Start by marking “Betrayal (Angels of Death, #1)” as Want to Read:
Betrayal (Angels of Death, #1)

Betrayal

(Angels of Death #1)

Scythe must save his brother's soul before the next full moon, Heather is determined to prove her sister's innocence, but to do this, they must trust each other.
Heather Bowen, a drug and alcohol counselor, has always been able to see auras, but now she's being haunted in her sleep by a red-eyed man who's peddling a psychotic drug to her clients.After her sister becomes his
Published August 18th 2012 by Passion in Print (first published August 17th 2012)

Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
2.5 out of 5 stars...Fair but Unfulfilling

Betrayal, the first book in the Angels of Death series, has some fascinating elements. Ms. Guida explores religious thought by integrating the concepts of forgiveness and penance.

Full review in April 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Goblin
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Posted originally at: Once Upon A Book

Note: I was given a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

WARNING THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Betrayal was a enjoyable romp around in a paranormal urban fantasy setting. It didn't quite reach my favorites, but I can say that I'd probably read the next book in the series without hesitation.

To give one an idea of what I mean, I'll start by explaining from what I found in the first chapter. From page one we are brought into the st
Alyson LaBarge
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of Hot Alpha Males, Romance
I have been very excited to get to read and review Betrayal: Angels of Death. Not sure why...guess I have a thing for tall, dark and brooding with wings.;) By the time I finished it, I was all set to find my own angel honey. Yes, it was THAT GOOD!

The Good: I really loved the primary characters in Betrayal: Angels of Death: Scythe, Blade, Rafael, Michael and Heather. Ms. Guida does an excellent job fleshing out each one of them and I bought them all - hook, line, and sinker. I felt like I was Hea
Susan
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
"Betrayal, Angel of Death" is not your normal angel book and is recommended for mature readers as there are parts that are a bit ertoic and could be disturbing to some. M.L. Guida pens her characters strong in this well written fast paced story. This book will keep capture you right from the beginning and keep you enthralled to the end. I highly recommend this book to all mature readers.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Michelle Relta
i really like it !!!!
Becki
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betrayal

Although some parts were slow and there were some distracting proof reading errors, it was still a decent read. The hero was good, but there were times when I didn't like the heroine. But in the end I did get my HEA. The other books in the series look interesting so I will read more.
Karen Sebeika
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intro to series

Great intro to the series loved meeting all the character and getting their backstory can t wait to read the next book
Laura Wolf
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different. But enjoyable.
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Visit my blog for more on this, have a first chapter there, and a giveaway. Michelle's Paranormal Vault Of Books

No Spoilers.

Oh, I loved this book so much. It was refreshing that there is no cliffhanger to make you mad, then wait for a year for a sequel. I am guessing this is a series, and am very happy about that.
I absolutely loved this book. It was not your average angel book at all.

Let me ask you this, would you be totally freaked out, if all of a sudden you started having dreams that showed
Lisa
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I really wanted to love this book. It was full of hot, steamy romantic type scenes and a lot of suspense and intense emotion. The characters, while unrealistic in the nature of what they are, were believable and likable for the good guys, and the bad guys are the type you love to hate. I will say that I did not dislike it, but I had kind of a luke-warm feeling and a lot of this had to do with the editing. Now, this may not be an issue for others as much as it is for me and if you are not t ...more
Valerie Mcqueen
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
My review of Betrayal by M. L. Guida

Rating 4****

This book was provided free from the author in exchange for honest literary review.

Heather has thrown herself into her work as a rehab manager full force. She has tried to guide her sister Rosemary into the correct path but due to the horrible events from their childhood Rosemary's road hasn't been as easy. Recently Heather has been plagues by several clairvoyant dreams in which she watches those she cares about die one after the other. What shr
Nyghtengale
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Angels of Death with long hair, tan skin, muscles and a motorcycle sign me up. Does this book break any new ground in the paranormal romance theater? No, but its still a very good read. I would recommend to my friends. Scythe is a well fleshed out character who can see the good in bad, still willing to fight for what he believes in, even if it goes against Michael the Archangel.

Heather was a very strong female character, not you usually whining fair. She was tough almost to the point of being s
V.A. Dold
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How freaked out would you be if you started having horrible dreams of people you know dying and they are actually true! And now you are a suspect in these horrible events. That is what is happening to Heather.
Enter the angle of death Scythe, who also turns out to be Heathers angle-mate. Scythe has an evil twin brother Blade who is causing all these deaths and he must be stopped.
I liked the fact that Heather was not happy at all about being claimed by Scythe without any say in the matter which I
Mellissa Monteforte
This turned out to be a fantastic book and very much enjoyed how the plot played out and the characters blended together and created such an amazing story. Many of the situations each of us can find some relation to and it was great to be able to find something good from tragedy. They not only understood themselves and learned forgiveness is needed to gain peace but to allow themselves a chance to heal and know they are not alone. very inspiring.
Nelly Ramos
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angel of death

This book are me angry and happy at the same time. I didn't know which one I was feeling sometimes. Heather and Scythe make a wonderful couple. Scythe is trying to save his brother before his brother (Blade) becomes full demon. The woman his brother is trying to kill is his mate (Heather). You should give it a try because is really good. I can't wait for the second book. I want to read about Blade. I just couldn't put down is really that good.
InD'tale Magazine
2.5/5.0

Full review in April 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Donna
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story and the characters. The premise was fascinating, but I had to take off points for the editing. I don't mind finding a misspelled word or wrong tense once or twice in the book, but this one exceeded my limit.
Charity ellison
May 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Poor

What was wrong ? To many misspelled words repeatedly redundant conversation. Got boring really fast. Could have got the whole story in half an hour.
Darren Mitton
Sep 16, 2018
Shawntel Daniell
Aug 25, 2016
Tracy Jones
rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Give Me Forever (Paranormal City, #1)
  • The Silver Cross (Vampire Nightlife, #1)
  • Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2)
  • Give Me Love (Reason, #4)
  • Love's Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • The Darkening (Guardians of Ascension, #6.5; Dawn of Ascension, #2)
  • The Horse Master of Shanhasson (Blood and Shadows, #0.5)
  • The Life and Death of Lily Drake (Lily Drake, #1)
  • Five of Hearts (Scallop Shores, #2)
  • The Wolf Moon (Wolfmoon, # 3)
  • Killing Time (Ties That Bind Trilogy, #1)
  • Mountain Man's Secret Baby (A Man Who Knows What He Wants #41)
  • Secret Storm (College Romance, #2)
  • Jump (The Senses, #1)
  • Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2)
  • Sable (Dark Sentinels #1)
  • Alchemy (Mercian Trilogy, #2)
  • Incredible Dreams
Vampires, demons and witches! I love to write about these dark entities and the darker the better. My characters are plunged into worlds where they experience torture and mayhem, but even in a world of darkness, true love survives. I write both, sci-fi, contemporary and historical paranormal stories.

Angels of Death (4 books)
  • Deception (Angels of Death #2)
  • Punishment (Angels of Death #3)
  • Cupid (Angels of Death #4)