Start by marking “The Journey Home (The Journey Collection, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Journey Home (The Journey Collection, #1)

The Journey Home (The Journey Collection, #1)

The Sharks’ star quarterback, Travis McCoy has it all, until an injury ends his season early. When he receives an invitation to attend the big homecoming game from his alma mater, Travis decides it’s time to face his past. The journey home sends Travis down a path that he never expects. Will he be able to come to grips when everything around him is spiraling out of control ...more
ebook
Published September 25th 2012 (first published September 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Journey Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Journey Home

Dec 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Within the first chapter I knew this book was going to be a candidate for my 30% Rule to Flounce or Fight Through It. By Chapter 4 I flounced, and I think that was around 10%. Too many over descriptive sentences, some of which felt like product placements. Will it be important to the plot/scene/characters to know that Travis is driving a 2013 Hyundai Genesis or that he has top of the line all stainless steel appliances in apartment 10F? Is it likely that Travis can just hop into his '69 classic ...more
N. Wood
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
The story was an easy enough read for me and I enjoyed the plot very much. I look forward to the next three installments from Lisa Bilbrey, which I have ready waiting for me to read and review.
I award The Journey Home a 4 star rating. The story would have gotten 5 stars, but there was a piece in the story that really stood out to me as being wrong. (view spoiler)
R.E. Hargrave
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-received
In this opening installment of The Journey Collection, we are introduced to Travis McCoy, high school football legend who got the dream: he went pro. What Travis doesn't realize until a decade later when an injury takes him out of the game, is that in going after one dream, he left another behind.

Unsure what to do when he can no longer play, Travis makes a long overdue trip back home, back to where it all began for him. What he finds is that for the most part, things have stayed the same; but th
M.B.
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Sharks’ star quarterback, Travis McCoy has it all, until an injury ends his season early. When he receives an invitation to attend the big homecoming game from his alma mater, Travis decides it’s time to face his past. The journey home sends Travis down a path that he never expects. Will he be able to come to grips when everything around him is spiraling out of control?

I was so drawn into this story. The characters, especially Max, felt so real it was as if I was watching a movie unfold rat
Mackable Book Babes
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In The Journey Home, Lisa Bilbrey, captured my heart; my mind; my soul and I feel quickly in love with Travis, Penelope, Russ, and Max. I believe Travis says it best "“It’s a good start.” Travis leaned in and captured her lips with his. “This has been the greatest journey.” "What journey?”
Travis pressed his forehead against hers. “The journey home.”

My blog review covers all 4 novellas in one post. For my Goodreads reviews you will see only the snippet that goes with that book.
Kelly
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't for sure how I'd like reading a book that had a lot about sports in it, as I am not a sports fan. But the description of the book intrigued me. Apart from some of the language, it turned out to be a really good story. Facing one's past isn't always easy, but learning from it and creating a future is a true blessing. One that Travis comes to realize.
Received a free copy for a honest review
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read as part of the Harvest Treats Anthology (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...).

I enjoyed reading this story. What struck me the most was how one decision can make an impact on all those around and you may not know what that decision can do to others.

M.C. Rayne
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Normally I avoid sport related stories, even the mention of it, but from chapter one I was hooked. I loved the journey the author took me on, adored the relationships between the characters. I for one cannot wait for book two
S.A. Jones
Apr 04, 2013
James Christian
May 25, 2014
Lisa Bilbrey
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Noles
Jan 07, 2014
Fatimah
Jan 24, 2014
Q & A with Michel...: The Journey Home 1 5 Aug 24, 2012 11:10AM
Obsessive, compulsive, slightly crazed, but enough about her personality. First and foremost, Lisa Bilbrey is a mom to three and a wife to one. She loves to write, and spends the majority of everyday writing. It's who she is, and what she's meant to be doing. Words are her life, the air she breathes, and the nutrients of her soul.

Finding a love in the written word, Lisa Bilbrey started writing as