Start by marking “Dead of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1)

Dead of Eve (Trilogy of Eve #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  912 Ratings  ·  207 Reviews
A virus devastates humanity. Few men survive. The rest are monsters. The women are dead, except Evie. Through a quirk in her genetics, she survives. When her physiology begins to evolve, she must come to terms with what she is and accept her role in finding a cure.

The mutated hunt her. The men brutalize her…except three. Cryptic warrior, contrite lover, caring enemy; they
Published October 22nd 2012 by Pam Godwin

To ask other readers questions about Dead of Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead of Eve

Lisa
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Alright. I have to admit that Dead of Eve by Pam Godwin had me on the edge of my seat pretty much for the entire book. This was good. Not sure my heart agrees.

I'm entirely positive that throughout the length of the book, my heart was saying:

description

But, alas, I kept reading despite my protesting, torn up heart.

Dead of Eve was not an easy read. Was it awesome? HELL YEAH! Just not easy. Essentially, an extremist Muslim religious group has brought forth a virus meant to devastate the U.S.A. What happens is
Pam
4 to hell and back stars
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Sarah Williams

Eve is the last real woman on earth, there are others but they are in a form of a nymph, deadly to children and to men, turning men into aphids. She's lost everyone who ever meant anything to her, and no matter how committed she is to dying just the same, something about her is different making her immune to the disease.
"The
❤️ Paulette
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: syfy
Title: ➳ Dead of Eve
Series ➳Trilogy of Eve 1#
Author: ➳ Pam Godwin

ღ Honestly I don't know what possessed me to read this book , Cuz anyone who knows me this is way out of my comfort zone. Cuz its sci-fi & horror are not my preferred genre. But it was suggested to me & it has been in my Tbr for so long I said what heck. Now I am so glad I followed my instincts even if it took me a while to do so

➦.. A Muslim extremist accused spread virus throughout the world, killing off women & childr
.Lili.
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I will start off by saying this is probably one of the hardest books I've ever read. At about 18% I put it down and almost didn't pick it back up. I slept on it. Thought about it. I almost picked up another book, but I couldn't- I had to to see this through.

In Dead of Eve we meet Evie. Evie is probably the strongest female character I've ever read in a book. Evie has survived the loss of her entire family and is this only surviving female in this apocalyptic world. It is unknown how she has surv
Stacia (the 2010 club)
May 15, 2013 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read w/Ash, Rebecca, Joan, Crystal, and Amanda
I'm going to pull an Ash and not rate this book because I'm not sure what to think.

Trigger Warnings : Rape, bad pop culture references, incest, baby-kicking, bugs feasting on humans, religion bashing, grotesque race-mutating and medical experimenting, excessive gore, woman-shaming, abuse of sex toys, and a ridiculous love triangle pentagon.

If any book is going to get people talking it's going to be this. Are we talking in a good or bad way? Heck, I don't know. I can't imagine anyone reading thr
Lo Bookfrantic
3.5 Stars

Genre: Paranormal
Type: Book 1 of Trilogy of Eve Series
POV: First Person – Female

This book is the beginning of Eve's journey into survival. She is the last female left on earth on this cruel times where a virus has basically killed so many. There's only some survivors but none are females or kids. Eve is bound to find out why she is so special.

In the midst of her journey she meets three males that for a reason she can't explained she develops feelings for them all. The three heroes beco
Beverly
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY FREAKING SHIT! Like for real!

I decided to read this book, which is definitely outside of my comfort zone after meeting the fabulous Pam Godwin at a signing. She said there is romance in it, so of course, I was like I am in! I started this book today and couldn't put it down. I felt so many things while reading this story: heartbreak, fear, anxious and love.

Is this my normal read, no, but I can't wait for more. I am terrified for Evie, I am terrified for just how much more she will have to
Kirsten
4 Ladybug stars!

photo imagejpg1_zps2b8e1779.jpg

Dead of Eve was an exciting and intriguing science fiction/apocalyptic novel that is the first in a trilogy.

A virus has spread throughout the world, killing off women and children. The men who are infected turn into a bug-like creature that feed off of the living. Somehow Evie is not effected. Her and her husband have been staying safe in their home for a couple of months.They have the means to survive with their food supply, weapons, and skills.

In a deep depression after los
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Review to come
Rebecca
Reading In The Dark Blog
Like Reading In The Dark Facebook Page

Dead of Eve…..huh, just finished it and I have been itching to write my review for days now. I just….I don’t have words.
One massive point that needs to be made straight away is that this is not a straight up horror read, many people who will love this book will pass it up with the belief that it isn't for them because of the horror and gore. Please don't think that! This book is a deep, emotional and intelligent read, I would urge yo
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
Holy Fucktoids!
This books is in a category all by itself, no comparison, no debate!

Brilliant. Thrilling. Horrific. Suspenseful. Apocalyptic. Imaginative. Lustful.

This story consumed me, devoured me whole, and won't ever let me go. I am awed by this author, captivated by the complexity of the story, and fearful that I may not survive until the next book comes out!

The rest of my review cannot be written without spoilers, I apologize...
(view spoiler)
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

I thought this was going to be about zombies, but the fantasy involves a lot more than just mindless walkers. The creatures are more like mutated monsters that have the ability to move quickly.

Their infectious bite left the world with only a few survivors.

And only one woman.

As Evie struggles to survive, strange things happen to her body because she's evolving too. As she travels around the world to find a cure, she finds allies to help her on her journey.

This story is exciti
Jane Stewart
4 stars. Excellent suspense throughout the book. Kept me awake at night. Good writing! It’s apocalyptic sci fi.

Emotionally engaging. I didn’t want to stop reading. It reminded me of Stephen King stories: good story, creative characters, violence, some good people die. It also felt part Star Wars: lots of fight scenes and being in the belly of the beast. There are some loving relationships. They support the plot in an interesting way. I liked the idea of Evie using something from men.

Story Brie
Amber Rose
First book of the Trilogy!!

I got advance readers copy since I am that special :)

This book hooked me from the very beginning. Trying to straitening my hair and read just to figure out what happens next trying not to burn my fingers, That's when I know I am HOOKED....
This book may not be for everyone. It does contain strong sexual violence and death. The ghost of her children gave me goose bumps. But went perfect in the book, to me!!!

BELOW IS SPOILERS!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!

I fell in love with all
Lucia
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopia
If you like apocalyptic genre do not be discouraged by my rating, writing was excellent and you will probably love this book. I loved it myself and would rate it with 5 stars until two thirds... Than I could not stomach what was happening and it kind of ruined whole story for me so I am going with middle rating even though writing style really enraptured me.
My Evie:

Evie is 33 years old with a husband of 15 years and the only woman who survived virus which killed all kids, old people and mutated
Paige
4.5 "Love Squared" Stars

Whoa. I have read Pam Godwin's entire catalogue aside from this book even though it was her debut. Mostly because sci-fi and horror are not my preferred genre. Honestly this is the first book in this genre I've actually ever finished. I knew I would eventually get to it (once I stopped being a big wimp) and now that I've finished it, I can't believe I waited so long. Pam is one of my all time favorite authors and I should have trusted that she would do right by my tender
Rough Draft Book Blog
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dead of Eve by Pam Godwin
VOODOO VAGINA - LOL
5 Stars because 10 isn't an option

Never in my life have I read a book like this one... I have to admit... as a kid, I was always the first in line to see a Freddie Krueger or Jason Vorhee movie, horror/science fiction was always a favorite of mine... now at 42 years of age... I'm not so sure... this book scared the ever lovin' shite out me... I literally had nightmares!!! I would wake up with a start... still holding my Kindle... then I figured, I was
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
I was bored out of my mind. I felt like the story wasn't whole, that things didn't add up. I also felt like Evie's story was way over, even though it apparently has just begun. Typical that she is just one woman, and got three men loving her. I kept waiting for the book to be over. It's also typical that I didn't enjoy the book, while other seem to love it. I finished it though, so applause to me.
“Stay Alive. Seek Truth. Don't look back.”

Quick basic facts:
Genre: - (Adult) Paranormal, Dystop
Di Covey
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

5 Phenomenal Stars!

“Stay alive. Seek truth.”

Pam Godwin delivers the perfect amount of suspense and action, the characters fold into the story like butter, I was hypnotized into the world she created. Unconventional, heartbreaking, and darkly beautiful. I couldn't look away.

Eve, the last woman on earth. An earth in complete destruction. I was instantly drawn to her story. The revelations were devastating. I felt every ounce of sadness. I've never read a story like this. With each chapte
Rosanna
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book and one of the BEST heroines I have EVER read.

"Your intimidation is only effective with me unarmed and restrained. Unlock my restraints and fight me like the little man bitch that you are."

Yup,that's our heroine,Evie

I have had many book boyfriends but this was first time I had a book girlfriend LOL! She was just that awesome!

Don't let the blurb deter you from reading this book. There is so much more then just gore and monsters. It's downright brilliant!
What an emotionl roller
Bark
Jan 20, 2017 marked it as own-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Free for the Kindle @ Amazon US today.
Ash Wednesday
UNRATED

Like a feminist's wet dream and the politically correct's nightmare all in one book.

So the world ended with a Muslim extremist movement dropping a virus that turned humans into insect-like creatures called Aphids. All woman-kind have been wiped out save for one, Evie Delina. Now Evie is special: she moves like these creatures while having an uncanny connection to them. This sounds a lot like Resident Evil to be honest, with a lot of extra side dishes to the heroine. Not only is Evie t
Menna
As usual, Pam Godwin left me in stunned awe. She's a freakin' amazing writer!

The book kept me on my toes the whole time, I was hooked from the first page, it was like I've been transferred to anther word.
it wasn't an easy read! It was much more....

Amazing.Thrilling. Terrifying. Suspenseful. Brutal. Apocalyptic. Creative. violent. HOT.

How shocking it was to see how human cruel and ugly nature manifests when subjected to such situation. How they turn into something much uglier and brutal than the
Mistress
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What in the apocalyptic world did I just read? This is a book unlike any that I have ever read. Pam Godwin has created an awesomely horrific new world where you have to fight just to live. The characters she has created are wonderfully complex and devotedly delicious. I have fallen in love with three remarkable men. Three men who are completely different from one another, with their own strengths and weaknesses, but who all have one goal in common, to guard and protect the last unaffected woman ...more
Gertie
Apr 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This author has a clear, easy to read way of writing, with pretty clean text. The idea behind this plot - a virus that turns everyone into bugs? Sweet. A kick-ass heroine? Nice. Sex? Bonus!

As it happens, once I hit the eye-rolling zone, I had difficulty getting out of it. Either you can roll with it or you can't, and at the time I just wasn't in the mood I think. This is heavy fantasy, and I'm more of a sci-fi gal (unless we're talking magic). It's also got quite a bit of spirituality in it. I d
M. Joseph Murphy
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
To say I was shocked by this book is an understatement. I followed Pam Godwin on twitter because I saw she was a fellow writer. And it just so happened her book was coming out. How could I not read it?

I was unprepared for how good it was.

At her worst moments in the book, Godwin writes with the detail and energy of Richard Laymon. In her best moments she is something more than that: original, vibrant and completely engrossing. This is not another Buffy Summers clone. Eve is a fresh and, like ever
Dana Griffin
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dead of Eve grabbed a hold of me from the opening paragraph and didn’t let go. I was given an advance copy to read and read the first chapter before setting out to manage life’s issues that I couldn’t put off. I thought of this book until able to read further.

A virus is released in the Denver airport that quickly spreads worldwide killing off all the children and most of the men and women. The world falls into chaos. The virus mutates some of the men into bug like zombies that feed off the blood
Susan
I love this series! Evie is a fantastic protagonist, and the post-apocalyptic world she lives in is fascinating. The plot is intricate, and the action intense and compelling. The description puts the reader fully in the scene without overwhelming with incidental details. Everything matters. I'm on to the next book!
Melanie (mells_view)
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow... didn't expect to love this so much!

I really enjoyed this book. It is a bit... weird, and at first some aspects seem cheesy, but it ends up being so good.

It's apocalyptic. With essentially humans that have turned into beetles instead of zombies. Evie is the only woman left, but is she really JUST a woman? Heck no. She's way more, and she's strong, and tough, and just amazing.

I don't want to spoil anything, but she goes through so many things from the start of the outbreak until the end of
Kathryn
I wasn't sure I would like this book because my friend who recommended it said it was horror but said I would like it. Once I started reading the book I couldn't stop. I finished it in 4 days while still working full time. We're talking a full length novel, 400+ pages. The ebook price is a steal. This book defies genre; paranormal romance, sci-fi, horror. The story has lust, love, horror, action, guns, cannibalistic humanoid mutants and a smart, friendly dog. (That should clinch your decision to ...more
  • After
  • Heat
  • Chosen
  • Harvest (The Druid Series, #3)
  • Midnight (Dark Age Dawning, #2)
  • The World Without a Future (The World Without End, #1)
  • Held (Held, #1)
  • The Lost Souls (The Holy Trinity, #2.5)
  • Collateral Damage (Deadly Captive, #2)
  • The End of All Things (The End of All Things #1)
  • Break Her
  • Flesh (Flesh, #1)
  • Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 3 "Betrayed" (My Masters' Nightmare, #3)
  • Waking Up Dead (End of Days Love, #1)
  • After The Virus
  • Steel & Stone Bundle: Chase the Dark / Bind the Soul / Yield the Night (Steel & Stone, #1-3)
  • Unleashed (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Pam Godwin, lives in the Midwest with her husband, their two children, and a foulmouthed parrot. When she ran away, she traveled fourteen countries across five continents, attended three universities, and married the vocalist of her favorite rock band.

Java, tobacco, and dark romance novels are her favorite indulgences, and might be considered more u
More about Pam Godwin

Trilogy of Eve (3 books)
  • Blood of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #2)
  • Dawn of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“Stay Alive. Seek Truth. Don't look back.” 5 likes
“A nathion is as strong as the hearts of its women. It's warriors may be brave and many, but when the blood of it's women spills upon the earth, the battle is lost.” 4 likes