Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul: Celebrating Bargains, Boutiques and the Perfect Pair of Shoes” as Want to Read:

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Shopaholics Unite!

You know it when you find it: the perfect black dress, the welcome mat for your first home, the yellow bunny sheets for your best friend's baby shower, the laundry basket your nephew will never use in college. Whatever the mission, shopping for yourself and others marks life's milestones, celebrates your passions and expresses your individuality. And most
Published August 21st 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul

Morgan James
May 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whether you are looking for humor, nostalgia, just plain fun or a real grabber, this book is filled with delicious anecdotes. My story, "Shopping For Dancing Shoes" was about the last time I was able to take my mother shopping. It is the first story in the book.
Carol
I'm just finishing up Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul. Funny, I don't even like to shop so even though I love the Chicken Soup series, this one was a stretch for me. I was pleasantly surprised with the stories and as always with these stories that celebrate our eccentricities and life, there were some vignettes that touched my soul.

I laughed and reminisced with glee at Tsgoyna Tansman tale of trying to stuff flabby flesh that has gone south or in some cases north, into a sheath. The sales p
Kristin
Dec 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love to shop and may even live to shop
Recommended to Kristin by: Ollie's Bargain Outlet
I've read many Chicken Soup books, but didn't know this one existed until I saw it on the shelf at the discount store. As a fan of shopping, this one certainly appealed to me. A book all about people's shopping experiences may seem dull, but this might be my favorite of the Chicken Soup books. I like funny stories, I like heartwarming stories, and I like stories that I could live, and all of that was in here.
I won't lie, there was at least one story in here about the dilemma faced when shopping
Therese
Nov 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shoppers, of course!
$1.49

I don't think I would have normally picked this up, but with all my cyber Monday shopping, it made me laugh and so I did. Besides I have always appreciated a great deal. It is how I was brought up and still am.

I don't consider myself a great shopper, but I appreciate a good bargain, and I think this book was. Chicken soup might be getting a little carried away with all of its stories, and still I guess it is nice to have a variety. I wouldn't recommend reading all of these at once because i
Maria
Nov 09, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my best friends (a fellow shopaholic) gave me this book as part of my birthday present. I'd never read a "Chicken Soup" book before, but knew to expect uplifting stories. I got those stories with some life lessons thrown in...all wrapped up in a shopping theme. Cute, if you're into those sorts of reads.
Katy
Jan 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katy by: (Borrowed from Victoria J.)
This book was a really cute read. The reading was light and not time-consuming, which allowed me to set it down for a few days at a time, and read at ease when I could. I liked the sweet honesty of it. Would recommend it to any shopper.
Steffi  Tania
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Retail therapy itu sungguh ada. Dan belanja itu selalu menyenangkan. Entah belanja untuk diri sendiri atau orang lain. Dan aku rasa belanja adalah salah satu cara untuk menunjukkan bahwa money can buy happiness
Donna Ledesma
Way back more or less five years ago, I loved shopping. Seeing this book from that situation I guess this is a pretty entertaining book: how a simple trip at the mall could give you life's lessons along the way.
Indah Threez Lestari
912 - 2014
Mak
Dec 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me bangett..serba serbi belanja ada disini !
Nunik Kartikarini
one of the most refreshing, humiliating, but refreshing story block from Chicken Soup Series.
Katrina
Saurabh
Mar 13, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Chicken Soup For The Soul : Think Positive
  • Pelajaran Berharga (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #2)
  • How to Cook a Tart
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into Texas Expanded Edition
  • Find the Upside of the Down Times
  • Nanny 911: Expert Advice for All Your Parenting Emergencies
  • The Essential Oils Book: Creating Personal Blends for Mind  Body
  • Desert Shadows (A Lena Jones Mystery #3)
  • Divine Guidance: How to Have a Dialogue with God and Your Guardian Angels
  • How Do They Do That?
  • Watch Out for the Chicken Feet in Your Soup
  • Martine petit rat de l'opéra

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...