Start by marking “Eight's Origin (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files Bonus)” as Want to Read:
Eight's Origin (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files Bonus)

Eight's Origin (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files Bonus)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  3,032 Ratings  ·  158 Reviews
Published August 13th 2012 by Harper

Rissa Flores
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Wish it was a bit longer, since in my opinion Eight's Legacies are some of the best Legacies among all the Garde members. Also, I wish there were more parts about his Cepan, or his relationship with Cepan. Although, for 11 quick pages, it was still an interesting read.
Jared  Deocareza
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: supernatural, ebooks
Never had I realized on how Number Eight would be this cool, the moment I read this.
It gave me more information about him, on who he really is and what to expect more as you read on the series, starting of course in
The Rise of Nine.

One thing that got me hooked with this one, was the moment when the cute black rabbit appeared next to him. And then he started to develop his new legacy until he met this mysterious guy, who knows him, even in a shape of a rabbit.

I definitely recommend this one to
Tessa
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
For those who don't know, this story can be found here.

Honestly, there's really not much to this. I actually found Number Eight's narrative of his past in The Rise Of Nine to be much more detailed than this, but it's still something to read if you're a huge fan.
Carmen de la Rosa
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Otra lectura rápida. Como sugiere el título, esta historia revela la historia simplificada del origen del Número Ocho sin entrar en demasiados detalles por supuesto. Es corto y al grano sin alguna especie de adorno...después de Nueve, creo que Ocho es mi personaje favorito.
Danielle Emmie
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*5/5 stars*
This was so short. SO SHORT! For some reason I really like Eight and Nine. They're awesome guys. And Four, of course.
it'chy
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: soft
waaaay better than the last book i read
at least i learned something new

p4: the rabbit and i began chasing each other through the bushes, jumping over rocks, darting behind trees. just having some good, old-fashioned rabbit-style fun.
Zakaria Daoud
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Why would you make it so SHORT. I love Joseph or Ivan or Vinshu better known as 8 but why did Pittacus made this so so short.
Eight is the best Garde of all time, well to me anyway, it didn't say a lot about his origins and it could've been better if it covered some other legacies but it's just some pages so I think it was just something to keep us addicted.
María Belén
No puedo negar que todos los archivos perdidos son geniales, uno pensaría que se tornarian aburridos pero solo nos hacen enamorarnos aun mas de los personajes, al conocer pequeñas anécdotas desde que eran beibis y en su dia a dia, cuando no tienen q luchar una guerra, que definirá el destino de la humanidad. <3
At0mic
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
''Completly in love of Eight''
Valentin Soria
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's too short! :-(
Milena
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow..Eight has some cool legacies
Angelmira
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f, paranormal
i miss him. :(
Kim
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, teen
I really liked this look into Number 8 before he was completely amazing with all his abilities and was just a lonely boy. I wish it was longer though.
Ofelia
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Short... but insightful... after Nine, I believe Eight is my favorite character :D But i do wish this bonus story was longer.
Val
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Super short. Just a few pages, but a nice glimpse at eight. Nothing surprising is revealed if you have already read Rise of Nine.
Almudena
tooooooooo shoooorrrrrtttt!!!!
Dee.
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
No estaría mal si hubiera sido un poquitín más largo.
Marjolein
Full review to come!
Edna Mercy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Another quick read. As the title suggests, this story reveals the simplified origin story of Number Eight without going into too many details. It is short and to the point without an sort of embellishment. There is a curious thing that happens at the end that I think may play itself out in The Rise of Nine.
Alex WHite
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*****
Corinne
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x-2018
Learned how #8 (view spoiler)
Wilmarie C.
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now I miss Eight and I'm sad all over again.
Charlotte
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I searched all over and can not find the next three installments of The Lost Files; they are even void from Amazin UK which saddens me. So, to cheer myself I treated myself to the eleven page Eight’s Origin, which was short hut sweet.

image

A sneak peek into Eight’s past and how he survived in the mountains after Lola’s betrayal and Reynold’s death.
Ahh, I love the way all the Lorien Legacies are written and this short snippet was no exception. I was over way too quickly as I was too engrossed! It
Charlene
Apr 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Hi. Just finished six' story, it's short. But I checked & this is shorter, or probably just a plot?

Let's see who's eight. Well he's lucky!
Blog contains spoiler.

"I do know that it has been longer than a season and shorter than a lifetime"

"I've learned that some memories surprise you and reveal sharp edge just when you least expect it"

"In the beginning there were nine of us. We are called the Garde. I know from the scars on my ankle that there are only six of us left. Three are dead. I also kn
Shxrxn
Oct 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I've reached the point where i don't know how long Ive been alone anymore.

It might drive some people crazy, living like this, but the quiet keeps me company.

I try to linger only on the ones that make me happy and skip over the ones that are painful, but sometimes its hard to know which are which.

Almira Monica
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I decided to read this first among all the supplemental novellas because I still can't accept how Eight ended up in The Fall of Five. This is just frustrating because the story is too short. I was hoping to know more about Eight's life on Earth with his Cepan, Reynolds. It would've been better if it included details on his everyday trainings with Reynolds; or the awesomeness of his legacies; or how did he came into contact with the local villagers who believed him to be the reincarnation of Vish ...more
Jean Claudia (Bookish Poetess)
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
"It's one thing to become a bunny but that to become something powerful—something that can defeat the Mogadorians—takes much more than fear or anger.

It takes strength.

It takes knowledge and focus and trust.

More than anything, it takes faith.

But for now, I am just a rabbit. And a boy known as Number Eight."

Oh why is this too short?! It just made me crave for more of Eight's story. It made me miss Eight terribly. And I'm so hurt. I hurt for him. But this eleven-paged story means so much more to me
Heidi Olivia
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
A really short piece available from the website which I meant to read, but kind of lost sight of and then after "The Fall of Five", didn't want to read - as a kind of mourning for Eight.

Unlike the Lost Files series, this doesn't do much in the way of helping us to get to know more of Eight.

Just a snack, not even an appetizer. Boo hoo.

Do hope the authors will do a Lost Files segment of Eight in the future - more about him, his thoughts, his feelings, or at the very least, some more adventures he
Nathaly Alvarez Jimenez
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Estoy realmente agradecida por estas 11 pequeñas y significantes paginas.

Mientras leía The Rise Of Nine me di cuenta de que Ocho era un personaje muy interesante. E incluso cuando hice mi mal redactada reseña de The Rise Of Nine mencione que quería saber mucho mas de el. Y estas 11 paginas responden varias de las preguntas que me hice cuando Ocho contó su historia.

Si les soy sincera, creo que Ocho es mi nuevo personaje favorito. Pero tengo un problema. SON 11 PAGINAS ¿POR QUE ES TAN CORTO? ¿POR
Thoughts On Eight 1 15 Feb 23, 2013 04:00AM
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • Resist (Possession, #0.5)
  • Select Mode (The Broken Empire, #1.5)
  • Miles in the Dark (Fallen Shorts, #3.2)
  • Crow Memory (The Blood Journals, #1.5)
  • Dress Your Marines in White (Monument 14, #0.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • The Invitation (Darkness Rising, #1.6)
  • Faceless (Denazen, #2.5)
  • An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
  • Boarded Window (Warm Bodies)
  • Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #5.5)
  • Rebirth (The Eden Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • The Islands of the Fox (Mirrorworld, #4)
Pittacus Lore is Lorien’s ruling Elder. He has been on Earth preparing for the war that will decide Earth’s fate. His whereabouts are unknown.
More about Pittacus Lore

Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #1)
  • Nine's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #2)
  • The Fallen Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #3)
  • The Search for Sam (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #4)
  • The Last Days of Lorien (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #5)
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • Five's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #7)
  • Return to Paradise (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #8)
  • Five's Betrayal (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #9)
  • The Fugitive (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I've learned that some memories surprise you and reveal a sharp edge just when you least expect it.” 17 likes
“Trust is dangerous.” 1 likes