Start by marking “Look What I Can Do!” as Want to Read:
Look What I Can Do!

Look What I Can Do!

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Things get easier every day. Just watch what I can do today! This affirming story celebrates how baby animals in the forest accomplish goals, whether it’s a baby bear finding food, a young spider spinning a web, or a small bird flying from the nest for the first time. The tender, rhyming text compares these achievements to those of a child who is learning to ride his bike ...more
Published March 12th 2013 by Harry N. Abrams (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Look What I Can Do!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look What I Can Do!

Michelle
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Motivational! Keep trying and don't give up message. Try something new! The book is written in rhyme. The pictures by Anna Vojtech will hold the reader's interest too. You could read this book to your class on the first day, or last day of school. It can be read anytime you want to send a message! It would also make a great gift for someone special!
Mymcbooks
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Review: This is a well written rhyme book about baby animals who accomplish their goals no matter what. The book starts with a young deer learning how to stand up strong, “It’s not easy to stand up strong. I shake and sway, but move along”, or a little bird trying its best to fly. “It’s not easy to leave the nest. I flap my wings. I try my best.” A boy trying to hit a baseball, “It’s not easy to hit a ball. But I can catch it as it falls.”

Then the encouraging written words by the author “Frie
Meg McGregor
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
A wonderful story for every little one who wonders whether he or she will ever ride a bike, be old enough to go to school, get dressed by themselves, etc.

This beautifully illustrated book demonstrates that babies in the wild have to overcome obstacles with determination and perseverance. For example, a baby bird must learn how to fly, a baby raccoon must learn to climb, etc.

With that attitude instilled in our little ones, our children will soon be saying,"Mom or Dad, look what I can do!"

Read aga
Barbara
A good readaloud title for little ones just starting to test their wings, this book follows a fawn testing out its legs, a snake learning to slither fast, and a toad learning to catch flies on its tongue, among others, as each one finds that trying new things gets easier each day. The old adage that practice makes perfect applies here. Providing support for young risk-takers, the softly-hued illustrations celebrate the great outdoors affectionately.
Rachel Reinwald
Great book to show kids that learning things is not easy, don't give up, keep practicing. Shows baby animals practicing different things... like cubs trying to catch fish. An almost nonfiction version of leo the late bloomer using all kinds of wild animals. Eventually comes around to showing kids learning to do things to.

PREK-1st
Amy
Animals of the "forest, field, and stream," each attempt to do something that is a milestone for growth and development. Each does its best. At the end of the text, children are also doing the same. Story seems a bit weak.
Inge
Mar 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kids, picture-books
Trite and typical.
susan nolan
toddler ?
Mlh346comcast.net
E VIAU, N. Baby forest animals and children and how they overcome challenges and gain confidence at what they're doing.
Jodie
Easy to read story about growing up.
Rachel
Mar 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Simple rhyming text with supportive illustrations with a good message that is a little didactic.
Tracie
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Rhyming picture book that looks at what different animals can do (spiders spin webs, etc.)
Rachel
Nikki
Nov 22, 2015
Alison Formento
May 25, 2013
Nancy Viau is the author of the picture books PRUITT AND SOO (forthcoming), FIRST SNOW (Fall, 2018), STORM SONG, CITY STREET BEAT, and LOOK WHAT I CAN DO! Her middle-grade novels include: BEAUTY AND BERNICE (Fall, 2018), JUST ONE THING! and SAMANTHA HANSEN HAS ROCKS IN HER HEAD (to be reissued in 2019 w/ sequel). She is the founder of the KidLit Authors Club, a group of 22 children’s book authors ...more
More about Nancy Viau