Start by marking “Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)” as Want to Read:
Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)

Banishing the Dark

(Arcadia Bell #4)

The fourth and final installment of a "riveting" (RT Book reviews) urban fantasy series about a renegade mage and the demons who love her.

Complicated does not begin to describe Arcadia Bell's life right now: unnatural magical power, another brush with death, and a murderous mother who's not only overbearing but determined to take permanent possession of Cady's body.

Forced
Published May 27th 2014 by Pocket

To ask other readers questions about Banishing the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banishing the Dark

Bonnie
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Banishing the Dark picks up weeks after the explosive ending in Binding the Shadows. Cady is back at home after recuperating in the hospital but there is still much to be concerned about, primarily her violent mother who will stop at nothing to take Cady’s powers. In an attempt to protect Cady and her loved ones, a memory spell is cast that ends up causing even more problems. It’s a race against the clock to find out reverse the spells performed on Cady as a child, before her entire life is take ...more
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Guess what? Finding out that you’re holding the last book in a beloved series just as you finish reading the epilogue pretty much sucks. Banishing the Dark is our good bye to Cady and Lon, and I didn’t even realize it until I reached the ending, after which I frantically tweeted at Jenn asking for confirmation. I was blindsided, unprepared to part ways with these characters! I was not ready to let go.

And yet, with this spectacular series finale, Jenn Bennett turned saying goodbye into
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
You know how when you find a series you love, characters you love, you just don't want it to end?

I feel that way about this series. I love it. I adore it and that last book, this book, was almost torture to start. In fact, I put it off for months because I didn't want to face the very real idea, that after this, there would be nothing more of Cady, Jupe and Lon. I mean how terribly depressing is that?

But I did need to start it because I missed them and even though I didn't want it to end, I had
Shannon
Wow. This series took me completely by surprise. I liked the first book but didn't love it, but there was just enough creativity with the world, the magic, and its characters for me to want to give the second book a chance. And after that I grabbed the novella. And then I devoured the third book. Then finally I made a mad dash for this one, because SHIT WAS GETTIN' REAL as everything was coming to its badass conclusion. As you can imagine, I was shocked and delighted that each book only got bett ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

At the end of the last book, Binding the Shadows, we know that Cady survived another major battle but just barely. And we found out a huge secret. Now Cady and Lon have to decide how they're going to move forward with this and what they're going to do about Cady's mother.

This book was sooo a-mazing! It was everything you would want in the last book of a series and more. I'm really sad that this is it and there is no more Cady, Lon and Jupe but...it did end well and that's what matte
Denisa
Disappointing

The previous book gave me high hopes but well, can't say the ending was as good as I'd hoped.
It felt a bit rushed and it left me with a few unanswered questions.

Not a bad series all in all, though, worth trying out.
Emma
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, urban-fantasy
A fairly predictable but satisfying end to a great series. This has been one of my favourite urban fantasy series, with its slightly different take on magic in the world and a different kind of heroine. Recommended series.
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on Tangled in Pages

Note: This review may or may not be incoherent. Do not blame me. Blame the fact that I just finished one of my favorite series.

It is kind of hard to believe that one of my favorite urban fantasy series has finally come to an end. I was late to the party but for the past year I’ve loved and re-read this series and become a huge fan of the author and it’s so sad to let a series you loved finally go.

This series is perfect, you have great charac
Charlie
5 stars!

Cady was badass in this book! I'm so sad her story has ended. The ending to this was just excellent, it was everything I hoped it would be.

I didn't realise this was only a 4 book series, I would happily read another 4! Some UF series are just way too long but I adore Cady and co so much, I'd welcome many more additions.

As far as Urban Fantasy series go, this was pretty unique. The magic system was very cool and I loved the demons and their knacks. This is definitely a winner.
AH
Initial Thoughts; 4.0-5.0 stars. I am so sad that this series has to end. And wow, what a way to end a series. I feel conflicted. I am sad it's over and pleased that it was done so well.

The Review:
Banishing the Dark is a perfect ending for one of my favorite series. In Banishing the Dark, Cady and Lon's relationship is tested as Cady undergoes a memory spell in order to protect herself from her mother. Oh, I really felt for Lon who could not fill in the blanks for Cady!

My favorite teenager Jup
Keertana
I inhaled the entire Arcadia Bell Quartet back in early December, my thoughts an incoherent jumble of too-loud exclamations and too-few actual words. Even now, months later, my thoughts resemble the flailing limbs of a fangirl whenever they stray back towards Jenn Bennett's perfect, oh-so-perfect, Urban Fantasy debut.

From the surface, Arcadia Bell seems to be deceptively similar to mercenary Kate Daniels: a magician, parents with ever-so-slightly-evil origins, and a penchant for attracting dang
Lauren
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe I've finished this series already! I feel both giddy because it was so goooood. And like crying because it's now oooooover :(. I haven't binge read anything in ages, and I'd forgotten how much I love the fog of reading through an entire series in one go. I'll admit that I wasn't so sure about Lon when we're first introduced to him in book one, but he grew on me in that book and through all the rest and now he and Cady are one of my favorite book couples ever! I can't believe thi ...more
Betul
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

Nowadays it is really hard to discover new exciting Urban Fantasy series, while four plus years ago there were so many to pick from. The Arcadia Bell series hooked me from the start and I devoured each book the moment they released. However, a couple of years back I made the switch from UF/PNR series to reading more Contemporary Romance. When Banishing the Dark released in 2014, I started reading it but I don't know why but stopped at 33%. When I decided to finally finish this series a couple of
G.
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5

Fin. This was a fun series to binge read. What it lacked was a bit more introspection from Cady, but, overall, fun times were had.
Dark Faerie Tales
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: It’s time for the final showdown between Cady and her mother in this satisfying conclusion to the Arcadia Bell series.

Opening Sentence: Jupe crouched in the shadows, watching a pair of nurses stroll down the hall.

The Review:

Arcadia Bells wakes up in the hospital after surviving a brutal attack to find that her mother is still trying to reach her in the Aethyr in order to take possession of her body. Obviously, Arcadia and Lon are determined
Tammie

3.5 stars. This was the last book in the Arcadia Bell series. I didn't enjoy reading it as much as I did the other books in the series. There were some big coincidences that I thought were really convenient for the story telling, like characters showing up somewhere a
Susana
This is the last book in the series???
Noes!!!

Wow!
I loved this!
Review to come..

And here it is. The last book of the Arcadia Bell series....

"Banishing the Dark" picks up a few weeks after the "you know what happened" in the last pages of Binding The Shadows (book #3).

Feelings are running high, Cady's sociopath of a mother continues lurking on the horizon waiting for a chance to attack _long story ~go read the first book!~ _ and Cady is running out of ideas.

So what does she do?
Well, I co
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

2014 seems to be the year of series finales, and out of all of them, ARCADIA BELL has been the one that I’ve been dreading the most. Jenn Bennett is one of my top five go-to Urban Fantasy authors, and having to say goodbye to these beloved characters after only four books (and a novella) is heartbreaking. That point aside, BANISHING THE DARK is pure magic with its topsy-turvy plot, explosive chemistry and exceptional epilogue. And, the first ever chapters from Jupe’s POV
Mara
Jun 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, urban-fantasy
I started Banishing the Dark with a lump in my throat. As I guess every other fan did, knowing this is the final book in a beloved series.

And the first part of the book delivered, there're some tension, some pretty funny moments, some romantic ones. But midway you start to realize that there's not much meat in to this stew.

Mommy Dearest isn't present, she's no real threat, there's no tension to the plot, nothing really happens until 80%. Jupe, still a great character, is transformed into a idi
Nancy

I can't believe it's over.
I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to read this series, and for finishing it so fast once I did.
I adored all the characters.
I adore the Epilogue even though I felt it should have been a full-length novel itself. hint

“...And in a way, you got that opportunity. You chose me twice. If that’s not meant to be,
Julie
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Banishing the Dark is the fourth book in Jenn Bennett’s absolutely amazing Arcadia Bell series. This is easily one of my favorite urban fantasy series. The storylines are so interesting and the characters are simply outstanding.

This installment follows Arcadia (Cady) and Lon, her boyfriend who happens to be quite a bit older than her, an Earthbound demon and sexy as hell, as they try to keep Cady’s mother in the Æther, where she belongs because, as we l
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Originally reviewed on Romancing the Dark Side:

A bittersweet, but satisfying ending to one of my favorite series!

Warning: My biggest feat while writing this review is trying to make it spoiler free, I’ll try my best to contain my excitement and give you just enough without revealing too much…

BANISHING THE DARK is the highly anticipated conclusion to Jenn Bennett’s Arcadia Bell series and I must say she pulled out all the stops on this one! After coming close to death at the end of BINDING THE
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
A wonderful end to an awesome series. In Banishing the Dark, Cady and Lon are once again behind the eight ball trying to figure out exactly what happened to conceive Cady. How did she become infused with moonchild abilities and why is her mother able to tap into her powers and control her? For Cady, it seems as if all her crisis have a termination date. If she doesn't solve the problem by a certain time limit, boom, game over for her. This is beyond stressful.

Ms. Bennett does an excellent job o
Melindeeloo
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, x2014-favorites
4.5 stars - I really liked it. When we last left magician/Tiki bar owner Cady she was in a coma and we also were privy to some very interesting news... Now that Cady is awake, she's going to make sure that mommy dearest - who is banished but not out of the game - doesn't get another chance to claim Cady's emerging Moonchild powers for herself. But to do that Cady needs to find the ritual used during her conception.

I was late to the game in discovering this series, but made up for lost time by r
Saly
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series was overall decent, not as good as her Roaring Twenties which I enjoyed more personally. It had likeable characters even if the plot wasn't something very different.
nick
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

*sobs*
It's over. What a wild ride it has been! I will miss this cast so so much. <3

RTC
Steph
Is there anything better, for a serious series addict, than getting your hands on an upcoming release in one of your favorite series before it hits the shelves? No! Is there anything more depressing than realizing said book is the final book in the series only after you reach the end? No!

*sigh*

This series jumped onto my favorite series - must-buy list as soon as I finished book one, Kindling the Moon. There is just no way an urban fantasy fan could not fall in love with these characters Jenn Ben
Shelley
**I received this book for free via NetGalley/Pocket Books in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*My Thoughts*

Banishing the Dark picks up the pieces from the devastating cliffhanger left over from Binding the Shadows which pretty much left everyone crying out in anguish. Cady still has a whole lot on her plate, and no real time to cry over what happened to her. She's managed to defeat Dare, and somehow survived thanks to her a
Suzanne the Bookaholic and Proud
WOW.....

I'm seriously glad that this wasn't one of them series that have a good 1 or 2 books then goes downhill after that but.......

it's over that was the final arcadia bell, and what a finale it was, but now I can't read anymore of them and what other antics they get up to and what else that can be done and......

now I'm off to cry myself to sleep knowing there is no more cady and lon and funny motormouth jupe now I have to find myself a new series that is just has good as this one was.

now I'
Kirsten
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have truly enjoyed this series and am sad to see it come to an end. I will miss many things about the world of Arcadia Bell, including Lon's pirate mustache. The final book kept me on the edge of my seat and I loved the epilogue. It was the perfect ending! I would not mind a spin-off series with Jupe *hinthint*, especially if Cady and Lon make a cameo appearance.
  • Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
  • A Trace of Moonlight (Abby Sinclair, #3)
  • Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #6)
  • Against the Dawn (Shaede Assassin, #4)
  • The Sharpest Blade (Shadow Reader, #3)
  • Dark Days (Black London, #6)
  • Cursed By Destiny (Weird Girls, #3)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • Requiem For The Dead (Dreg City, #5)
  • Mortal Ties (World of the Lupi, #9)
  • Grimm Consequences (Transplanted Tales, #1.5)
  • Stone Cold (Broken Magic, #2)
  • Agave Kiss (Corine Solomon, #5)
Jenn Bennett is an award-winning author of several young adult books, including: ALEX, APPROXIMATELY; STARRY EYES; and SERIOUS MOONLIGHT. She also writes romance and fantasy for adults. Her books have earned multiple starred reviews, won Romance Writers of America’s RITA® Award, and been included on Publishers Weekly Best Books annual list. She lives near Atlanta with one husband and two dogs. Vis ...more

Arcadia Bell (4 books)
  • Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
“I bet a lot of couples have wondered, if they’d met under different circumstances, perhaps they would’ve taken a different path and never ended up together. And in a way, you got that opportunity. You chose me twice. If that’s not meant to be, then I don’t know what is.” 10 likes
“Frankly, I was just thrilled to be going out into the real world again and would have been satisfied with a trip to the grocery store.” 3 likes