Start by marking “Pillow Talk” as Want to Read:
Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk

(Pillow Talk #1)

Dear Author,
This photo shows two young men asleep in bed together. Sweetness, trust, absolute comfort with each other. So are they just friends or what?

Photo Description: Two young men sleeping on a bed together. Fully clothed and lying on top of the covers, the one in back sleeps on the other's back with his arm tucked around his midsection, hugging him in sleep.

This sto
Published July 5th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Pillow Talk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pillow Talk

Start your review of Pillow Talk
Exina
“Guess you were right; an ambush blowjob isn’t very Cary Grant.”

Scott and Jimmy are best friends and roommates since freshman year, and they have a very special touchy-feely relationship. Everyone suppose they are a couple, but they are not. Though Scott is gay and out, Jimmy is allegedly straight, and quite a ladies’ man. Obviously, Jimmy is head over heels with Scott, but 1) he doesn’t want to ruin their friendship, 2) he is not comfortable with the idea of coming out yet.

It was really ni
Adam
It's like sugar in text-form.
description

Is it realistic and believable? Absolutely not. I mean, Scott and Jimmy had practically been dating for years without actually realizing that they were dating. And I'm talking about sleeping in the same bed almost every night and occasionally showering together kind of dating.

Yet it was funny, sweet, and a quick read. The cute moments between the two, the petty jealousies, and the slow realization that the two want more. And of course, there's that hot scene at the e
Irina
I would have liked review #250 to be something beautiful and explosive, but oh well.
Yes, that was a kinda convoluted way to let you know that I've written 250 fucking reviews (in less than a year). So proud, gosh.

Anyhow, the story. The basics of it? It was so, so cute! Just heartwarming sugary fluff. Written cotton candy. An edible pillow.
For starters, it's very well written. No unnecessary wordiness, but a smooth prose that flows well and lets you get into the story.
The characters are solid and
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I know that I have read and reviewed this one and that I actually had a convo on a thread about it, alas...GR seemed to have eaten it! :(
I know it was sweet and cute, but I remember I had some issues that didn't work for me.
I'll reread at some point and try again!
Angela
Smile worthy, friends-to-lovers, roommates, GFY, humorous, HEA, fluffy read goodness! :-)
Sadonna
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well this is a nearly perfect young adult friends-to-lovers, out for your story. I loved Scott and Jimmy. Rob and Tina were worthy secondary characters :)

I continue to be a fan of this author. Can't believe I hadn't read this one before.
Bettye Kanady
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
I really liked this book despite wanting to beat the crap out of Scott and Jimmy. The boys had been best friends since college, when "forced to share a dorm room" and have been inseparable ever since; literally! Jimmy was going to med school and Scott was working on a Doctorate, he just hadn't settled on a subject, but they got a small apartment to share; Jimmy slept in Scott's bed more than he slept in his own. Scott was the "out and proud" one, while Jimmy was as straight as a 2x4. However, th ...more
Courtney
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Alright. I liked Jimmy, and I think I liked Scott, but there were a few things off about this story. First, this was not some unexpected GFY. Jimmy obviously wanted Scott from the very first page. Scott was either an idiot or the author was trying way too hard to make it seem unexpected. (view spoiler) ...more
Kendra T
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute story about best friends Jimmy and Scott. They are very, very, very close and sometimes hard to tell where one ends and the other begins, even though Scott is gay and Jimmy is straight. I liked their relationship but the jump from friends to lovers seemed very fast. There was no real build up. (view spoiler) ...more
Susan
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read, free, z-2012
This was such a sweet story.(view spoiler) ...more
Eli Easton
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. I love friends-to-lovers stories and really enjoyed this one. Jimmie and Scott were very cute and I loved their affectionate relationship. The 'I want you but I can't' did drag on a bit long, I thought, but I still really enjoyed this read and found it sweet and sexy.
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was perfect for me. Just enough sap, but not too much. Hot sex, humor and a good flow. Loved it all. Will look into reading more from this author.
Audrey
Photo, for posterity:

My favorite LiAW story thus far. Great characters bursting with personality. My only quibble was the epilogue, which I didn't think added much and instead kind of took away from the momentum for me. Regardless, awesome and FREE. :D

This story is available as a freebie as part of the Goodreads M/M Romance Group's Love is Always Write event. You can read it here or download the book on the book page, Pillow Talk.
Fairy / Anna
This is a story about two young men, who are best friends and roommates for a long time. Reader can see from the beginning that there is something more between them than male friendship. But MC's need some time to acknowledge this fact.
There was nothing new or original, but I enjoyed it. Sweet and cuddly, perfect if you're in the mood for something like that. 'Friends to lovers' and 'gay for you' are combined. Do you like those themes? Go for it :)
MKrey
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the cutest book I have ever read!! I'm serious, this book was all fluff and rainbows and unicorns. I would've loved it if this book was longer because it was just so good!

Jimmy & Scott:

Aniko
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I would have given this a higher rating if it weren't for the excessive use of the phrase 'the man'. 103 times in 58 pages, and often in the same paragraph, just becomes an annoyance that pulls the reader out of the story. What I did really like about this story was the MCs. They were completely adorable, and the story was sweet and funny.
Pixie
May 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: man-on-man-luvin
Not bad but….something was missing. What’s up with spending 4 years alluding to the fact you want to totally dick down your roommate, yet your roommate missing all the signs because they think your straight. Come on…seriously.
Lisa
Loved this little book.
Scott and Jimmy have been best friends for ever. They share an apartment. It seems idyllic but Scott is gay and Jimmy is straight.
Friends can't believe that they aren't together and I found myself routing for them to get it on.
Can't wait for book 2.
L-D
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very sweet free download from the Love is Always Write series. Thank you JH Knight for sharing your talent with your readers :)
jules0623
So lovely! I adore this!
Katie Rasmussen
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow - Totally loved the characters and this story. XD
Lav123
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. It's a perfect book when you want some fluff and a happy ending.
Bookbee
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

My previous review seems to have disappeared! :( But by my records, I gave the story 4½ stars...so I must have liked it a lot! :)
Pamela Su
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amusing short.

It's a bit funny to me how blind the characters are about their love for each other.

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ by: tiffany
Cute, especially the epilogue.
BWT (Belen)
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction
Riveting, funny, and sweet. The ending was as inevitable as the sun setting.
Chrissie
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short, m-m
DC
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet but not very realistic or believable. So we have two admittedly promiscuous men, one gay, Scott, one “straight”, Jimmy, who are best friends and roommates and for the most part carry on like an long married couple without the sex. From the very beginning, Jimmy was one of the least believable straight men I’ve ever read about. So right from the get-go, you knew what was destined to happen. We just had to put up with all the foolishness in the intermittent pages before we got there. And the ...more
Feloidae *The Bookworm*
Very cute friends to lovers romance. <3
BUT the endling was kind of abrupt and could have been handled better.
Jenny Wood
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this author!!!

Jimmy and Scott are besties and roommates, have been for the last 4 years of college and they're pretty much inseperable... Scott is gay though and Jimmy is straight but spending more than a minute with the two of them would have any sane person questioning their relationship. The way the sleep spooned up together and the way they can't keep their hands off of each other; I've never seen a straight guy want to touch his friend that much; ever. But it was so cute. I loved how
« previous 1 3 next »

• Top Secret
  • 3 Dates
  • Superhero
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Stay with Me (The PI Guys, #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • 魔道祖师 [Mo Dao Zu Shi]
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Still
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Home (Camassia Cove, #1)
  • Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced World, #1)
J.H. Knight has been writing love stories since the second grade. When she’s not catering to the whims of her imaginary friends (whom she sometimes refers to as “characters”), she’s usually found driving her four children all over the planet, working on a school project, or saying things like “Not until your homework is done!”

A Pacific Northwest native, she loves the outdoors in every season wheth

Pillow Talk (2 books)