Start by marking “Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock” as Want to Read:

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  178 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Women who love to knit are determined to find time to practice their craft, despite the many roles they fulfill throughout the day. They knit while traveling or commuting, while waiting for their kids, while socializing. Times like these call for projects that are easily transportable and have stitch patterns that are simple to memorize.

Véronik Avery has created 30 such pr
Published September 11th 2012 by STC Craft | Melanie Falick Books (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Knitting 24/7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting 24/7

Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafting
really loved this approach to knitting - the patterns also are not super complicated and great for my on the go projects.
Julie Barrett
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Knitting 24/7 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock by Avery, Véronik
Publisher: ISBN: 9781453268124
I wanted to read this book especially because I think I can and probably have knitted 24/7 for a few days, even in my sleep.
Such classics and everyday items as wristers, socks/slippers, bags, skirt, vest, scarf, hats, pillow, shrug/shawls,
All are very easy to understand directions, and diagrams, some charted instructions, kitchen accessories and much more...
The book
Jo Barton
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations are really quite pretty and the easy to understand knitting instructions are very tempting - I wanted to make everything at once. I loved the way the book was divided into specific sections and the emphasis on morning, afternoon and weekend knitting was inspired.
There are very good sections which explain some of the more complicated techniques and a good abbreviation list. The list of yarn stockist is comprehensive and useful, as is the website address list.

It's one of those kn
Kristine
Oct 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting
The concept of fitting projects into bits of time throughout the day is great. Divided into AM, PM, and Weekend makes sense. The simplicity of the Travel Shawl is appealing. The Leafy Knot Clutch I've seen in ravelry or on some knitters site, and it's got cook construction. Ostrich Plumes Shawl is magnificent but super easy. The Mesh Layering Tank in allhemp is a cool idea. The Lacy Cable Socks have a neat twisted garter heel - smart! All patterns are by the author rather than contributors and t ...more
Jessica
I gave it 3 stars only because there was nothing in it I wanted to make, except for the felted slippers. It seemed like a good book otherwise with patterns with good "twists," or I guess interesting techniques that will keep an experienced knitter interested, but there were patterns good for beginners, too.
Lucy
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've had this book for a couple years, and have really enjoyed reading it and planning which patterns I want to make from it. Right now I am working on the Grandfather Vest. The patterns here are really well-written, and VERY generously sized. The vest is turning out to be enormous (and I even made a gauge swatch!!).
Melissa
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soooo many patterns to knit - several pretty hats and a beautiful ostrich feather-patterned shawl/scarf. Great styling and beautiful photographs by Thayer Allyson Gowdy. Although the projects are fairly simple there are no "how-to" instructions for a novice knitter beyond a brief explanation of special techniques in the appendix.
Polly
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, portable projects. Just what I need now I'm embarking on a 45-minute commute every day! I don't like this as much as Avery's earlier book, Knitting Classic Style, but it's still pretty good!
Tonileg
Oct 22, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting-crafts
Wonderful collection of gift ideas although I can see myself wearing most of these hand knits except for the red shrug which looks too difficult to wear comfortably.
This is NOT for beginners but rather for a knitter that has mastered the usual knit and purl as well as following a pattern and some simple color work.
128 pages and borrowed from the library but will be acquiring soon
4 stars
Cayenne
May 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new knitting book favorite. Totally written for me, as I knit 24/7, or wish fervently that I could. I liked the projects so much I immediately cast on and finished the winter felted slippers and I am now working on the Grandfather Vest. Not sure yet if I'll end up buying it, but I only have it for so long from the library and I think I would make other projects from it if I owned it.
rabbitprincess
Apr 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to rabbitprincess by: Veronik's website
Lots of patterns I'm considering from this one: the knee socks, the grandfather vest, and especially that very smart olive heather skirt!
Jess
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will def check this one out again! There are quite a few patterns I really like.
Mazzou B
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: want-to-own
The book with my favourite beret pattern! :)
Susan
Great projects, beautiful hip models. Someday I hope to knit something from a pattern. I think my favorite are the lacy socks on the cover.
Patti
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting
love Veronik Avery patterns, and there are several good ones in this book.
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting
One of my favorite designers!
Lalaknits
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed in Episode 11 of theknitgirlls
Betsy
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting-books
A couple of patterns I would like to make.
Jan
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting, non-fiction
This collection of patterns is fresh and exciting. The variety is nice. Socks, hats, sweaters and more. The instructions are well written and the pictures are very good.
Lisa Headings
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've made a few of the projects in here and so far have been happy with the results. The instructions have been clear and easy to follow and the styles seem to suit my taste.
Kerry
Jul 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is fabulous! I may actually have to put this on my amazon wish list!!
Laurie Langley
  • Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books
  • New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
  • Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn
  • Knit. Sock. Love.
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Socks a La Carte
  • More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Last Minute Gifts)
  • The Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume Two: Cables: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine
  • Aran Knitting: New and Expanded Edition
  • French Girl Knits
  • Interweave Presents Knitted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make and Give
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • Folk Shawls: 25 knitting patterns and tales from around the world (Folk Knitting series)
  • Inspired to Knit: Creating Exquisite Handknits
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines: Patterns, Stories, Pictures, True Confessions, Tricky Bits, Whole New Worlds, and Familiar Ones, Too