Start by marking “Flame Moon (Flame Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flame Moon (Flame Moon, #1)

Flame Moon

(Flame Moon #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  2,245 Ratings  ·  188 Reviews
Skye Walters thought waking up on the side of a river with no memory was her biggest problem. She had no idea that the man who had saved her from drowning, the man she now depended on, Aiden, was more than mere mortal. A warrior of ancient.

No memory, nowhere to go, Skye stays in the mountain town, only to discover she herself, has unexplained powers. Her life, her destiny,
Published August 3rd 2012 by AWD Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Flame Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flame Moon

Lauren
Oct 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, magic
Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really was intrigued first of all by the cover. Even though it is simple, the color really makes it pop and stand out to an eye that is scrolling through on the screen. The concept of a different take on gods and goddesses was excellent, unique, and inventive.

Skye was a great strong-willed character. I liked how she had her own ideas that she was not afraid to express, especially to Aiden, who most people were afraid
Jonel Boyko
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This is so cool. I can’t believe how intense the mythology behind this story was. I was completely taken by the twist on the Greek Pantheon and the brilliant explanation behind it. Jackson creates a whole new world based on a very, very old concept and immerses readers in it in a manner that cannot be beat.

The characters in this story are just amazing. They are all such complete people. Some of them may be a little off of their rockers, but that is just their personalities, not a lack of
Jenn Green
This is a very difficult review for me to write. On the one hand, the world Jackson created was engaging and an interesting twist on the origin of mythological stories. On the other, the romance was meh and the fight between good and evil was meh. I mean, I get it, the author was trying to say that even forces of good can be evil - she beat it over our heads a LOT. In fact, that was the problem. You knew right from the beginning that the "good" forces were just as evil as the "bad" forces. And c ...more
Shambhawi P.
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
3.5 Stars

This book was a pleasant surprise. I honestly did not expect to like it as much as I did. Being so busy with my colleges and classes this past month I had not had enough time to properly read a book (depressing...i know!) and Flame Moon was a great book for me to get back into the reading wagon.

The story starts with Skye waking up on a riverbank having not a single memory of her past. Skye was a tricky, volatile character but I really liked the way she was growing throughout the book an
Amanda
I found this book when I was doing my free Kindle eBook posts and was immediately intrigued. A mysterious young woman with strange powers, an ancient warrior, sounded like a win to me and I wasn’t wrong. I ended up really enjoying this tale.

What I wasn’t expecting was this was a new take on Gods and Godesses, however in this book they are actually called Panthenites it’s actually the humans that gave them the title of gods. They are not actually gods but a long lived species with special powers
Raven
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story gives a whole new twist on the Gods and Goddesses of myth as well as a little romance and adventure. It is the first book in what is to be a series and I look forward to seeing the story unfold in the upcoming books.
Cindy
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Time is confusing

Well this book took me a long time to finish. Life kept getting in the way. Made the experience less than the book deserved. I actually was able to enjoy the characters they were all great good guys and bad guys. There were times where the characters switched teams too, which was very interesting. The only part I had trouble with was that the time shifts were somewhat confusing. However, Time is always confusing when it is changing, so I expect to be confused.
Trully Sunee
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone; but not below legal age
Recommended to Trully by: a friend
Sometimes mythology can be boring and very predictable. When reading the summary of what the book was about I thought, "Sounds like mythology & that's not a genre I like." However, this book wasn't what I was expecting. It wasn't a book that would be considered about mythology. It was a book that spoke on it, but it was able to look at what humans think mythology is and what it came to be. Meaning, there are terms used by humans to describe Zeus, Apollo, Athena, Opolla, Hercules, etc. There ...more
Vicki
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this book very much. I was a little uncertain when I began the book and I was a little confused as to what was going on, but (I think) it was designed that way for the reader. Thus there was a lot of suspense. Even the "Prologue" drew me in right away because of the intrigue and wondering what it is that Aiden had done, what his "sins" of the past were.

"Chapter 1" baffled me as well. With a first sentence that says, "The sh
Krystal
Wow what a book Flame Moon was great. I just loved it. This book sucked me in from the first page and there was no turning back. I completely devoured this book. First off love Greek mythology, I loved how the mixed It into the story. The pace and story line was great. There was a lot of ups and down. Some parts would get really intense and you could feel the emotions coming off the pages.

I really loved the main Skye. She went through a lot of emotional stuff. Skye was the most realist and relat
Olethros
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it
-Urban Fantasy outdoor, romance y mitología revisada.-

Género. Narrativa Fantástica.

Lo que nos cuenta. Aiden es un guerrero que lleva cientos de años en primera línea de batalla contra el enemigo, pero que considera que ya ha llegado la hora de retirarse. Más de veinte años después, es el encargado de una tienda de deportes de aventura que, durante un descenso de rápidos en kayak, ve como su cliente se golpea la cabeza con mucha fuerza y casi se ahoga. La cliente, Skye, ha perdido la memoria y en
Hbeebti
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freebies
4.5 This was really freaking good. Mythology mixed with action and a beautiful romance. This book gave me a full range of emotions. What do you do when all your emotions have been tortured out of you? That moment truly had me worried. I loved warrior Aiden he was so fiercely protective but had no problem kicking Skye's butt into shape. And Skye would lost all her memories never had a pity party. She just fought for what she needed and wanted. She was truly a strong woman. Lastly I loved their fr ...more
Sue Morris
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this book very much and would love to read more of Aiden and Skye's story.

The story was very well written and I found myself wanting to know more .... The characters were craetive and easy to picture in your imagination. Triaten was my favorite though, I so want to learn more about him and his connection to the Elders esp. Horace.

The story moved smoothly and I found I had a hard time putting it down..... I often found myself extremely mad at some of the things the characters did,lol.

Amanda
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A new twist and I hope a second book! I loved the two main characters and their ups and downs. I usually get tired of a romance because I feel that they become predictable(man falls for women, women falls for man, something happens and they fight then they get over it some how and get back together). This book was a new twist on that and I did not want it to end! I loved this love story, it is a must read!
Dana
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Quick synopsis:

Skye, wakes up disoriented and not knowing who she is. With this the adventure begins. It felt fast paced which I loved, it sucked me in had some sexy scenes without making the whole book about that. Yeah! I love it when their is spice but a story that makes it more than that.

Aiden, Charlotte and Triaten, are the best I would love them as friends.

Can't wait to read more.

Just a hint: gods do exists.. :-)

Janet Sanchez
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I came across this book on a freebe from the amazon. I just read a lil about it and was interested in reading it. Turns out that this was pretty good. I was shocked myself to enjoy this book and how different it was.
Debrac2014
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
The story got bogged down about halfway thru but overall I enjoyed it! Good vs evil but turns out to be just shades of gray. Descendants of gods have some of their powers. Halfbreeds are considered evil. Skye has amnesia but comes into her powers! Is she a Pantheonian or a Malevic?
Elizabeth
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very creative story, intriguing characters, great chemistry between the hero and heroine. Loved it! Can't wait for the next one!
Janice
The premise was good. It was a remaking of the Greek gods in a modern time, but something was lacking.
Melissa
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Free on Amazon for 3 days...Friday Saturday & Sunday
Lilian Smith
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book

This book was amazing. Their was a twist on every page. It had suspense, romance, power. As you read you feel as if you know the characters and you cant stop reading. The point of a book is to get you attention and hold it until the very end, and make you want to read the second book. This book has done both of those things. I absolutely can not wait to read the next book.
Andita
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The title was...

Not related to the story until the end of the story. I initially thought this had something to do with werewolves. It was instead something a little different. I enjoyed the story. The characters were complex with enough issues to keep you reading. I'm looking forward to the next part of the series. I may try some of the historical writing by this author also.
Linda Vopat
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Flame Moon

I've just started reading this. Brighton, CO is NOT in the mountains. They have MANY hundreds of TRUCKS every day. Brighton is in the foothills. Bothers me when facts like this are so far off.
Camille
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

A good read and unusual story with a good ending, it was unexpected and I love the twist to it
Irene Erickson
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

I thought I'd get the standard romance fare. Surprise! This book had its romance but it was a full fledged story with twists and turns not expected.
Natasha Smith
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love

I love this book. I couldn’t put it down. It had me at the edge of my seat with suspense.
Gia Fondren
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
this book starts out slow, then gets more interesting as its read, i really liked hoe it described a different man. it was like someone was talking to me.
Jessica
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story!
Debra Mandell
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
It's OK but I won't buy the rest of the series. It's not interesting.
Rebecca
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Decent

Not sure it's my style, but decent and I'd consider more. A reasonable ending certainly helps. Too many authors underestimate the difference it makes.
  • Highland Shift (Highland Destiny, #1)
  • Pursuit (Through Time, #1)
  • Dagger Heart
  • Midnight Fire (Rise of the Dark Angel, #1)
  • Fallon (Angels of the Knights, #1)
  • My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1)
  • The Starry Child (Starry Child, #1)
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • Wolverine's Daughter
  • Blood Singers (Blood, #1)
  • Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)
  • Rest For The Wicked (Claire Wiche Chronicles #1)
  • Close Liaisons (The Krinar Chronicles, #1)
  • Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
  • Roam (Roam, #1)
  • The First Book of Demons
  • Darkness Awakened (Order of the Blade #1)
  • Ice Gods

Flame Moon (3 books)
  • Triple Infinity (Flame Moon, #2)
  • Flux Flame (Flame Moon, #3)