Start by marking “North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus” as Want to Read:
North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus

North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus

MEET SIXTEEN-YEAR-OLD CANDYCANE CLAUS. She's the most popular girl at North Pole High. Her father is world-famous. And every day is Christmas. What more could any girl want?

BOYS! And the new boy, Rudy Tutti, is hot chocolate. But he hates anything to do with Christmas!

When Candy and Rudy are forced to work together on a school Christmas-tree project, her world is turned
Published October 2nd 2012 by elfpublished books

To ask other readers questions about North Pole High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about North Pole High

Start your review of North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
Jillyn
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA fans
Recommended to Jillyn by: Candy
Shelves: autographed, blog
4.5/5, rounded up.

North Pole High is the memoir of none other than the princess of Christmas herself, Candycane Claus. That's right. The one and only daughter of Santa. At sixteen, she has a pretty jolly life. A half-elf boyfriend who's totally hot chocolate, great grades in her classes. She even has a candy striped Range Rover and a penguin for a chef- how chill is that? But all that comes tumbling down like an uneven snowpile once Rudy Tutti comes into town. Rudy hates Christmas. He outgrew
Natalie
Kriss
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tour-books
--I lived in North Pole, right off Santa Claus Lane. I remember the Yeti "incident" We worried sick over our moose twins, Hailey & Frank, all week when we didn't get their afternoon visits!! anyway here is my review!--

(Sauntering in sucking on a candy cane) Hey! You guys are naughty! Don’t make me tell the big man on you! This is a genuine, North Pole Candy Cane, straight from Kris Kringle’s hand himself. Yes you heard me, North Pole.. as in Alaska. this book is a heck of a lot more than
Carrie Ardoin
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tour, i-own-this, funny
4.5 STARS

Everyone knows the story of Santa Claus, right? He lives in the North Pole and delivers toys on Christmas Eve. But did you know jolly old Kris Kringle has an entire family, with a wife and 2 kids? This is the story of Candycane Claus, AKA Candace Jane Kringle--who wants to let you know that life as Santa's daughter isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Candycane is a junior at North Pole High, and dates the hottest half elf in town, Tinsel. But her life gets shaken up when the Scroogelike
ѦѺ™
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. - Roy L. Smith

Candycane Claus has every reason to be happy. she is popular, lives in a place where everyday is Christmastime, has an equally popular boyfriend and is the daughter of Santa Claus himself. but the arrival of the new boy Rudy Tutti upsets her winter wonderland in so many ways. plus his presence may possibly ruin Christmas for the first time ever in recorded history.
author Candace Jane Kringle's memoir captures
Justine
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book I free from the author in a Red 2 Review for and honest review.
I really liked the idea of reading a Christmas book so close to Christmas, it got my jolly going haha. I think that this is the first Christams book that I have ever read, and I really enjoyed it. The premise was really cute and it drew me in right away. Plus I liked how this story is told as a memoir. Some of the wording was so funny, my favourite quote was " I'm freezing off my jingle bells" lol. There was a
Michelle Stockard Miller (True Book Addict)
A book with a TON of Christmas spirit, from the sights, smells, and tastes to the sentiments, North Pole High is the perfect Christmas read for young adults. We are taken on a journey into the life of Santa Claus's daughter, Candycane. We get to learn all the secrets of the North Pole and we get to see that despite all the Christmas wrapping, they are just like you and me...sort of. Candycane has all the normal angst of your average teenage girl; boys, overprotective fathers, jealous best ...more
Margaret
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
CandyCane Claus, the 16 year old daughter of Santa Claus is the focus of this story. She’s the most popular girl in school, dating the cutest elf in school, everything seems to be going great for Candy. That is until Rudy Tutti and his father come to the North Pole. Rudy lives up to his name, being the rudest boy in school, but Candy is inexplicably drawn to him. I have never laughed so hard over a story as I did over this one. The character names were sheer genius and I loved the story. It was ...more
Tracie
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a very cute Christmas story. I was expecting cutesy, but the level this author takes the cute walks the fine line of unbearable. The vocabulary the author created to tell this story was incredibly detailed. Her commitment to her story telling style never wavers. Candace Kringle is Santa Claus' teenage daughter. This is her coming of age story. She has a wacky and interesting group of friends that get themselves into some North Pole size trouble. Candy meets Rudy, the new boy. Rudy moves ...more
Jackie Lane
Sep 21, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
I can't wait for this one, it sounds awesome.
DECEMBER - MUST READ
Sally906
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not for me, but I am not the target audience - but a quick read.
Maria
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour in exchange for a fair and honest review.

A modern holiday take on Romeo and Juliet, Candace Jane Kringle's North Pole High: A Rebel Without A Claus is a tasty holiday treat. With well developed characters, fun dialogue, plenty of fantasy and a forbidden romance, this YA Romance captured my attention from the first page. Set in the North Pole where everything has truly come to life, and occasionally not as you would expect,
Susan (The Book Bag)
Okay, let me just start off by saying that I love the Christmas season and that I still believe in Christmas magic. When Candace asked me to read her book, I just knew it was going to be fun!

Candycane is a high school student at North Pole High. She has all the joys and problems of being a teenage as well as being the daughter of Santa Claus. (How awesome would that be!!)

And she puts out a disclaimer right off the bat ~

'The other thing I need to make clear up up front is: If you're one of those
Tiana Lemons
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I started reading this, it started snowing in BC! This story was amazing! It helped me take my mind off all the schoolwork, exams and drama from school. I love all the imaginations an ideas put into this book. I especially loved how they called boys "hot chocolate" when they thought that they were hot! It was a cute and funny story that came to a quick, but perfect ending. I love all the characters, which were original. Candycane suddenly turning into a rebel completely hit me right in the ...more
Alannah Clarke
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is just the type of American candy-cane coated, sugar covered American Christmas book I expected...and I LOVED IT!

I have to say at this time because I'm stressed out worrying about deadlines and essays, this was the perfect remedy for me to able to forget all about that for a hour or so. I was so engrossed in the book, I was honestly surprised when I saw the acknowledgements pages.

I loved all the characters, especially their names I think my favourite name was Tinsel but be warned Candace,
Trisha
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
"Tinsel and I just thought of our love for Christmas. And then we wished upon a star. That was the most important part. And the heart just kind of shaped itself!"

If you love Christmas and everything wintery and bright, then this is the book for you! If you watching Christmas shows all December long, start counting down the days to Christmas from 12/26 on and you even watch Hallmark's 6 month marker Christmas day specials in July - THEN THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!

Full of holiday quips like "Tough
Sherry Fundin
Yeah, my Dad's Santa, but to me, he's just Dad. I'm sixteen and he acts like any other dad. Everything that comes next, is all his fault. If he wouldn't have made me go to the Welcoming feast, none of it would have happened.

Once Rudy arrived, Candycane started doing things she had never done before and going places she had never even thought of. It was not surprising that Santa became very displeased with her and Rudy.

Her teacher put her and Rudy together, the school project was making a
Cherie
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book was like eating your favorite candy. It's fun and sweet, you just can't help but smile the entire time, and you can't stop eating it until it's all gone.

This is a really fun Christmas story. The characters and setting are cartoonish and colorful and fun in the best way. The details really make this book come alive. From the food (marzipan-glazed turkey stuffed with bubblegum, anyone?) to the character names (Snowflake, Silentnight, Johnny Toboggan) to the anthropomorphic
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I knew this was going to be one of those fun cutesy reads going into it but I wasn't expecting how adorable it was going to be. Really this was just one of those reads that make you smile because it is so silly.

The silly names, the silly expressions, the fact that penguins are chefs and the reindeer all talk, okay maybe the reindeer don't talk but they umm, do poo chocolate! , And the feasts all have no less than a fourteen million calorie count requirement.

And while the story was rather silly
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Background: Candy Cane Claus is a sixteen year old who is living it up in the North Pole as the daughter of none-other-than THE Santa Claus. When a new kid comes to town her holly filled Christmas cheer is thrown all out of whack. There are two boy fighting over her and she doesn't even know who she likes more, and to top it all off her father doesn't even know she is dating already.

Review: This book is Christmas cheer in between its covers. Candy is a hilarious narrator for the story as she
Samantha
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-read
This book was better than Reindeer Poop! Lol this book was so cute i just couldn't put it down! i wasn't expecting this book to be so funny and sweet, i also wasn't expecting the crazy Kooky names, talking penguins, horny elves,gay polar bears,and magic reindeer crap, but hey it totally added to the craziness of the book which made it really hard to put down! This book started out a little bit annoying, the crazy names and cheerful attitude, i found myself wanting to give this to my seven year ...more
✨Jinglemarco✨  Маркуша - Мишутка (Nursery rhymes enthusiast)*
I reread this book after almost five years and sadly found some flaws here. But I still strongly believe this is a truly heavily underrated book! I recommend it to everyone here, there and everywhere! It's funny, whimsical, silly and wondrous!!
While this time around I found Candycane a bit annoying and spoiled at times, Rudy too cynical and Santa Claus really creepy (just like last time, after all), it's brilliantly written and full of wonder, Christmas pop culture references and clever
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
I would like to thank the author for providing a copy of the book for review. When I read the summary for the book I was excited because the summary was great and I love a good Christmas book! When I began reading though, I was highly disappointed by the cheesy details of the novel. The chef to the Claus family was a penguin named Chefy and a high school teacher was a polar bear named Mr. Polar Bear! What took the cake for me was one of the main character's names was Rudy Tutti!! All I could ...more
Rachel
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I recieved an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

North Pole High: A Rebel Without A Claus was a very different book than I am used to reading. Everyone in the book had Christmassy names, a curse word would be changed to a Christmas word. Everyone in the North Pole loved candy, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I laughed when I read the DJ was called Kanye North!

The book is about Candycane Claus, Yes Santa's daughter, and tells the reader about what happened on a certain
Desiree
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Literally like a fluffy toy amd a hug from the North Pole. This book was the cutest thing EVER! I loved the terminology: Kanye North, Magtoe,TGI Fruitcake, and the Characters. This is just an all around cute love story and just an adorable YA story that is sure to get anyone in the Christmas spirit.
Lindsey Coolidge
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a perfect holiday read!! It took me a little while to get used to the holiday themed expressions and names but I really got pulled into Candy and Rudy's story. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to see what Candace comes up with in the future!
Jonathan Widran
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, engaging and charming memoir filled with a lot of memorable characters, clever situations and lots of gooey sweet stuff! You'll enjoy every minute with Candy, Rudy and of course...Santa Claus!
Emma
Dec 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Brenda A
Sep 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I'm happy to say that I got an ARC version of this book. I'm sorry to say it took me so long to write a review (it's Christmas time, I had a lot of stuff going on!)

This book was better than I was expecting. For me, it started off slowly at first. There were countless holiday puns, which is understandable. Yet in the beginning, before I'd really learned much about the characters, I found it to be mildly annoying. After I was more immersed in the story and the characters, I found the puns and play
Lavoie Lianne (The Towering Pile)
This book is the memoir of Santa's teenage daughter, Candycane. 16-year-old Candycane is the most popular girl in school, and has a boyfriend, Tinsel, who's totally hot chocolate (they totally talk like that in the book and it has rubbed off on me). Life is pretty much perfect. But then, the new kid arrives. Rudy Tutti hates Christmas. And yet, Candycane's feelings start to get pretty confused! Add to that an unbearably overprotective Santa, and you've got one heck of a story.

First of all, I

• What Light
  • The Coal Elf
  • The Journey of Joseph Winter: A Christmas Fairy Tale
  • Christmas at the Castle (Ever After #3)
  • Christmas Glitter (Moore Sisters of Montana, #1)
  • Her TV Bachelor Fake Fiancé: Christmas Romance Series
  • Operation: Married by Christmas (Mule Hollow, #6)
  • Christmas with You (Stewart Island, #4)
  • Christmas in Silver Bell Falls (Silver Bell Falls, #1)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Someday (Every Day, #3)
  • Their Christmas Miracle (Charity, Montana #2)
  • Remembering Christmas
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • Montana Mistletoe (The Wildes of Birch Bay, #4.5)
  • A Marvell Country Christmas (Men of the Marvell Ranch #2)
  • Dämonenkuss
  • Dangerous Boys
Candace Jane Kringle is a junior at North Pole High. She likes candy canes, unicorn races, and making snow angels. Her father is the most well-known and beloved toymaker and toy distributor in the world. Her memoir, North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus , is her first book. After high school, she plans to enroll at North Pole University and write more books, maybe even some fiction. :)

“He sees me when I'm lying. He hears me when I flirt.” 8 likes