Start by marking “Company Orders” as Want to Read:

Company Orders

Even a good man may feel driven to sign on with the devil.

Paul Clark is a Catholic priest who's been on the fast track to becoming a bishop. But he suddenly faces a heart-wrenching problem, when choices he made as a young man come roaring back into his life. A mysterious woman, who claims to be with "an agency of the federal government," offers to solve his problem. But
Published September 15th 2012 by Allium Press of Chicago (first published September 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Company Orders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Company Orders

Start your review of Company Orders
Eadie
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Author: David J. Walker
Unholy Price — Father Paul Clark is trapped in a devil's bargain. He was on the fast track to becoming a bishop. But suddenly a secret from his past comes back to haunt him -- and someone he loves is in danger. A mysterious woman claiming to be an intelligence agent offers to help...if Paul will put his morals aside to do her bidding.
Now he is falsely accused and on the run. With little money or help, he desperately searches Chicago's meanest streets and Sout
Cecilia
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A strong Chicago-based mystery from Chicago-based writer Walker, who has a knack for capturing both the essence of the city and the suspense that fills its streets. In this novel, Walker, a former Catholic priest, uses his seminary background as the backdrop for this latest, involving a priest who gets caught up in an international quagmire. One day, out of the blue, Father Paul Clark's friend is killed right in front of him. Barely escaping with own life, Clark soon finds out that his friend wa ...more
Lee
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
We begin deep in a filthy, unforgettable Mexican jail, with a jail break of a teenage boy, and men called Otoe and Tree as your guides. From there, to Chicago and a quiet parish priest Father Paul Manion. Father is not all he seems and slowly as you connect the dots everything is revealed, or is it? Mr. Walker amps up the tension, slowly, expertly, and along the way he further develops his characters. Felt like the author was talking about himself in some of Father's thoughts.
DROPPING OUT
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is Walker's second stand alone mystery/thriller. Over the past dozen years he has produced several volumes in two separate series. Company Orders has formulaic elements, but made for a great get-away read between Thomas Mann and Chesterton.

Will I seek out his other books? I do believe I shall.
April
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Beautiful storytelling that kept me on the edge of my seat!

The cover art could be more eye catching.
Johnplavelle
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
As a native Chicagoan who no longer lives in the 2nd City, I always enjoy a read that takes me through the city and refreshes my view of that city with big shoulder. The Catholic priest in this story has multiple concerns and problems and you find yourself rooting for him
Renee Dominguez
Sandy
H.E. Regis
 Northern Light
Dec 26, 2012
DAVID J. WALKER has written twelve published mystery/suspense novels, and one novella. His most recent book is Company Orders, a 2012 release. This is a stand-alone thriller in which the hero is--of all things--a priest.

David is the author of two private eye series, the "Mal Foley" series, and the “Wild Onion, Ltd.” series. The Wild Onion books feature a wife/husband private eye team, and are set