Start by marking “La Encrucijada: Donde Confluyen el Amor y el Abandono” as Want to Read:
La Encrucijada: Donde Confluyen el Amor y el Abandono

La Encrucijada: Donde Confluyen el Amor y el Abandono

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  10,074 ratings  ·  1,223 reviews
Anthony Spencer es egoista, esta orgulloso del exito empresarial que ha conseguido por si mismo y se encuentra en el punto maximo de su carrera a pesar de que el costo de ese logro ha sido dolorosamente alto. Una hemorragia cerebral deja a Yony en coma, en la sala de terapia intensiva de un hospital. Despierta para encontrarse en un mundo surrealista, un paisaje viviente ...more
ebook
Published April 16th 2013 by FaithWords (first published 2012)

·  10,074 ratings  ·  1,223 reviews

Start your review of La Encrucijada: Donde Confluyen el Amor y el Abandono
Gerard Kelly
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasnt the biggest fan of The Shack when I first read it, but two things changed my opinion, and drew me to the writing of Wm Paul Young. The first was that I saw the evident impact this book was having on its readers: people were discovering, in Youngs writing, a new confidence in the truth that God is love and only love. Especially for those raised in a narrowly-defined faith, the Shack was a breakthrough. 18 million sales later with perhaps 100 million readers it continues to be so. The ...more
James
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trinity, fiction
William Paul Youngs first novel, The Shack, was a publishing phenomenon. Young wrote the novel for his children to explain his thoughts on God and his theological convictions. More than 18 million copies later, Young had an international bestseller which touched the lives of people all over the globe. Itt has got people thinking about what kind of God, God is,what the Trinity really is and how the persons of God relate to one another.

Cross Roads is Youngs second novel and while sophomore
Bill
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Bill by: Requested from Author
NOBODYNOBODY can write about pain and the space between the unimaginable and unconscionable wounds inflicted during life on earth and the reality of an ever-present loving, grace-filled, redemptive, triune God like Wm. (Paul ) Young. NOBODYPERIOD!!!

My review and the cover image are here: http://www.billdahl.net/articles/cros...

On September 7, 2007 I wrote a review on Amazon for a book entitled The Shack Where Tragedy Meets Eternity an odd title, I thought to myself before I began reading.
Keith
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cross Roads, by Wm. Paul Young, is similar to his first book The Shack in that the Holy Trinity has a starring role in the book. Young uses this device effectively in The Shack, but perhaps it is just a tad tiresome when he uses it again in this book. Admittedly, Cross Roads is definitely intended for the Christian market, but Christians (at least this one) want something fresh, too! My reaction to the book reminds me of when you find a great first album by an up and coming band and you are ...more
Mike (the Paladin)
This is a great book. I had trouble with his first book The Shack and I have gone back and re-rated it, though I left my original review in place as it might be informative about a lot of my own take. I was raw at the time I read it and may need to read it at a later time.

This book is a fine uplifting read with a great deal of spiritual insight and hope. I suppose there are things that could be criticized about it, but none of much importance.

As a novel I think it succeeds though some may find a
Jerrine Regan
Nov 11, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a huge fan of "The Shack" I was really looking forward to Paul Young's new book, "CrossRoads". I was very disappointed after reading an advance copy received at the bookstore where I work.

First of all, I found the writing style much different from "The Shack". I did not find it compelling. At times I was confused as to what the author was trying to say.

I did not find the premise of the book believable and I believe most Christians will be offended at what seems to be a type of possession.

Ronald Goetz
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I confess I had misgivings about reading Wm. Paul Youngs Cross Roads this week. I avoided his best-seller, The Shack, when everyone in my congregation was reading it and my wife was telling me how good it was. But shes used to my capricious, intellectual aversion to popular books, so she didnt press it. Im happy to say that Cross Roads is definitely a good read, both intellectually and emotionally.

Cross Roads is a redemption novel, the surreal spiritual pilgrimage of protagonist Anthony Spencer.
Lisa Johnson
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Cross Roads
Author: Wm. Paul Young
Pages: 304
Year: 2012
Publisher: Faith Words
What happens to those who are in a comatose state? Tony Spencer, a man full of anger and paranoia, discovers that life is more than the world as he once saw it when he succumbs to a brain tumor-induced coma.
Tony finds himself in a strange place where he meets an interesting array of people, including C.S. Lewis, Jesus, and a mysterious Lakota woman, who lead him through the netherworld between earth and heaven in
Amy
Nov 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were several times that I almost gave up on this one and had it been any other author (as I loved The Shack), I never would have stuck with it. However, I am very glad that I did. Once I got past the first 97 pages, the story picked up and was much better. I found the first part to be just plain confusing and that the author was not reaching his audience with his intended message. However, once the story revealed itself, his representations of the main character's heart, mind and feeling ...more
Thomas Holbrook
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Mr. Youngs book, The Shack, was a best-seller because it was well written, spoke to a specific audience and explored the theological idea that God, through Christ, continues to be connected to humanity. His second book is just as well written, speaks to the same target audience but addresses the theological idea that, also through the work of Christ, God made community possible by the reconciliation of human beings to each other.
Anthony Spenser has it all money, property, power, influence
Geoff Little
Its an embarrassing, puerile feeling, the curiosity if someone, once so lucky, now might fail. I felt such a thing as I picked up and began William Paul Youngs Cross Roads novel, out this month. Published by FaithWords (Hachette), Cross Roads is the follow-up to Youngs 18 million-copy bestseller, The Shack, that donkey of a religious fiction title. A donkey, I confess, I rather loved.

The Shack was too clumsy to discuss in any literary circle I know, what with its constant breadcrumbing of the
Rob Carl
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wm. Paul Young wrote this one more carefully than his last book, The Shack, and he employed the help of Theologian: Baxter Kruger and host of others. Therefore it is more Theologically sound, he takes few liberties with scripture and the traditional doctrines of the Church. This time Jesus is Jesus, no confusion there, God the Father is God the Father again no gender bending. The Holy Spirit is a Lakota Indian woman, this might offend some who like to keep the trinity in the male gender, but in ...more
Gail Welborn
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
***From the author of The Shack with an initial print run of one million copie***

WM. Paul Young, bestselling author of the The Shack that sold eighteen million copies in 2008, now returns with Crossroads. In another provocative tale of healing and hope wrapped in an account of relationships, selfishness, trust and choices. FaithWords releases one million copies Tuesday, November 13th which suggests they believe Crossroad sales could be similar to that of The Shack.

The poignant story begins with
Evelyn
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this much more than The Shack. I found it not preachy at all, and I really liked the whole storyline with Tony and Molly's family.
Erika
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a great audio book!
Elaine
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was quite excited to read this book as I loved the Shack, and O wasn't disappointed. Once again I finished it with the hope that some of the wisdom in the book will stay with me and help to change me.
It is a story of transformation. A cold self absorbed man with no friends and no desire for them goes through an experience of God that changes him for ever, Its a little like Scrooge in Dickens Christmas Carol where the change is achieved in an unbelievably fast time but is an allegory of the
Tiffany Simar
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
When I first started reading this book, I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it. I had read The Shack and enjoyed it and was thrilled when I discovered that WM. Paul Young had put out another book. Reading a little about this book while standing in Walmart, I loved what was mentioned on the back "I can heal someone? Are you telling me that I am able to heal anybody?" This drew me in and I passed up on the last Fifty Shades book for this intriguing read.

When I started the first chapter, I
Mike (the Paladin)

As a novel I think it succeeds though some may find a
Paul Wilkinson
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The original distribution target for The Shack was about 15 copies. So its not surprising that million-copy-selling author Paul Young refers to Cross Roads as the first novel he intentionally wrote.

Im drawn to Youngs picture of a loving God regardless of the size, shape, age or gender in which he prefers to clothe any member of The Trinity and would have no problem approving him to teach Sunday School at my church, a proposition that no doubt causes his detractors to shudder.

The lead
Leroy Seat
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-fiction
This is a very creative and imaginative book, stretching incredulity, and I enjoyed reading it. But I dont think it was nearly as good as "The Shack." Nevertheless, there is a deep spiritual message in this book, and I ended up liking it a lot.

The Holy Spirit is pictured as an old Lakota grandmother, and on one occasion she says, Much of what you must forgive others for, and especially yourself, is the ignorance which damages. People dont hurt willfully. More often because they simply dont know
Dottie Parish
Cross Roads was written by the author of The Shack. This preposterous story starts slowly but is entertaining especially about half way through. It is similar to The Shack in its depiction of Jesus and the Holy Spirit as affable, loving beings who take on human-like appearances in order to communicate with the main character. It is also similar in its approach to reconciling or undoing psychological trauma around grief. There is some insightful dialog, such as this about fairness. The main ...more
Marcia Mcgee
Apr 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I tried. I really did. I would have given this no stars if there was a choice. I chose this book because I liked his first book, "The Shack." This just seems to be a shallow attempt at making some money. Frankly, I have never, ever read such psycho-babble drivel in all my life. And I read a lot. If there was a prize for the most convoluted, ridiculous prose, this would win it. Check out p8 (in the ereader -- and the description of the protagonist's birth. It took a lot of words to say, "He was ...more
Layne
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cross Roads was after the manner of his first book The Shack. It is fiction, it's metamorphic, and takes a vivid imagination to fully explore the author's intentions. Having said all that, I liked it. The message is really good. It focuses on self awareness, repentance, forgiveness, and redemption. These themes resonate through out the book and are what make the story beautiful. If you liked the Shack, you will probably enjoy this book.
Lena ( book-junkie)
Easily the best book I read in 2012! I really like the way the author described what Tony was going through in his coma state of mind and what possible death could be like. I highly recommend this book.
Maria ( ZITA ) Silva
wow, wow, what a nice surprise this book was, Love it, I felt sad, happy, hopeful, etc, etc & sad again because it was over...
Mahoghani 23
A story well put together that deals with free will, faith, fear, love, religion, family, and trust. Anthony "Tony" Sebastian Spencer is a man full of power, anger, distrust, and ego. He's starting to feel paranoid but before he can do anything about his paranoia, a serious medical emergency occurs with a severe prognosis.

Cross Roads delve into Tony's life and challenges him to see that the walls he built up towards people has left him alone with no one caring about him. It deals with all of his
Lucija
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world has no meaning apart from relationships.
I believe the moral of the book could be stripped down to this single quote and I could not agree with it more.
The book brought some freshness with Tonys form of communating through others which was odd at first but it slowly started to grow on me, and finally amuzed me.
Also, I could not help but compare the book with The Shack since Young uses similar descriptions of the Holy Trinity and the aspect of soul and ones heart. Although Cross Roads
Darius Murretti
superb. I enjoyed much more than the shack ...does start a little slow and mundane but after the 25% point that's all behind you . Then the imagination is brillant and the humor is excellent !!!
Amanda R
What a deeply gratifying read; entertaining and thought provoking. This is my first Wm. Paul Young novel and I was happily surprised at how much I enjoyed the story while simultaneously being challenged to evaluate the landscape of my own heart. Well done.
Anna
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only the second book by Wm Paul Young, author of surprise bestseller The Shack, Cross Roads is an incredibly complex and ambitious book which needs to be read slowly, carefully and thoughtfully, and ideally with a notepad to hand.

Tony Spencer is a character I had problems getting to grips with. At the start of the book he's ambitious, sociopathic and paranoid. A brain tumour leaves his body in a coma and his soul, or maybe his spirit (the book did explain the difference but not in a way I could
Live Web Event with Author Wm. Paul Young 3 32 Jan 18, 2013 12:19AM
My Pre-Release Review is here: 1 13 Aug 08, 2012 06:51PM

• The Shack Revisited: There Is More Going On Here than You Ever Dared to Dream
  • The Power of a Praying Husband
  • O vendedor de sonhos: o chamado
  • Ana Marija me nije volela
  • Ženski rodoslov
  • The Power of a Praying Parent
  • Flutter: The Story of Four Sisters and an Incredible Journey
  • The Fortress
  • An Accidental Woman
  • Fair Is the Rose (Lowlands of Scotland, #2)
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • Igra Anđela
  • Naš otac
  • Marina
  • Odluka
  • The Prayer That Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God
  • The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children
Wm. Paul Young is a Canadian author. Young was the oldest of four. He spend the majority of his first decade with his missionary parents in the highlands of Netherlands New Guinea (West Papua), among the Dani, a tribal people. When he was six he was sent to a boarding school.

The manuscript, that later became The Shack, was intended only for his six kids and for a handful of close friends. After