Jay's writing ability; from the painstakingly soaring descriptions of Stormdancer, to the 'cute' child-focused style of
Michelle
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kids, Fans of Stormdancer
This book is too adorable! It was too cute to shelve with the rest of my books so I put it on display at the top of my bookshelf.

Whether you've read Stormdancer or not, this is a great read. This is definitely one of the books I will save for my future child. It doesn't spoil anything for Stormdancer so it's up to you if you want to read this before or after. Plus I also love how much it connects to our world. We're having a problem with industrialization just like in the book and I want to be
shanghao
Sep 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I watched this via sapphiregirl1487 too as the actual book's not available (yet?) in my country.

Having read the original Stormdancer, I like this one so much more, based on the cute visuals and simple, happy storytelling vibes. Should be a delight for little children; and for everyone who loves cute cartoon graphics with a 'modern' fairytale sending home the message of environmental awareness, no less. How cool is that?
Janine Bolaños
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, kids-books
I read this via SapphireGirl from YouTube and it's so adorable. :3 This is the closest thing to Stormdancer I can read for now 'cause my pre-ordered copy isn't here yet.

5 stars!
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Thanks so much Jay, for sending me this! I love it! :D
Adam Heine
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the art in this book. My kids especially like the part where Kukiko meets the griffin and freaks out.
Merary
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: OMG!! YES!
I actually didn't buy it or anything. I tried to do it, but i couldn't find it.

I'm so depressed!!

And then, I found this:

This girl had this book and did a read-along to her viewers. Thank you so much, Christina Franke! You just gained a new subscriber and an eternally gratefulness from me!!

I hope this counts as reading it . . .

Moving on . . .

The Little Stormdancer is a MEGA-CUTE version of Stormdancer. Kind of the same story, but made especially for
Tez
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
So cute! :-) I just love the artwork, and the story's pretty cute, too. Love how things are so simple in kids' books - "Want to be friends?" "Yes!" Aw ;-)

Having not yet read the full-length novel STORMDANCER, I don't know if this book contains spoilers for it. Yukliko and Buruu destroy all the smelly, noisy machines in the end. Let me know if that happens in the big book.
Misbah
Shelves: favorites
This is a very cute children's book. I didn't read it, I listened to it. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m2.... It's only about 2 and a half minutes long.
Go listen to it. How can you not? It's Jay Kristoff.
Jasmine
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I DIED. THE CUTENESS KILLED ME.

If you want to read this book, please click on the link below. There you will find a YouTube clip of someone reading the book to you. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
Ari
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't read the book, but I did watch this video. Thanks to Christina Franke!

I thought the illustrations were cute. If I had children, or nieces/ nephews, I would definitely read it to them.
Nobonita - The Bengali Nomad
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very cute drawings :D
Lisa
This is the cutest thing ever. Seriously. CUTEST. DARN. THANG. EVER

Plus the pictures in this book are absolutely gorgeous.

Well done Kristoff.

Well done.
I watched the video of this being read on youtube. It was adorable and I want it.
Katie
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
So cute!
Melissa Jacobson
Well this was beyond adorable. I would sell my soul for a copy of this. If anyone has a copy of this, I will sell my house to buy it form you.
Rayne
Okay, so technically, I didn't 'read' this book in the traditional sense of the word, but this being a self-published, limited edition picture book given to a handful of bloggers, well, I didn't have much of a choice. Still, this blogger recorded herself reading aloud the book and showing the pictures, so dammit, that counts for me.

If you want to see the video this blogger so kindly recorded for the rest of us unlucky plebeians, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m2...

So this book
Debby
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella-or-bonus
A kind book blogger has filmed herself reading the book and put it on YouTube here. I love it! The illustrations are totally adorable, and it does make for a very nice children's story. I can only hope that this does get published some day, because I would love to hold it in my hands.
Joti
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
SO ADORABLE!!!! I watched it on Youtube - THANK GOD SOMEONE PUT IT UP - 'The Little Sormdancer' And OMFG THE PICTURES WERE ADORABLE!!! It was so cute!!! I can't wait to read Kinslayer, the 2nd book in the series - It's gonna be EPIC!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!

Here's the link;
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I don't usually read children's books but I've just watched the video of sapphiregirl reading this one on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m2...) and OMG it is adorable!

What a fun way to introduce your children to Yukiko and Buruu! Now someone please tell me where I can buy a copy because I can't find it anywhere!
Spoon
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I actually watched this being read by Christina Franke on Youtube here: https://youtu.be/LTU0m2Q8oc4

So cute!
Julianna Helms
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I saw this via that awesome lady's Youtube video. Thank gods for her, seriously. This was really cute. Simple, straightforward, and the graphics were stunning. :)
Jamie
I did not read this per se. It's nearly impossible to find, but you can have it read to you via this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m...
G. LPC
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just enough delightful mixed with mystery and intrigue to make you want to sell your left...elbow to get yourself a copy. Too bad. Go cry. It's awesome, and your life is not complete without it.

• How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • Are You Listening?
  • Hostile Territory
  • Beyond the Shadowed Earth
  • Friends With Boys
  • Skyward, Vol. 1: My Low-G Life
  • Beneath the Twisted Trees (The Song of the Shattered Sands, #4)
  • The Right Wrong Man: John Demjanjuk and the Last Great Nazi War Crimes Trial
  • The Cold Eye (The Devil's West, #2)
  • Foreign Devils (The Incorruptibles, #2)
  • Every Other Weekend
  • The Ember Blade (The Darkwater Legacy #1)
  • Count All Her Bones (Girl, Stolen, #2)
  • The Deep
  • La realtà non è come ci appare: La struttura elementare delle cose
  • The Wolves of Winter
  • Silver on the Road (The Devil's West, #1)
  • The Incorruptibles (The Incorruptibles, #1)
Jay Kristoff is the #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of THE NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, THE ILLUMINAE FILES and THE LOTUS WAR. He is the winner of six Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has ...more

The Lotus Wars (3 books)
  • Stormdancer (The Lotus Wars, #1)
  • Kinslayer (The Lotus Wars, #2)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus Wars, #3)