Start by marking “Digital State: How the Internet is Changing Everything” as Want to Read:
Digital State: How the Internet is Changing Everything

Digital State: How the Internet is Changing Everything

Simon Pont and his panel of experts examine and assess the digital impact on our world and consider its future implications. From new realities to transparency, the digital world is open source, instant access and with no more secrets. Digital State explores what this means for consumers and how they interact with businesses and the world around them. It also explores how
Published June 28th 2013 by Kogan Page (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Digital State, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digital State

Nurliyana
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Picked this up from the bookstore while keeping in mind that I am reading this to understand digital media and the works of it. Didn't really look into it much before taking it to the cashier.

This is a light digital marketing book describing digital state briefly from many points of view. I like the way it was written and the idea of this book. Although this book was written in 2013, the digital state keeps on expanding even now and the theories and ideas remain relevant.

Now, I do not come from
Tony
Sep 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
I need to get better at abandoning books like this more quickly. With a single author I can usually tell quite quickly that there's little point in continuing, but with collections like this I keep thinking that there must be someone coming up Real Soon Now with some insight, or something interesting to say.

Part of the problem, undoubtedly, is that I'm not the target audience. The book is very British attempt[1] not so much to join in the conversation about the impact of technology, but to re-re
Henk-Jan van der Klis
“The internet changes everything” could be an opening slide for a typical technology-driven consultancy presentation. How, when and where are the questions that motivated Simon Pont to interview and gather people from over various backgrounds. They share their opinions and commentaries in Digital State. What is the digital state? An always-on mentality? Ubiquitous computing? The internet of things? Big Brother from Orwell’s 1984? The follow-up of the current nations and states? In Digital State ...more
Patricia Lee
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is clever stuff. Insightful, intelligent, well-written, neatly edited. This is a collection of essays, from experts across advertising, marketing, legal, and finance. How has the Digital Revolution changed our view on the world, and changed how we now, and how we might behave in our world? It's one question, '"What is the digital state?", and many answers, wide-ranging and opinionated. For technophiles, social anthropologists, and WIRED readers, this is spot on. Highly recommended.
Erin
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work
An anthology by a number of advertisers and various other technology-users about what the "Digital State" is and how it affects us. It's an interesting read, but fairly light on the technical side of internet/connected discussion.
Laura Makar
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wanted to give this book to my sis if I won it and I did. Well written from what I seen. Shows the understanding of everything going on in the digital world. Good book. Love the way the front cover was done.
Tulin
Oct 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I received this in a Goodreads giveaway last week. I thought it was well written and an interesting read.
Sarah Caseberry
Kaitlin Inman
Elena Greer
Ron Frampton
Oct 04, 2013
Simon Pont is a writer, commentator and brand-builder. His agency career includes being part of Saatchi & Saatchi and Naked Communications, the pioneers of Communications Planning. Hollywood movie studios, Icelandic investment banks, British chocolate bars and Middle Eastern airlines figure amongst his time on the inside of Adland.

He is the author of 'The Better Mousetrap: Brand Invention in a
“Like a squash ball, locked inside an all-glass court, played in a never ending Sisyphean rally between two invisible and equally able opponents, that’s what the Digital State first felt like. A descriptor in search of a winning shot, to break the deadlock, to set it free.” 4 likes