Start by marking “Celia” as Want to Read:
Celia

Celia

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
I'll get you, Celia. You kill me and I'll come back as your worst nightmare. I'll get you and I'll get your kids, too. I'll get you, Celia, I'll get you... —

No one heard the gunshots. Just as no one ever heard Celia's screams or those of her children for all these years. But in the isolation of the Florida swamps, Celia has silenced her cruel husband forever.

Or so she thou
Published July 1st 1991 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Celia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celia

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Durk Nolan is a cruel specimen of a man. Taking young Celia at an early and naive age, he made her his wife but kept her in a private home deep within the swamps and ruled her by physical fear and mental terror. He abuses his three children, and is beginning to set sights on the daughter Jonie for something a bit MORE physical. His 'job' is taking dogs from peoples houses, strays, etc., and putting them into small dirty cages until he sells them to animal labs for research experiments.

It should
Kimberly
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love anything by Ruby Jean Jensen. This book was even autographed. Though the author has passed away, her legacy of being the Queen of horror novels lives on! Mostly her books are about dolls or toys coming back to life or evil and strange children doing ugly things. Loved this book and all the others.
Zakary McGaha
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, the best Zebra novel I've ever read. Certainly the best by my favorite Zebra author, Ruby Jean Jensen. I mean, damn: this book had me hooked (heh there's a rhyme). Fans of Koontz's The Watchers will eat this up. But don't get me wrong: this is nothing like that book, although there are some plot parallels now that I think about it. Perhaps it inspired her? Perhaps the other way around (haven't checked dates). Anyway, this novel put RJJ (again, already a fav of mine) on a whole new le ...more
Kendra
Sep 11, 2011 rated it liked it
This book scared the crap out of me! My one disappointment about this book is that it is more horror than psychological thriller but it’s still a good one! The story is set around Celia, a battered wife with three children. Celia is running from her abusive husband with the help of the underground railroad system for battered wives and children. But, someone or something is following Celia and her children. Make sure to read this one with the lights on!!
Gabrielle
William Tea
Jul 06, 2014
Brian Barnett
Aug 15, 2014
Ruby Jean Jensen was born and raised in southwest Missouri. Most of her life has been spent in Missouri or nearby in northwest Arkansas, where she currently makes her home. In addition to writing, Ruby has always been an animal lover, and spends most of her time now caring for her pets. Ruby began her writing career in the 1970's by writing Gothic romance novels with a strong paranormal story line ...more