Start by marking “Shrilugh (The Shrilugh Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shrilugh (The Shrilugh Saga, #1)

Shrilugh

(The Shrilugh Saga #1)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Nothing can explain to Aydan Fulbert how she survived the savage attack in the woods. Why her left eye, instead of being blinded by the injuries she’d sustained, had simply turned a shocking shade of silver. And nothing can explain the fact that she can hear the Stranger speaking in her mind - or that she can answer him back without using her mouth.

Nothing can explain it -
ebook
Published August 30th 2012 by Myndi Shafer at Smashwords (first published August 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Shrilugh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shrilugh

Janae Griebel
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As an avid reader, I have a short list of authors whom I can always depend on to write a captivating tale, allowing me an escape from everyday life. After reading Book One of the Shrilugh series, I am convinced that Myndi Shafer deserves a spot on my short list. Shrilugh is a terrific story filled with amazing imagery and fascinating characters. Every page found me entranced by the events and the characters. When I wasn’t reading this book (as I had to do something more than just sit and read th ...more
Melinda VanLone
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shrilugh (Shree-Loo) is the young adult romantic fantasy and debut novel by very talented author Myndi Shafer. At first I wanted to say if you love Twilight, you'll love this. The problem is, this is so much better written! No offense to Stephanie Meyer (seriously, I did read all the Twilight series so I can hardly say they were horrible), but I enjoyed this story a lot more because it is beautifully told and well written, and the teen angst made sense to me where it didn't in Twilight. Very rea ...more
Coleen Patrick
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I love a story that takes me on an emotional journey and Shrilugh does just that. It has two worlds, love, and characters that stay with you long after you close the book. I'm looking forward to book two!
Jennifer Jensen
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of Shrilugh, by Myndi Shafer this weekend. Not for the possibility of a book review (I only review books I like, and there was no guarantee I’d like it enough), but because Myndi is a blogging buddy. She offered and I accepted.

And then the problems began.

I started it Saturday when chores and homework were mostly done. I was still reading it in the car on the way up to visit the grandbaby. I kept reading it late that night, which meant I didn’t get my
Jade Klinger
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE

Brig Cooper lives his young twenty-one year old life working for the Fulbert's. Brig enjoys working on the farm. But the one things he enjoys much more than working on the farm is hanging out with his best friend Aydan Fulbert. Brig has all of his goals set out and ready for him, but he can't seem to continue them without Aydan.

Aydan can't wait to get out of her hell hole that she's currently living in. Being able to graduate has been a complete relief for Aydan. All she has to do is hold out fo
Kassandra Lamb
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm neither a YA nor a fantasy reader normally but this book came highly recommended. This is the story of a teenaged girl on the verge of escape from her abusive household, when everything goes horribly wrong. She and her boyfriend are launched on a harrowing journey that will end up in another world. There Aydan will discover that everything she always took for granted about herself and her world are not what she thought at all.

This book is very well-written. The characters are quite believabl
Jennifer Oliver
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ever start reading a book and you just can't put it down? Or if you do, your thoughts stay in the story until you are able to read more? Shrilugh was that book for me. I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning because I just had to finish reading it. The story has a good pace and immediately pulls you into Aydan's world. I can't wait to read the next book!
Elena Aitken
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read YA Fantasy but I bought this book on the recommendation of a friend and was very impressed! I couldn't put it down as I got swept into the Aydan and Brig's relationship and then was equally captured by Rein and his complexities.
This was the first book in a series and I can't wait for more. Great stuff and highly recommended.
Karie
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This was...okay. The heroine was soooo angsty and her grief went on forEVer (thank you, Stephenie Meyer, for keeping Bella's numbness to a few blank pages) and was relatively unreasonable in its length and strength.
Traci (Mad Hatter Reads)
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aydan Fulbert has just graduated high school and her best friend, Brig Cooper, is there to help her celebrate the momentous occasion. Now that they have a few months before she leaves for college, Brig has plans to make it even more memorable by moving their relationship out of friend realm and into boyfriend/girlfriend. But the new couple face the obstacles of Aydan's abusive and controlling father, Lenox, and vindictive sister, Calista. As a graduation present Calista tells Aydan that she was ...more
Meghan
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was great. Original, no vamps, weres or fairies. Thank the heavens. And the characters were like real people. Kind of a mess and never at all perfect. Everyone was real- screwing this up, not saying the right things or reacting in the perfect way- like actual people. So refreshing. And the leading lady wasn't totally focused on the appearance of her male counter parts. That was unexpectedly pleasant and not the norm for YA novels at all. Also the very real after effects of loss and the ...more
Christine Ashworth
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya
I loved Shrilugh. Aydan's life is a rough one. Her bright spot? Her birthday is just a few weeks away, and then she'll be free to run away from the bastard that she thinks is her father. A love-token given in an untimely manner sets everything in motion and finding out that she was a foundling is only the beginning of her journey. She is torn between her best friend and long-time crush turned boyfriend and the stranger who wants to save her life. Or does he? He does manage to take her into a wor ...more
Lynnette Conroy
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Technically this may be a YA book, but I thoroughly enjoyed it - and I am an approaching 40 writer, software trainer and mama with an English degree. This was in my To Read stack for several months before I opened it, but when I did, I went through it in 2 days.

Characters are normal enough to be believable and relatable, with enough magic to keep them interesting and engaging. And those trees! If those trees were real I would be a happy woman, living in a grove.

I am on a self-imposed no book b
Ruth Kieffer
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! The setting completely captured me! I didn't love the extremely long time it took to get to the DOOR.....I kept thinking, "get there already!" but I am so excited now to dive into book 2! I look forward to Aydan becoming a strong fighter and overcoming all that she has been through - I appreciated that it- her childhood abuse- was more hinted at, than fully described also - since I want to recommend this to students too!
Toni Michelle-Editor
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shrilugh was pretty good! I received this book as a gift from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I couldn’t put it down. The storyline was so well written that it was hard to focus on anything else! I would recommend this book to all fantasy lovers!!!
C. Patt
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
simply one of my favorite series out there. can not wait for #3 and #4 to some out!!
Jill Hart
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Adore this book! A great escape into new world that you won't want to leave.
Reader's Hollow
Mar 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Review from Freya at The Reader's Hollow

I found the 'blurb' very interesting, promising mystery. The short prologue showed its genre to be a an intriguing fantasy, so I thought this was looking good. Then it went into several chapters of what I found to be very boring juvenile romance. And that became a bit of a pattern for the book, with flashes of interesting fantasy intrigue and mystery, interspersed with lengthy sections of childish romance and 'angst' that made it a bit of a chore to keep
Lilian Paneto
This novel was an interesting fantasy story of a child from another world ordeal left behind to save her life. It was reminiscent of the Biblical story of f Moses being left by his mother and raised by the Egyptian Pharoah.

The ending of the novel was too abrupt for me. I would have preferred a formal ending which could represent some sort closure for Rein and Ayedan.
Amber Carlyle
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful and intriguing tale. I adored Aydan, and Myndi crafted an engrossing take of fantasy that captures the imagination. I would recommend to anyone looking for a modern story that transcends into an epic fantasy.
catherine m. conroy
Great read!

Cyndi Shafer has created a poignant story of love and loss, strength and innocence. The characters are well-developed and intriguing and her scenery descriptions make you want to travel with the characters. I can't wait to start book 2!
Suzanne
May 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ask Myndi Shafer: SHRILUGH - As You See It 5 9 Mar 14, 2013 07:28AM
Ask Myndi Shafer: BOOK ONE - Questions? Ask here! 1 7 Feb 28, 2013 06:10PM
  • Marcus (The Vampyre Legal Chronicles, #1)
  • Forged by Greed (Forged, #1)
  • Before I'm Gone (The Night Killer, #2)
  • Wicked Sense (Singularity, #1)
  • Sugar Crash
  • Again
  • Of Course! The Greatest Collection of Riddles & Brain Teasers For Expanding Your Mind
  • Earth Tones (Elemental Magic, #3)
  • Awake (A Fairytale Trilogy #1)
  • Family Ties (Sunset Crescent, #1)
  • Encrypted (Forgotten Ages, #1)
  • In Her Shadow
  • Claiming The Prize
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal
  • Witch House (Tony Marcella Mysteries, #5)
  • The Case of the Pitcher's Pendant: A Billibub Baddings Mystery
  • Ruined (Shadowed Love, Book One)
  • The Never Prayer
Myndi Shafer digs: tiramisu, the smell of rain, and freshly painted nails.

Myndi Shafer does not dig: stubbing her toe, eating sushi, and formatting eBooks.

Myndi Shafer lives with her husband, four kiddos, a dog, and a bird, and knows her life is charmed.

To learn more about Myndi Shafer, visit her website (above) or hang out with her on Twitter (she's a chatty Cathy), or like her on Facebook (beca

The Shrilugh Saga (2 books)
  • The Darkening (The Shrilugh Saga, #2)