Start by marking “The Cosmic View of Albert Einstein: Writings on Art, Science, and Peace” as Want to Read:
The Cosmic View of Albert Einstein: Writings on Art, Science, and Peace

The Cosmic View of Albert Einstein: Writings on Art, Science, and Peace

Where does humanity fit in the cosmos? Albert Einstein, one of history's towering scientific geniuses, explores this fascinating subject in a unique anthology-featuring some of his most inspirational writings-illustrated with mind-bending photographs of the universe. Einstein's deep intuitive insight into the workings of nature couple with his probing, philosophical mind. ...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Sterling Ethos (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Cosmic View of Albert Einstein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cosmic View of Albert Einstein

Start your review of The Cosmic View of Albert Einstein: Writings on Art, Science, and Peace
Caity
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
It was interesting to read about one of the most famous scientist’s thoughts on our place in the universe. There were glimpses into Einstein’s ethical and philosophical views on the universe, in his own words.
I enjoyed how the novel was richly illustrated with snapshots of intriguing and beautiful parts of our cosmos.
I felt the book was a little slow, heavy and difficult to read though.
Leah
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A joy to possess…

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.”

This is a beautifully produced little book in which the editors have collected some of Einstein’s thoughts and writings on a diverse range of subjects and put them together with some wonderfully awe-inspiring pictures of the Universe he did so much to explain. But fear not, fellow scientific innocents – there is
CuriousBookReviewer
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-reads
Curiosity level: There's this mystical curiosity about it...

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence." - Albert Einstein

This is really an inspirational photobook filled with meaningful bits of essays, quotes and writings by Albert Einstein. It's got beautiful pictures of the galaxies, nebulas and stars

Take a peek not only into his mathematical mind, but Einstein's passionate heart for humanity, peace, imagination, religion, and the effect of
Lizzie
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon this flirtatious little gem peeking out behind a drab hardcover at Half Priced Books. It winked at me. I'm a sucker for design — the cover is eye-catching and composed beautifully. After flipping through a few pages, I tucked it under my arm and made my way to the checkout: "You're comin' with me."

This book is a curation of art and was a tactile joy to flip page after page — the matte treatment to the full-page and full-spread photos is beautiful and provides exactly the inspira
Jeffrey  Sylvester
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
“The cosmic view of Albert Einstein: Writing on art, science and peace” by Walt Martin and Magda Ott is mediocre at best.

The book is comprised of various dribs and drabs of Einstein’s thoughts on various topics suggesting he believed in a natural religion as opposed to one based on anthropomorphic revelation.
There are numerous illustrations of the cosmos throughout which I found quite lame given the rough and dull texture of the paper. This book was designed largely for an audience that doesn’
James Easterson
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Einstein is one of my heroes. He closely matched my theological, philosophical, and sense of religious take on life. His views on what God is and isn’t and his take on what true religiosity is especially! A truly exceptional person without a doubt.
Kristen
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very neat book filled with beautiful pictures of the universe. Only detraction was the propaganda in the afterward by International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War. Still very much worth the read though.
Daniel
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful. Life is sacred, that is to say, it is the supreme value, to which all other values are subordinate.
Gabriel Iqbal
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bending Space and Time
Amber
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this in english.
guess
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have very short attention span, so this is really useful for me since it is an easy read and not just a whole chunk of words. However, others may find it "lame" or not "content-heavy".
Chatte Nocturne
Feb 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Physics of the Impossible
  • The Forty Rules of Love
  • The McKinsey Edge: Success Principles from the World's Most Powerful Consulting Firm
  • Abu Ya'qub Al-Sijistani: Intellectual Missionary
  • Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
  • The Fatimids and Their Traditions of Learning
  • Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
  • Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
  • The Allure of Fungi
  • The Lion's Game (John Corey, #2)
  • Rogue Lawyer (Rogue Lawyer, #1)
  • Radiant Angel (John Corey, #7)
  • The Black Widow (Gabriel Allon, #16)
  • Night Fall (John Corey, #3)
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls
  • Cinco esquinas
  • The Charm School
  • Les Contemplations
In 1879, Albert Einstein was born in Ulm, Germany. He completed his Ph.D. at the University of Zurich by 1909. His 1905 paper explaining the photoelectric effect, the basis of electronics, earned him the Nobel Prize in 1921. His first paper on Special Relativity Theory, also published in 1905, changed the world. After the rise of the Nazi party, Einstein made Princeton his permanent home, becoming ...more

News & Interviews