Start by marking “Resistance (Saga of the Setti, #2)” as Want to Read:
Resistance (Saga of the Setti, #2)

Resistance

(Saga of the Setti #2)

While Gabe grows in confidence, Clara begins to doubt everything,
Paperback
Published October 15th 2012 by Studiokae Publishers: Voice (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Resistance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resistance

Start your review of Resistance (Saga of the Setti, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Resistance is book two in the Saga of the Setti series by Stephanie Judice. While book one of this series was really good, book two blew me away. I couldn’t put it down, the pages flew by. In one word, this book is ‘amazing!’

“Our power is greater as one!”

swords together - Google Search

Things have quieted in Louisiana. Our Setti clan, their families, and a few other stragglers are settling on Canebrake Island. Two months have passed. Homer has been in contact with other Setti and they are congregating near New York to trai
David Estes
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
No sequel slump for Ms Judice! She's managed to write a pretty awesome sequel full of action, humor and romance. She's definitely coming into her own as a writer in her debut series, and has created a world that's feeling more and more dystopian with each page turn! Welcome to the dark side Stephanie! Like the first book in the series, I'd recommend this to readers who enjoyed I Am Number Four.
Rebekah
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What worked: There is always the worry when you start reading a series that the sequels will fall flat on their face and you’ll while away a couple of hours in heated disappointment. Thank goodness that wasn’t the case with Resistance! I was really nervous to read the next instalment of the Setti but when I did, I never stopped.
Once again, Steph Judice had my emotions in her hand and kept smushing them, stretching them, throwing them away and squeezing them to death!
One minute, I wanted to h
Tina
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! Resistance starts out right where Rising left off. Clara, Gabe and their clan head north to meet up with other clans to begin training. A war is coming and they better be ready.

What I love most about Saga of the Setti series is the wonderful characters. In a world where monsters are destroying everything and everyone you hold dear, a few band together and fight back to save the world. I had already grown attached to the main characters from Rising and now have more characte
Rachel
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book is fantastic. I liked it better than Book 1! It's so suspenseful, I couldn't put it down! It's a lot more serious than the first one, with good reason... the story has heated up (in more ways than one!).

What I love about this series is just how smart it is. It's not like any other end-of-the-world scenario book (one of my favorite kinds of books to read!), or like any other monsters-attacking-humans book. It's totally different and unique. It always keeps you guessing, and it is
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I received an unfinished ARC copy of this book to beta read for the author, Stephanie Judice, to give an honest review.

Blurb from Goodreads:
The world is covered in darkness. A constant gray pall reminds the Setti that reapers are still here—watching, waiting, hunting. Gabe, Clara, and their clan must leave the relative safety of Beau Chêne, Louisiana, in order to train with others gathering in the north. No one knows what lurks when night falls. Yet, Gabe and Clara both know that they must chanc
Soma Rostam
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wish-list

Wow. The first sentence that formed in my mind after reading this book was:
I am speechless.
I was, truly, perfectly, and utterly speechless. Stephanie Judice turned my heart into an elastic rubber band. With every page of the book, she stretched it, coiled it, tore it apart. Finally, she fixed it and put it back together inside me. She had me so under her spell that while reading, I wanted to scroll down to another page, but it wasn't working, I patted the mouse a hundred times but it didn't w
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was approached by the author with the second installment of the Setti trilogy, which started with the Rising. I thought Judice was promising then, but was waiting to see what else she would come up with. I was not disappointed. These two books have the same number of stars awarded by me, but I believe this second book is stronger than the first.

In Resistance, we meet up with our band of Setti again, after a confusing a long first chapter (I'll get to that in a moment), and it's a great reunion
Amber Garr
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
No second book slump here! Stephanie had me entertained from the first page, and I had to read this book every day until it was finished. Clara, Gabe, and the gang have grown up quite a bit and are preparing themselves for the ultimate battle. Like regular teens thrown together in stressful situations, romances bloom and romances fail. I am very interested to see what happens with the love triangle, and several budding relationships within the rest of the group. It was nice to see an old charact ...more
Dvora
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Dvora by: Stephanie Judice
GABE!!! I still love you!! Now. Clara and Michael...we need to talk!!!

Ugh!!! What is her deal? And Michael. Well, :::::sigh::::::: he needs help!

I am so excited to see what is happening with Jessie!!!

This book was amazing. Te action, emotion, and all around story was mind blowing the whole way through. Stephanie's writing is so beautiful and so gripping, I simply could not help but get sucked right into the lives of these characters. So many emotions went on in my head while I read this book.

I
Cherie
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!! I was blown away at how great Stephanie did with the follow up to Rising. Resistance was a page turner that leaves you desperately wanting to know what will happen in her next book Revolution. There is so much more I want to say, but can not do so with out giving out too much. I don't want to put a spoiler alert tag on my post!!! Thanks Stephen and please keep writing!!!
Jr Castro
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
psyched for the bloodbath in the 3rd, real cliffhanger
Courtney Robichaux
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was even better than the first! I like that we are introduced to new characters alongside the old ones we already love! I went through so many emotions while reading! My heart was breaking for Gabe and poor Clara's such an emotional mess. There are happier moments though and Jeremy's funny teasing always seems to lighten the mood. I liked watching Mel and Ben grow closer as well. Herrald's clan brought a new energy with them. I enjoyed Hannah, Sonya, Ruha, and Sarah. Michael, well, I'm ...more
Amanda Cowley
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant second book in the Saga of the Setti series from the talented Stephanie Judice! I was so looking forward to reading this book, and I was not disappointed. In fact I would go so far as to say I preferred this book to Rising (and I absolutely adored Rising).

As with the first book the writing is flawless, the pace is great, and the characters come to life from the start. I was so hooked, I stayed up most of the night to find out what happened to Clara, Gabe and the others.

I'm not going
Karen’s Library
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: apocalyptic, aliens
Stephanie did it again with her second book in her Saga of the Setti series! Although darker and much more serious than Rising, I devoured Resistance whenever I could during a very busy vacation. An introduction of many new characters along with all of the favorites made this read very enjoyable and hard to put down. It appears from a glimpse into her third book that the characters come into their own and I, for one, cannot wait to see what happens next!
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in the goodreads giveaway..
my review-
This book was amazing.. With more twist and turns in the sequel it was hard to put down.. It pulled a lot of emtions from me, anger, fear, happy, sad... Very unpredictable. New characters were brought to the story line.. Without saying too much there was a part in the book that has me wanting and needing to read the next book- i CAN NOT wait til it comes out- a must read!!!!!
Nicole
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh... my... WOW!!! I finished this book in less than 8 hours. Not because it was a quick read, but because it was THAT good and I could not put it down! The sequel to Rising was even better and had me in its grip from page one.

Romance, check. Action, check. Drama, check. Humor, check. This book had so much and more! I cannot wait for book three! Stephanie, you have a huge fan in me!
Maddie
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Where is the third book?!?! I need it. The ending of this...it just...it killed me. I got teary-eyed and I rarely cry over a book.
I need and want more.
Tiffany
Sep 01, 2012
Kay
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
she's an amazing writer and i hope she continues to publish
Danielle (Dannie)
Dec 07, 2012
Tammy
Nov 25, 2012
Stephanie Judice'...: Character Quest: 7 Layers Deep with Resistance 13 11 Oct 22, 2012 07:06AM
Stephanie Judice calls lush, moss-laden Louisiana, home where the landscape curls into her imagination, creating mystical settings for her stories. She shares her small town, southern lifestyle with her husband and four children. Some of her favorite things are autumn leaves, Gothic architecture, art museums, stormy nights, and Harry Potter marathons.

In addition to her paranormal, teen series SAGA

Saga of the Setti (2 books)
  • Rising (Saga of the Setti, #1)