Start by marking “The Dog in the Mist” as Want to Read:
The Dog in the Mist

The Dog in the Mist

(The Bestiary)

Dorian has been favored by tragedy for what seems like his entire life. He's lost his parents, his best friend, and now he's lost his gran as well. As if that's not enough, he is stalked by a black dog too large to be just an ordinary dog, and which seems to bring death in its wake. To save himself, he will have to return to beliefs that he cast away long ago ...
ebook
Published November 14th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published November 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Dog in the Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dog in the Mist

Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.5*

This is mainly a story about the mystery surrounding Evan's disappearance , Dorian's best friend and ex-lover.
His disappearance is part of a larger story that is unfortunately told piecemeal mainly though flashbacks and I believe dream sequences. I was often not sure which was which.
We only get Dorian's POV and since I didn't really feel much of anything for him and liked Evan even less it was hard for me to feel at all emotionally connected. The love and friendship that was supposed to be b
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

Dorian is leading a very lonely and depressing life. A year ago, his best friend, Evan, disappeared without a trace and now he’s just lost his Gran. He can’t seem to find the motivation to appreciate life anymore. Unfortunately, his life starts to get very weird when he’s stalked by a big black dog that seems to bring death whenever it shows itself. When he dies, he’s given an opportunity to live again, he just has to complete one task. Wh
blub
Liked the interesting take the author had on life after death and the messengers who deliver them to where they need to be. Dorian was kind of amazing. He lost so much and he goes through this weird outer body experience but still manages to support Evan, even after all the things he put Dorian through.
C
Kirsche
May 09, 2015
Ken
Jul 13, 2015
Librarian Note: Also writes under the pen name S.A. Winters.

British author now living in Australia. I write romance fiction, usually m/m, but with the occasional f/f pairings. I most enjoy writing paranormal fiction, but I have been known to dabble in contemporary and historical sub-genres.

I love writing, although I'm still incredibly lazy and it's often a battle to make myself sit at my desk and

The Bestiary (4 books)