Start by marking “Fat Profits” as Want to Read:
Fat Profits

Read Excerpt

Fat Profits

Eight days ago Andrew Hastings was a suburban dad launching a new weight loss product for one of the world's largest food companies.

Now he's not sure if he'll live to see next week.

After a coworker leaves a cryptic voicemail moments before her death Andrew starts asking questions. But with each answer he uncovers a puzzling trail of lies and deceit.

Finally, as the death co
Hardcover, First, 352 pages
Published August 6th 2012 by Howling Hound Press

To ask other readers questions about Fat Profits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fat Profits

Andy
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story was an exciting thrill-ride from the first page. A work of fiction, but it seems as if this story could be real based on manufactured food. This was a unique thriller about the food industry and even though I won this as a freebie would recommend it and my wife is next to read!
Sarah Hulcy
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a review copy of this book free of charge in return for writing a review.

For a first novel, this book is extremely well-written with very well-defined characters. Even though, as the author points out in his final comments, this is complete fiction, it still describes the mind-set of corporate upper echelon individuals in a very incisive way. He describes the behavior and attitudes of the higher-ups in the company where his protagonist is employed with absolutely accurac
Madonna
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fat Profits is a well written book on corporate greed and the extents that big business will go to increase their coffers. I lost count somewhere along the read with how many people were killed off, paid off, and injured just to get one "food" product line put out to temp people who believe the advertising. I know this book is written as fiction; but it is so true!

I enjoyed reading "Fat Profits" and think the author has an excellent mind for this genre. I always like a little intrigue in my mur
Shivanie
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'VE RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS BOOK TO WRITE A REVIEW

This book is about a young snack food executive who learns his corporation's new miracle love-calorie snack food additive isn't necessarily as safe as it's supposed to be. It leads to him not being as safe as he thought he was.

This was a page turner for me because the book was well written and it seemed like something that actually happens in the industry. It deals with the fact that people see advertisement and are tempted to go out and buy th
Teshamae
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for this book, but it failed to deliver. As is typical with a first-time author, Bradley could have benefited from a better editor. He tries too hard to set the scene and ends up giving the reader too many mundane details. I appreciated the story itself, and found it interesting, but it was hard not to be distracted by the boring details. I will continue to read his blog, and hope to see other books.
Betsy
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I was hooked. Although, the story line seemed a tad farfetched, I nonetheless became absorbed and could not put the book down. At times I thought "really? and no one else is suspicious" and yet I still wanted to know the outcome. It was good entertainment.
Linda Marie Marsh
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fat Profits is a fine piece of writing, has fleshed out characters and unexpected twists and turns. It grabs hold of your interest from the start and holds on till the very end!

I was married to a corporate pilot for many years...we rubbed elbows with, but never quite were the equals of the executives he flew. Great benefits but you had to turn a blind eye sometimes..the stories i could tell! So yes, this book is very realistic, as are the people in it.
By the way...the executives we got to know,
Alyssa
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it
The book overall was very enjoyable. In the beginning it was difficult for it to pull me in, but once it did, it was hard to stop. I guess my major dislike is the fact that the book cut off a scene and switched to another character way too often. It really dragged out the progress. The book, even though realistically set, has characters that are far from realistic. The way they act is almost from a soap opera. It is a good book and worth a read, but it has a couple faults that killed the overall ...more
Penny
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
A different type of read and story. Surprising
Lisa
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fast read, an unlikely thriller but still a good read. It shows how corrupt big corporations can be and I like that it was about a food corporation because I think it is a hot topic nowadays!
Denise
May 08, 2013
Action/Adventure ...: A NEW Business Thriller 3 13 Feb 17, 2013 06:19PM
Book Haven: A NEW Business Thriller Giveaway 1 4 Feb 17, 2013 06:16PM
Action/Adventure ...: NEW Business Thriller Giveaway 2 9 Feb 01, 2013 06:46AM
Book Haven: Looking for Reviewers for my Business Thriller 1 2 Feb 01, 2013 03:05AM
Mystery Lovers!: NEW Business Thriller giveaway! 1 11 Jan 29, 2013 06:19PM
Book Haven: NEW Business Thriller 2 3 Jan 27, 2013 10:47PM

• Dead, Without a Stone to Tell It (Abbott and Lowell Forensic Mysteries #1)
  • Lost: One Pair of Rose Colored Glasses
  • Read the Flower: The Beautiful Beginning (Fleur Passages #1)
  • It's a Catastrophe
  • River Rising
  • More Peas, Thank You
  • Scrappy Cupcake Angels (Wattle Lane, #1)
  • Yield
  • Unnatural Justice
  • Handwritten Recipes: A Bookseller's Collection of Curious and Wonderful Recipes Forgotten Between the  Pages
  • Recipes for Disaster: A Memoir
  • Town Red
  • Route 66:The People-The Places-The Dream
  • This Time Around (Station One, #2)
  • Dakini Power: Twelve Extraordinary Women Shaping the Transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the West
  • Family Secrets: Shame and Privacy in Modern Britain