Start by marking “The 26-Storey Treehouse” as Want to Read:
The 26-Storey Treehouse

The 26-Storey Treehouse

(Treehouse #2)

If you're like most readers, you're probably wondering just how Andy and Terry met. Well, it's a long story, but a pretty exciting one, and it's mostly true! Come on up, choose a hammock, and they'll tell you all about it (just don't go in the maze they're still ironing out a few bugs...).

For everyone who loved The 13-Storey Treehouse and is willing and ready to climb
Published September 3rd 2012 by Pan Macmillan Australia (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The 26-Storey Treehouse, please sign up.
Perinne Verleden It's not about a story as in a tale / something you read, but the number of floors in a building. There are 26 floors or storeys in the treehouse,…moreIt's not about a story as in a tale / something you read, but the number of floors in a building. There are 26 floors or storeys in the treehouse, each connected with stairs or slides.(less)

Start your review of The 26-Storey Treehouse
Katherine
Loved it! This book would be great for kids who can read but don't have a big attention span. It looks like a novel but most of the page space is occupied by pictures. I thought the ice cream flavours (78!) were fabulous!
Cruth
Author: Andy Griffiths - Australian author of over 20 books concentrating on nonsense with a lot of child appeal.
Illustrator: Terry Denton - Australian author and illustrator has a very popular partnership with Griffiths, but has illustrated books for others including Paul Jennings, Mem Fox and Gillian Rubinstein.

(Apparently this is the second book about the Treehouse - "The 13-Storey Treehouse" was published in 2011. We didn't feel any loss having read "26 Storey Treehouse" first).

Some of the
Manal
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debra
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
My copy is An ARC I received from a parent. It's the story of how Andy and Terry, the author and illustrator "met". It's full of crazy adventures and laugh out loud fun. Their 26-story tree house includes a bumper car game, shark tank and ice rink. My favorite is the anti-gravity chamber and the automatic marshmallow machine that shoots marshmallows into your mouth. Now add some rowdy pirates and you have a book I know a lot of my students will enjoy. It's written in a chapter book format with ...more
Susan
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth-ya
I found _The 13-Storey Treehouse_ for my kids last summer, and they have been bugging me to find this sequel ever since. I finally got it from the library for them, and they each plowed through it immediately (and were delighted that it appears there will be a 39-Storey Treehouse some day). My 9 year old daughter said that I "had to read it." :-)

So I did. It's certainly geared for kids. It's just the right kind of silly to appeal completely. Did it do a lot for me? Well... no. But it wasn't
Nadine
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: upper-primary
Strangely enough this is listed as a "middle grade" book by SLJ, I'd say it's firmly in the realm of Grades 3-4, and particularly for reluctant boy readers. It's image heavy and you're drawn along the plot line with short sentences and at the most a paragraph per page.

It's clever and funny and very imaginative - exactly how young children's minds work. Could be used for a unit on story telling by teachers as with little text you can get the point across without the class having to read a lot.

An
Thomas
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in the series the second book came by as if by magic. Another humorous book by Andy Griffiths full of lemonade fountains, giant bowling alleys and millions of flavours of scrumptious ice cream.
Davidv42
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a great book that had a lot of fun silly things in it. I recommend this book to people that love funny books that are pretty short and have a lot of good parts in it.
 Creative Kids Tales
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
26-Storey Treehouse

The winning team combination of whacky words from Griffiths, and laugh aloud cartoon black line drawings from Denton, have once again produced the magic we have come to expect from this duo.
In this sequel to the highly popular 13 Storey Treehouse, we find that there have been a few modifications to the already outlandish structure. There’s ordinary additions like a skate ramp and a dodgem car arena, but there are also added extras like the maze of doom and an ice-cream
Tasha
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
This sequel to The 13-Story Treehouse tells the story of each of the main characters and how they all met. Most of it’s even true! But it’s not that straight forward either because emergencies keep happening, like the sharks in the treehouse’s shark pool eating Terry’s underpants and getting very sick. Thank goodness that Jill can come over and try to have them feeling snappy again soon. Then of course no story is complete without a villain and Captain Woodenhead, the evil pirate makes a great ...more
Milica Cudina
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book (and The 13-Storey Treehouse) with my son. He had just turned five and the book was so thoroughly hilarious to both him and me. As was the case with The 13-Storey Treehouse, he felt somewhat uneasy about certain plot points (the mermaid and such). The book is marketed for older kids, but when my boy found it, there was no leaving Barnes and Noble without it. On the other hand, it is simply stunning how funny spelling errors are at this age. I am not sure older kids would find it ...more
Marie
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is definitely little boy humor. Meaning poop is involved but thankfully the story is not quite as blatant as I'm being. I did mutter to myself "eewwww, that's disgusting..." once or twice. I couldn't stop thinking about how boys would probably read this book and giggle (or whatever the boy equivalent is) and force their friends to read it after. Lots of unrealistically funny things go on (ok, I'll admit I did laugh out loud in some parts) and although I didn't think I'd like this book ...more
Hans
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was even better than the first book. And others seem to agree with me, because there are 26 more stories coming in two more sequels. I appreciate the little things like the infinite page 326. Great stuff in here. There is enough humor in this series to make it interesting beyond any specific reading level. (I can say that because I was interested and might be past the reading level of this book.) This is great if you are 7 or 8 or if you need a quick break from the deep thoughts ...more
Martie Last
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is just as hilarious as the 13-Storey Treehouse, although it may be a little scary for younger children. I would recommend that an adult read it first to make sure that the themes are suitable for the individual child. The drawings and the story line motivate struggling readers to engage in the process. Also, I'm not saying that it's a "boy's book," but it is nice to be able to offer something other than sports stories that appeal to boys. This is a wacky adventure tale that will make ...more
Arnaud
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this in 1 1/2 hours and it was amazing
Nic Ayson
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Read with Master Seven. I just love these books because they are helping him discover the joys of a chapter book!
Tori Darland
The book was really funny!!!!! The characters had some crazy story to tell. I would suggest the book to everyone.
E. Mellyberry
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BR this with my kid. it was fun
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
I read the 13-Storey Treehouse as an ebook and discovered this is a very text and picture supportive book. When I realised this I couldn’t fathom how this would possibly work as an audiobook but it works really well, it was like a wonderful audio drama. The pictures aren’t explained, but there is a change in tone and style that does end up giving a little side comment that accompanies what Andy is telling us about. It also goes one step extra by adding sound effects and musical accompaniment to ...more
Melissa
My son loves this series. On to book 3.
Ammar Al-Rawi
3.5 stars. This part was better and more fun than the first one.
Ramsey
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hilarious story of three kids with different personalities coming together to have crazy adventures in a gigantic tree house with tons of crazy and funny stuff!!
Harry Best
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's really funny!
Chantal
3,5 stars!
Nasser
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually I buy them for my nephew , but I don't give them to him before me and my mom read it =)
AMY
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grades 4-5
343 pages. This one is slightly longer in length than book 1 but continues the story with lots of humor. It explains many things you might be wondering like…where is this treehouse and who built it and why??? The drawings are so funny and kids will really enjoy all of the pirate action in this one. The animals add lots of fun and interest as well. Highly recommended for Grades 4-5. I can’t wait to read the next one…
Katharine Peddie
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is a recommendation for years 4 to years 7. For some students this is an easy book to read but my aim is to give students who are still struggling an opportunity to keep on par with the others who are on larger novels. This novel is rather thick but is filled with illustrations to help students relate to the events in the story. This book helps to build confidence to readers who are still not reaching their full potential. It is an achievable novel to read because of the many ...more
Sharon Tyler
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
The 26-Storey Treehouse is a children's book written by Andy Griffiths, illustrated by Terry Denton, and the audiobook is narrated by Stig Wemyss. Both formats have something to recommend them, but I will save that for the end of the review. It is also the sequel to The 13-Storey Treehouse, and while it is more fun to read in order, it is not necessary. The action and zaniness come through just fine without having read the previous book.

This book tells the story of how Andy and Terry met, and
Lynn
Jun 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Another entry into the illustrated chapter books, with black line drawings that interpret the text, and it did not grab me. With it's brightly colored cover, a lot of students will grab this. I wonder if they'll be disappointed that the inside has no color. Why do publishers do that?? (Please don't tell me, though...)
Chapter One reminds me of "Where's Waldo?" and students could find each 'room' on the large, two page drawing of the treehouse.
I think a struggling reader would have difficulty
Lynda
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-teens, easy-read

• WeirDo (WeirDo #1)
  • Excellent Excuses [and Other Good Stuff] (Tom Gates, #2)
  • Everything's Amazing [sort of] (Tom Gates, #3)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • Tom Gates is Absolutely Fantastic [at Some Things] (Tom Gates, #5)
  • Super Rabbit Boy Blasts Off! (Press Start! #5)
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (Tom Gates, #1)
  • Genius Ideas [Mostly] (Tom Gates, #4)
  • Isadora Moon Has a Birthday (Isadora Moon, #4)
  • Tom Gates: Extra Special Treats ( . . . not) (Tom Gates, #6)
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • Billionaire Boy
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the

Treehouse (9 books)
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • The 39-Storey Treehouse
  • The 52-Storey Treehouse
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • The 78-Storey Treehouse
  • The 91-Storey Treehouse
  • The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore!
  • The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!
“World War II sea mines,” 0 likes