Start by marking “The Atheist (The Deiform Fellowship, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Atheist (The Deiform Fellowship, #1)

The Atheist

(The Deiform Fellowship #1)

Two days later, Preston is dead, and Jillian stands accused of his murder. With mounds of fabricated evidence condemning her, Jillian expects to spend her life behind bars. But after collapsi
Published August 15th 2012 by Norn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Atheist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Atheist

Start your review of The Atheist (The Deiform Fellowship, #1)
moxieBK
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
The Atheist (The Deiform Fellowship One) — Sarah Ettritch (17 chapters) July 15-16, 2017

This is the second book I have read by this author. The first one, The Missing Comatose Woman was a cute romance cozy mystery. So, heading into this, I was open-minded, but uncertain how a paranormal story would work. (Especially since I loved the cozy mystery so much.) As it turns out, Ms. Ettritch is good at writing paranormal stories too.

This story has a heavy side to “christian” beliefs, and that usually
Luis Dantas
Jun 01, 2020 rated it liked it
A fair effort at an interesting premise. It is too bad that it consistently falls a bit short.

"The Atheist" is respectful enough towards its own main character, considering that the premise pretty much demands that she must have a mistaken worldview and ultimately be convinced otherwise.

That would be fine in itself. But I find the secondary characters to be a bit less ambitious and less complex than the story calls for. Maybe I am bit peeved because the text actually attempts to address the rela
Koeur
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Publisher: norn
Publishing Date: August 2012
ISBN: 9781927369074
Genre: fantasy
Rating: 2.0 out of 5.0

Publisher Description: Jillian Campbell doesn’t believe in God. When local pastor Jim Preston claims to be an agent of God called a Deiform, and declares that Jillian is one too, she dismisses him as a kook. Two days later, Preston is dead, and Jillian stands accused of his murder.

Review: This novel did not flow real well, in that it felt stilted at times
Teresa
Jan 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wondered how God keeps the world on track and things going the way He wants them to? What if there was a secret agency like the CIA or FBI only it worked for God? Well, that is what THE DEIFORM FELLOWSHIP ONE: THE ATHIEST tells us, while broaching hidden subjects along the way.

In this first story, we are introduced to Jillian, a new candidate for employment with them. The only problem is Jillian is an atheist and she doesn't believe them when they're attempting to recruit her. Like
Henry Lazarus
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
All religious books are historical fiction with Gods no more real than the ones walking around in Homer’s Iliad. It’s easy not to believe. Jillian Campbell, The Atheist (paper from Norn Publishing) in Sarah Ettritch’s fun tale of people with powers who get their orders in their sleep from God., is a government agent who infiltrates organizations to find while collar criminals. Her latest target, a new church. Then the Pastor is murdered and she blamed for it with fake evidence planted in her apa ...more
Darlene
I am so sorry. I loved the other books by Sarah Ettrich. But this one never grabbed me. And I felt like I was being proselytized. But I am curious to read the next book to see if the Deiforms can redeem themselves.
P. Industry
Lavender
Feb 08, 2020
Jacqueline
Jan 09, 2018
Sarah Ettritch writes stories featuring strong female characters. Her protagonists are often lesbian.

The Deiform Fellowship (4 books)
  • The Cult (The Deiform Fellowship, #2)
  • Unseen Bonds (The Deiform Fellowship, #3)
  • Scarred Souls (The Deiform Fellowship, #4)

News & Interviews