Start by marking “Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)

Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  20,207 Ratings  ·  1,673 Reviews
Katarina Bishop and W W. Hale the Fifth were born to lead completely different lives: Kat comes from a long, proud line of lovable criminal masterminds, while Hale is the scion of one of the most seemingly perfect dynasties in the world. If their families have one thing in common, it's that they both know how to stay under the radar while getting -- or stealing -- whatever ...more
Published February 7th 2013 by Orchard (first published February 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Scoundrels, please sign up.

Ash (Oddball_Books) She said she was going to write a fourth book once her other series, Embassy Row, takes off. So we are getting another one at some point!

Melannie :)
June 16th, 12. Pre-reading the book:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG IT'S HALE!

IT'S A GIFT FROM GOD! <333333333333

February 9th, 13. AFTER reading the book:

I love the Heist Society series. I love that they're a thrill ride, I love its complexity and simplicity. It can do no wrong in my eyes.

However, much to my surprise (and dismay) Perfect Scoundrels ended up being my least favorite of the three. I can't really point out why, maybe because there wasn't a big heist in it or maybe because it was just so sad all
Kimberleigh
HOLY MUFFINS!! Since when is there a 3rd book and why didn't I know about it until now?!

UPDATE:
I finally read it! It was AH-MAZING (of course) but.... we still don't know what Hale's initials stand for!!!!! I was really hoping to find out in this one... ;_;
Elevetha
4.5 stars.

PRE-ORDERED!!!!

Hale. HALE. ON THE COVER.

There are no words to express what this book will do to me.

description

ONE MORE MONTH. 4 MORE WEEKS. 30 SOME ODD DAYS.

....
At 10:06, a truck pulled up to my house.
At 10:08, the doorbell rang.
At 10:08.26, the neighbors heard some screeching and wondered where it was coming from.
At 11:36, My sister and I grabbed our books and headed to the couch.
At 11:37, we smiled, high fived, and gleefully read the opening scene that we'd be asking for for years.
At 3:48, I
Sabrina
Apr 22, 2012 Sabrina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Sabrina was innocently surfing the Internet when she read there was going to be a 3rd installment to the Heist Society. Eager, Sabrina went on to Goodreads hoping to be given some information on what the book will be about. This was what she recieved:

....

Sabrina is not pleased. Not pleased at all.

AT LEAST GIVE ME THE TITLE!!!! Gah, I don't think I can wait till 2013 if only this information is given to me: Nothing.

Ally Carter, you are KILLING me! Not a single spoiler, nothing. Rats!

What
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Perfect Scoundrels was my Waiting on Wednesday pick just over a month ago, and no wonder; I’ve been looking forward to it for months. I loved Heist Society and I loved Uncommon Criminals (although maybe just a tiny bit less), but Perfect Scoundrels exceeded all my expectations. It was by far the best of the series, exciting and virtually unputdownable.
Finally (finally!) things moved forward between Kat and Hale, but just as Kat recovered from the panic attack their new girlfriend-boyfr
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
Wait, wait, hold the phone. I read Uncommon Criminals almost a year ago, so I'm shoddy on the details. But I don't remember Kat and Hale being an item. I remember only one bumbling practically-doesn't-count-kiss. What is this "boyfriend" stuff about?
Mitch
Feb 05, 2013 Mitch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dear Ally Carter super fan who used the old 'I need it for my summer reading assignment' excuse to buy the hardcover of Uncommon Criminals and then actually did your book report on Uncommon Criminals (you know who you are):

There are two ways I could do this review. I could claim I've always been an Ally Carter fan and proceed straight to the animated gif spam, but that would be a lie. Plus, as you know, that's not really my style; I'm far more comfortable expressing myself with the written word
Daiane
“If you don't want to be a victim, don't act like one.”

Well, I am surprised by my own rating. Maybe because I liked the others so much that I expected to know more about them with this book and I got disappointed.

We got to know more about Hale here but I believe that the way they acted in some situations made me upset. Although I loved to meet more of their family, specially Kat's.

The story was predictable and even though we had some great parts, I expected it to develop much more.
Plus the rom
Miriam
Jan 03, 2016 Miriam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging, witty, hilarious read. I completely enjoyed it!
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

Listen to my Heist Society fanmix in 8tracks and see the tracklist here.

I cannot believe I finished this trilogy in almost 3 days. I'm a little bit hesitant in calling it trilogy, because a friend of mine said there is a huge possibility for book four.

Nonetheless it was a great conclusion.
And honestly, why isn't there more kissing? Not that I'm complaining, just merely inquiring.
Keertana
Jun 22, 2012 Keertana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Obviously, Ally Carter and I need to have a chat. A long one. Preferably ending with her releasing her books all in the summer so I don't waste my day reading instead of studying for my tests or doing my physics homework, all which I have to do now at around 10 PM. Still, I have to admit, this was worth it.

Perfect Scoundrels is hands down the best HS novel so far and I hope they just continue to get better from her on out. Unlike the last two novels which focus solely on heists, Perfect Scoundr
Tabatha

I was so looking forward to this, and now after reading the synopsis-thingy --I do know the technical term.. I just can't remember it :L -- alli have to say is:

I feel like this book is going to make me sad at some point or another.. :/ Kat and Hale are insanely cute together and I swear if they split up I will not read another page --ok, we all know that won't happen.. I'll read it all anyways by still :/--

Anyways.. Can't wait to read this even though it may well break my heart.

*EDIT*
That cover
Sara (Freadom Library)
This was so good! But like, who the hell is Visily Romani??

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

Critically
Plot – 5 out of 5 stars
This is one of my favorite finales of all time. It was entertaining, action packed and intense. There were so many twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. It had the romance that I wanted, the friendships that I wanted, the family relationships that I wanted but most of all, it was emotional and it showed a side of the
Rachel Lightwood
Either I’m having problems with my memory (and let’s be real, I’m as forgetful as a hamster so that’s actually a plausible hypothesis) or the books I’ve been reading lately are just plain old forgettable. When I finished Perfect Scoundrels I was not unhappy with it. It was a solid read, and definitely my favourite of the series so far. But looking back I can honestly say that I barely remember it… and it’s only been a week or so since I picked it up. I’m not sure what it is that has made me dism ...more
Kaede
Since when was there a third book I knew nothing about? Ah, whatever. .__. GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: 6/26/12

YESSSS! A COVERR! And oh my fucking god, Kat better get with Hale in this book. If they don't, I'm going to be a very angry fan girl.

Jasprit
Jun 29, 2012 Jasprit rated it really liked it
Perfect Scoundrels in my opinion is the best from Ally Carter in the Heist Society series yet. I had my initial doubts when picking this up as Uncommon Criminals didn’t pack the punch that I’d expected; but Perfect Scoundrels was one heck of a thrilling ride and went onto show me why I fell in love with this series in the first place.

Kat Bishop is back, but this time the con she has to deal with is a lot closer to home, Hale’s grandma’s will is suggested to be a fake, all the evidence on the con
Sam
Feb 11, 2013 Sam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YA Books of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Perfect Scoundrels was just absolutely awesome! It was different from the previous Heist Society books and I think it changed for the better. I really enjoyed the other books too but this one is probably my favorite. It's more personal in my opinion. In the others Kat was usually working on a job to helps someone else but in PS she was doing a job to help Hale. It was also much dangerous than the other books because it was hard to trust anyone. I really enjoyed
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
4.5 out of 5 stars.

Guys, I read this in February, right after it came out, and it took me THIS LONG to write a review, because...Ally Carter. ALLY CARTER. I always find it incredibly hard to write reviews for her books, because they are so ridiculously well-done, and I can't critique them because there's almost nothing I would change.

Perfect Scoundrels is masterful plotting, crazy twists and turns, all with a really awesome premise, and characters you can't help but love. If you've read Heist S
Cecilia
Jun 04, 2012 Cecilia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Wow! That was amazing! The cons that were pulled off in this book were outstanding! I hope Ally Carter decides to write another one! This was my favorite one in the trilogy!!!
Prerana
Sep 10, 2014 Prerana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ally Carter is flawless. This book is perfection. That is literally all I have to say.
Alix
Judit
Jun 26, 2012 Judit marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Please, tell me there is who I think there is reflected in Kat's specs!
Sonia
Aug 31, 2012 Sonia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
"Her boyfriend's company"?

Her BOYFRIEND's company?

DID I MISS SOMETHING? o_O
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: Carter weaves yet another thrilling mystery with more than a few twists to keep you on your toes and begging for more. Plus there’s more insight on the history of the amazingly gorgeous (and rich) W.W. Hale.

Opening Sentence: Of all the people who knew about the big house in the middle of Wyndham Woods, very few had ever been inside.

The Review:

Kat and Hale’s relationship has been drifting past the border of friendship for some time, but in
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
My review, the shortened version:

I LOVED THIS BOOK! GO PICK IT UP!

My review, the full version:

I seriously love this series and loved what Ally did with Kat and Hale's storyline. I don't know what else to add to what I mentioned in my shortened review. I mean, I have plenty to say, but I can't talk in detail about the awesomeness of Kat & Hale, and Ally's writing without given sounding like a rambling fangirl. There is something about Ally's writing that I fall victim to every time I sit do
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I was semi hesitant to open Perfect Scoundrels since I wasn't totally enamoured with Uncommon Criminals. Some of the problems I had were fixed in this novel, though some still remained. However, this book would be a well-crafted finale, but I hope someday we will get to hold that fourth book in our hands and join the gang once more!

description

I really love the crew in these books. Something that Carter always excels at is group dynamics and it's such a pleasure reading the group scenes, always! I love that
Sophie Riggsby - YT: allthingsequilateral
* Review posted on Page Turners Blog on 2/26/2013*

Okay, I’ll just say it – I’m a HUGE fan of Ally’s writing. And as with any thing that I may love there’s always a little (irrational) fear that perhaps, this one story won’t live up to my expectations. Of course, I was dead wrong in this case.

Here’s the thing about Ally’s series (and yes, I’m dragging in Gallagher Girls into this review but only for a second so please bear with me), they are well planned and gorgeously executed, complicated plots
Maria
I like Perfect Scoundrels.

...What happened to Hale here? *frowns*

This is my least favorite among the series. The fun was almost absent, and the brilliant connivance was short and unsatisfying in the end.

Perfect Scoundrels went heavy on Hale's and Kat's drama. And I was miffed when they were described as "on-off" boyfriend/girlfriend. Really? They are an item? Because I am sure that I did not miss anything from Uncommon Criminals, because their relationship in that book was as vague as it was in
★RavenclawReader★
*NOTE: This review doesn't even BEGIN compare with the book & this review does contain spoilers,but they are hidden by the '(view spoiler)' brackets.*

If you thought Heist Society and Uncommon Criminals was good... read this. RIGHT NOW. I mean it. Or else.

In this book, Hale inherits the entire Hale Industries corporation... at least, perhaps. (view spoiler)
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 8

In Dept

Best Part:
Hale!
Worst Part: Bit low on the action.
Thoughts Had: Poor hale!; oh lucky hale; nope, poor hale.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: Well thank goddess for Hale :D he is legit. i loved how we got to see more of Hale's life and th
Crazy for Young A...: Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3) by Ally Carter → Start Date: June 11, 2015 11 21 Jun 19, 2015 10:18AM
I'm confused 5 33 May 02, 2015 06:19AM
So What Did We All Think of Hale's Nickname? 51 262 Nov 19, 2014 08:38PM
~Young Adult Enth...: Book 3: Perfect Scoundrels 1 4 Oct 26, 2014 04:32PM
Do we ever find out Hale's real name? 5 52 Sep 23, 2014 02:11PM
About the end... HUGE SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED 10 178 May 21, 2014 06:36AM
Hale??? 2 56 May 15, 2013 11:44AM
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • The Darkness Dwellers (Kiki Strike, #3)
  • The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Prep School Confidential (Prep School Confidential, #1)
  • The Reece Malcolm List
  • Star Crossed (Stargazer, #1)
  • Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • Persuaded (The Jane Austen Diaries, #3)
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • Body & Soul (The Ghost and the Goth, #3)
  • Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.
More about Ally Carter...

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)

“The things that are most precious to us are sometimes the most secret.” 138 likes
“He's better-looking then the last vagabond I had to take in," Eddie said, standing and carrying empty bowls to the sink. "I'll give him that."

The insult slid off of Bobby like water. "So, you know, kid, according to thief culture, if you're going to court Kat, you now owe me two dozen goats."

"It's a dozen," Eddie corrected.

"Yeah, but Kat's worth two," Hamish said with a wink.

Through it all, Hale said nothing. Then, finally, he smiled. "I'm afraid I'm all out of goats at the moment, but I've got some ruby cuff links you can have."

"No." Bobby shook his head. "It's goats or nothing."

"Sorry, Kat." Hale shrugged, disappointed. "It was fun while it lasted."

"Don't look at me." Kat threw up her hands. "I'm officially ignoring all of you.”
126 likes