Start by marking “Billionaire's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Billionaire's Revenge

Billionaire's Revenge

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  1,199 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Six years ago the task of firing Darius Larosa had fallen on Sara. Now he is back, and hell bent on revenge. The Company he just took over is in turmoil with Sara’s sister facing prison as an accomplice to her absconded husband’s fraud. Darius however, wants revenge on Sara, not Angela so he makes her a deal – her in his bed or her sister in prison. With little choice Sara ...more
Published August 21st 2012 by Lulu.com (first published August 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Billionaire's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billionaire's Revenge

Elaine
This was an intriguing tale about Darius and Sara. Years earlier, Darius was accused of theft and fired by Sara. Sara did not believe him guilty but was forced to be the hatchet-man (or woman in this case).

Fast forward 6 or 7 years. Darius is now a billionaire with a grudge. He sees Sara at an event and blackmails her out of spite- she is to live with him for 2 weeks, with all "the benefits" available to him. Because of her circumstances, she agrees to the deal.

We've seen this type of situation
Carie Mari
Sep 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Although I only gave this three stars, I really enjoyed the book. I couldn't give it more stars because of the punctuation errors (lots of them) and paragraph issues (it seems that Ms. Kelly just makes a paragraph a certain length instead of each separate thought being a paragraph - makes some parts of the book difficult to follow) but I have to admit that I'm eager to read another Marie Kelly book. Her plot was great, the progression of the characters' relationship perfect and the conclusion wa ...more
Maggie
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Dear Lord. Anything positive I could say about this book is completely overshadowed by the author's dire need of an editor!! Almost impossible to read... I was so disappointed.
Paula Legate
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. There was strong emotions, and hot passion between Darius, and Sara. There were many twist to the story. I loved the kids that was adding into this story, and joy that Sara got from just being around them. This story also pulled on my heart strings with little Carly. I don’t want to say too much, and give the story away. I will say I loved how this started out as revenge, but ended with love. Sara, and Darius were friends many years before, when he worked for her fath ...more
MJ
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I DID QUITE ENJOY THIS ONE FOR ITSELF... outside of the below.

Ok... I've read a few of Marie Kelly's books now.

1. Not very well written (not appalling either)
2. Pretty sure no one bothered with an edit, grammar or any kind of other eye over them at any point (and if they have, they should save us all some time and give themselves a slap up side the head)
3. All of these books I've read appear to have the exact same plot... Change a few names, ages and backgrounds and 'vu wala'... Next book done.
Rachmi
May 09, 2013 rated it did not like it

I read this book after chose it randomly for a light-quick read. It has every cliche things that used to be in romance books. Yet, I thought I can bear it and hope the ending will satisfy me. In the beginning, I was quite enjoyed it. I liked the conflicts the author provides to build the story. But then, there are a lot of grammatical and punctuation error. I usually ignore it since I’m still learning English. Who am I judging it? But as the story goes, I really cannot ignore it. I have
Dar
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
eh, it was okay, nothing spectacular, kind of run of the mill. The story was pretty formulatic, and that is usually okay if the characters are interesting, but they weren't. She seemed rather bitter and not at all likable, even when you found out things about her, it didn't really matter to you much. She wasn't a sympathetic character. He had potential, but then turned into just slightly better than a sniveling whiner.
Neither character really struck a chord, so when I was done, it was like, meh
Mei
Apr 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ok...I gave this writer one more chance and she blew it with her bad writing and horrendous editing job! Yes the story was not only unbelievable garbage but also so sappy I could have thrown up! Once again she overuses the words lovely and wonderful. This story or shall I say, fable, is an insult to women and men everywhere! Books like this one is just one reason why everyone "thinks" they can be an author!
Shonnie
Mar 29, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BEWARE Unrealistic

IMO, the story was unrealistic and the continuity was missing. There were so many words used to describe thoughts but none used to connect the missing continuity. Should've paid attention to the one star rating although sometimes they are wrong. In this case, the higher than 2 stars were off-target.
Luv Roed
Oct 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
This has a great plot...cliche and overused but it was good. What I do not like is the heroine Sara. She is the epitome of misplaced martyrdom. I mean who would agree to become a mistress in behalf of your selfish sister and mother? The family members who treated you like you were nothing and expendable. This is the type of girl and character that would not survive in the real world.
Maria
I am never reading a Marie Kelly book again. It gets boring after a while.

I have finally discovered the similarities in all her novels I've read. Billionaire, preferably eastern European, with an innocent angel as a female protagonist. I'm tired of it.
Francette
Feb 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance-novels
I have never read a more poorly written book. Ever. Was this self-published? There was absolutely no editing.
Veronica
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
The tale was interesting. But the punctuation and lack of editing was an issue. The story would have had a good flow to it if there was more involvement from an editor.
Ridzwan Zuhaire
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I was expecting more drama about the bad side of Darius Garelli. Nonetheless, the Author managed to twist the ending and it totally caught me by surprise. Love it!
Sandi
Oct 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
While the initial premise could have led to a solid story, it seemed to have quickly spun out of the author's control. The horrible editing added made it difficult to follow.
Simran
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
A nice, quick read....but it really needed to be edited. There were so many punctuation and grammar mistakes that I was more surprised than angry wondering how it even got published. Despite being a bit cliche, the plot was intriguing.
It had more potential. Some parts were rushed and could have been written in a better way. But in nutshell, the good things about this book over weigh the bad. You might enjoy reading it as long as you don't expect perfection in writing.
Shelly LeCompt
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a good read. There is nothing ground breaking or overly soul searching about the book but it is still an enjoyable story. It's just a good solid romance with some typical miscommunication has gone way wrong and led two hearts astray until fate and circumstance brought them back together. The book offers two enjoyable characters who have the power to love and healing each other if they can overcome the pains from their past, lies and sad twist that threaten to tear them ap ...more
J
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wanted a "fluff" read last night so I settled on this book. Well, I couldn't put it down and ended up reading well after midnight. Each time I thought I could put it to rest for the evening, something new would pop up that I had to know what happened. Loved Sara & Darius. Darius started out as a cad (probably with reason) but all of the heat and intensity started fairly quickly into the book and really kept my interest. Finally, I had to know what Sara's secret was at the end and then it was ...more
Melissa Maxwell
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story that ended the way a book should end. Sara a victim of circumstance and family needs the help of an almost lover in order to protect her family. Darius remembers the shy girl working for her father's construction company that wrongfully fired him. Sara needs Darius help but in order to get help he has to become his mistress. She is appalled but accepts to protect family. he does not intend to sleep with her just humiliate her like she did him. Passion runs hot between t ...more
Jeanette
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I must say that I enjoyed reading the book... Although the parts wherein Tara or Clary was somehow told a little too late in the story... And Nick's involvement ended with less flourish compared to the impact that he started everything in the first place... But all in all, the intention to show how love affected the people in the book was well delivered... Reading more books from this author in the next few hours, days or weeks..
Kara
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh well another from Marie Kelly, quite enjoyed, except that it wasn't edited enough.

I like the kids were involved, though as every billionaire story of Kelly is, the plot's quite used, and well it had its moments of twists, still Kelly gave me feels.

P.S. I somehow remember reading My Bestfriend's Girl.
Namiria
When i was half way through it, i was so going to give it five stars. But i was waiting for the end to mind blow me; now everything was almost perfect...almost achieve what i was waiting for. Culprits have to at least pay a small price.
Kulsum
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Hailey
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This book wasn't Bad, Just Cute.

Rated it 3 stars
Sarah Dane
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: year2012
Review Later.... ;)
Elaine
Jul 12, 2014 rated it liked it
If you enjoy this author likely you would enjoy this book. However , work needs done on the writing and punctuation for published work.
Eleonora
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
What can I say? I liked the cover, the story is not so bad but the editing is terrible even to me!
Jessica May
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
a lil hard to follow..but still a good read
Leakena Uch
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I enjoyed this very much. I actually read it numerous times
Susan
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great story. Easy enjoyable read.
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Mating Season (Children of Nanook, #1)
  • Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)
  • Damaged Cowboys
  • The Wagered Wench
  • Bound by Night (Brides of Darkness #3)
  • Captain's Price
  • The Billionaire's Baby Bargain (A is for Alpha, #2)
  • Quincy's Woman (Eclipse Heat, #1)
  • A Prize Beyond Jewels (The Devilish D'Angelos #2)
  • Heat Rises
  • At Her Command (Fantasy Heights, #3)
  • Wild Wild Widow
  • Her Russian Billionaire: 50 Loving States, Texas
  • Bared by Him: (The Billionaire's Club #5)
  • Falco: The Dark Guardian (Orsini Brothers, #3)
  • Complicated
  • Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1)