Start by marking “Summer Heat” as Want to Read:
Summer Heat

Summer Heat

When Cat is unceremoniously dumped by her girlfriend right before their holiday, she decides to join her parents on their annual trip to Tuscany. Prepared for two weeks of sun-drenched melancholy, she finds much more than nostalgia in the house where she used to spend her summers as a child.
Published August 20th 2012 by Ladylit

To ask other readers questions about Summer Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Heat

Exina

After an unforeseen and painful breakup, Cat joins her parents on their annual trip to Tuscany to recover. She has not much time for brooding over her unfaithful ex-girlfriend and the perfectly planned tour around the Greek Islands she missed as an unexpected summer romance blossoms.
I chuckle and think life could be worse than being stuck with a gorgeous woman, in a convertible on an Italian country road, on the way to a winery. Perhaps it’s even better than Lesbos.

Light and sweet st
Kara
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh my! Talk about quickly getting over being dumped! I'm not sure that this short story falls into the believable category, but for anyone who has ever lusted after a ten years older
“straight” girl ,or, I suppose, lusted after a ten years younger lesbian ;), this was a fun, steamy fantasy!
AleJandra
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 Dirty cougar STARS

Lectura rápida y sencilla.
Erótica y ya.

description
grumpybybirth
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f
Each book from Harper Bliss is better then the last. Harper tells short stories that have it all. Love, sex, a plot and belivable characters.

Cat and Rose are hot together. Love the forbidden aspect of the relationship.

A great read, I would suggest for any fan of F/F.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Book Synopsis: Summer Heat tells the story of Cat, who, after being dumped by her girlfriend right before their holiday, decides to join her parents on their annual trip to Tuscany. Prepared for two weeks of sun-drenched melancholy, she finds much more than nostalgia in the house where she used to spend her summers as a child.

What a fabulous read!!!!

Great character development - Cat and Rose are so endearing and I loved the interaction between the two. I became so engaged in the whole build-up
Rachael
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great short story

I choose this book because I am a fan of Harper Bliss. She writes great stories, I thoroughly enjoy her characters and descriptions. Definitely recommend!! :)
Miriam
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wlw, read-in-2015, romance
This was a fun but forgettable read, perfect for the beach or bedtime. Unfortunately, most of this book felt like it was just going through the motions. The characters' appearances weren't described at all until about a third of the way through. I didn't even know for sure there was a mutual attraction between the leads of a romance novel until nearly halfway through the book! All in all, it's decent for the price of free, but I'd recommend looking elsewhere for your girl-on-girl kicks.
Silkie Shivers
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I read the synopsis I wasn't sure I would like this story but the character development was so good and believable I found it hard to put down. The sex scenes were very hot, but sweet and heartfelt. Re-read some parts because they were so hot. Because of this book, I picked up another one by Harper Bliss. Enjoying it now.
Christy
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: GLBT Romance, Romance
Recommended to Christy by: Shirley Cuypers
Put up full review later. 4 stars cause took forever seemed to get to good stuff. After that it was amazing.
Lucy Felthouse
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Summer Heat is a lesbian erotic romance short story by Harper Bliss. It is a very short story, so I don't want to say too much about it and give the whole thing away. The main character, Cat, is dumped by her girlfriend, and as a result, ends up going away on holiday with her parents. She doesn't particularly want to be there, but figures it's better than being home alone. Soon after arrival in beautiful Tuscany, however, it's not just the sunshine that's raising her temperature.

This is a very s
Lost_withinbooks (Amy)
When I first picked up this book to read I had an open mind but, after a while and I mean four pages in I could really care less about this book, it wasn't enough to peak my interest. To some it may be an awesome read which am sure it probably is. Once I get my head together I may attempt to read again ad give it a fair review.
Skily
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
It was a good short read
Inga
When I found out that Amazon has quite a few free kindle e-books, I got really excited and decided to browse. I was delighted to find lesbian romance among their collection and chose Summer Heat because the description caught my attention. Even though I haven't read a published romance novella before, I am an avid reader of romancing/erotic fanfiction, so I already have my favorite themes, and holiday romance is definitely one of them.

What I didn't like about the book

Everything seemed to happen
Eli B
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd have given it 5 stars but it was too short and I wanted more. I dislike the term cougar as it seems derogatory to an older woman seeking a relationship with a younger woman, but this is such a tale. We see this through the eyes of the younger woman and really it's just a short story of falling in love over summer vacation. Ms. Bliss writes such lovely romance stories and books that this makes a nice addition for anyone who wants a quick read for a lunch break, the carpool ride home or sittin ...more
Cathy Smith
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, sexy writing. You can inhale the scent of Italy by the sea. The warm scent of an older woman. A fantastic poetic feminist. Feel the heat.

Drift into a seashore drenched with love.

Lovely short pick.
A short intense read. Word craft at its best. Fine beach read.
Patricia OHara
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Once again you shine with a wonderful love story. So much emphasis on the love process and not much on the age difference. Makes it all the more interesting that age isn’t a factor in a relationship. Thank you
Anthony Newton Sr.
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great, but huh???

Great writting and story ,but, it left hanging, sure I want to read the next chapter but the ending in this story dampens the lust that drives into the next chapter.
Allie
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, talk about a short and spicy. I really enjoyed this book. I would have preferred it to be much longer though, because who wouldn't want to know the drama that unravels when what's done in the secret comes to the light.. Lovely book.
Catherine Bewley
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simmering summer heat

This was just what I was looking for. I was desperate for f/f lovin' & have 1 a little older than the other and this was perfect.
I found the sex great and it made me want my girlfriend. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more Harper Bliss
Rahnuma Khan
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
the only thing this book That disappointments me... Its End... I want more...
Adriana Rosario
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice quick read
Carolyn
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steamy

Gives older woman and younger woman a whole new meaning. This writer knows what works to produce that intake of breathe and flash of memory that pleases.
Maz Tucker
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great short story

A perfect short story. This maybe shirt, but it does not leave you wanting, it provides all you need in a quick read.
C
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

This very short read tells the story of a first time in a beautiful setting. It has a past and a present to it but will leave you wanting to see if the future is for certain.
Mirtha Siblesz
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was a very good May December story. I liked it very much. The chemistry between Cat and Rose was off the charts. Very well done!
Edith
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

Cute little story, nice and easy read. Nothing less and nothing more.
Kim
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a quick read, but I enjoyed it very much. The characters are nicely developed, and the steam was plentiful.
Phyllis Mann
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

I loved this book. How Cat had just been dumped and spends her vacation with her parents but ends up with having feelings for a family friend.
Janice
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Have not yet read a book by Harper Bliss that is not exceptional.
Ameliah Faith
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love with a Cougar.

Having been dumped by her girlfriend, Cat decides to go on holiday with her parents. While in Italy they stay with the widow of her father’s friend. Rose discretely flirts with Cat although Cat doesn’t understand why. She has, after all, been friends with her parents since Cat was a child. She is after all ‘off limits’…. Right?

I’ve said it time and again, “Wow, Ms. Bliss can write”. This is a definite scorcher with a cougar twist so I’m out of the world happy with it. Rose i
  • The Diary of Dakota Hammell
  • Firesong
  • Breaker's Passion
  • BTW I Love You
  • The Heart of Aces
  • Entangled
  • Language Lessons
  • The Rest of Forever
  • Rain Falls (Rain Falls, #1)
  • At Her Feet
  • Passion Bay (Moon Island, # 1)
  • Forbidden Fruit: Stories of Unwise Lesbian Desire
  • Destiny's Bridge (Lex and Amanda, #1)
  • Green Eyed Monster
  • Seven Minutes In Heaven
  • Visions
  • The Secret of St. Claire
  • Infinite Loop
Harper Bliss is a best-selling lesbian romance author. Among her most-loved books are the highly dramatic French Kissing and the often thought-provoking Pink Bean series. She is the co-founder of My LesFic, a weekly newsletter offering discount deals on lesbian fiction.

Harper lived in Hong Kong for 7 years, travelled the world for a bit, and has now settled in Brussels (Belgium) with her wife and