Start by marking “Wife for Hire (For Hire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wife for Hire (For Hire, #1)

Wife for Hire (For Hire #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  2,706 Ratings  ·  208 Reviews
He needs a wife for three weeks…

Owen Phipps is out for revenge. His mission? To expose the man who stole his sister’s money and dignity. All he needs is a “wife” who can play along. Too bad his last best hope is an actress who tries to mace him with perfume when he offers her the role of a lifetime.

Lindy Knight is a real sap. She loves too hard, feels too deep, and often
Published August 18th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (Indulgence) (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wife for Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wife for Hire

~ Cariad ~
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fuck it! Everything I knew about this one screamed a 4, not much sex, quite short, bit of a silly storyline (initially).

BUT honestly, it's a little gem and it made me smile!! LOL
description

Loads of perfectly written sexual tention.

Owen, an Irish Alpha to melt over
description

A strong heroine in Lindy (with a few quirks!)
description

And lines that gave me book butterflies
description

So, if I can't put a book down, if I devour every page, it's seriously well written, makes me laugh and tingle (even if it made me wait until 75% for some hot a
CC
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars. What a fun, laugh out loud book! Owen was hot, but clueless, or at least in denial. Lindy was funny, caring and sweet. Really enjoyed this quick read!

Re-read via audible. Still really enjoyed this story. There were some hilarious moments. This books is pretty tame (not a lot of sexy times). But it was a fun, easy and sweet romance with a little intrigue on the side. Totally safe.
Alison
OMG, I struggled through this thinking it was an ARC from NetGalley only to discover that I paid good money for this pile of crap.

Lindy Knight is a total Mary Sue, she sets up a business delivering bad news to strangers with her brothers and then ends up giving a home to an elderly woman after she announces that her husband wants a divorce. Broke and trying to look after an elderly woman with Alzheimers AND seven puppies she has resorted to looking for jobs on Craigs List.

Owen Phipps' little sis
Gone Readin'
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
STOLE MY HEART!!

This is the story of Owen and Lindy – and it’s story with a lot of HEART! Owen Phipps is out for revenge. A man running a phony “Marital Retreat” stole Owen sister’s money and dignity. Placing an ad on Craigslist, Owen interviews numerous candidates to “play” the role of his wife in order to infiltrate the organization. Lindy, desperate for money to save her home accepts the job and travels with Owen to the resort. The only problem is she falls hard for Owen. THIS IS A GREAT STOR
Dalia
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wife for Hire is a funny, sexy, charming and highly enjoyable read. It's cute and well-crafted with lots of humor, witty banter, sizzling attraction, a fast moving plot, a delightful heroine & a gorgeous hero.
Jamie
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Well.. this one was kinda cute and a pretty easy read. Then ending was wrapped up a little quick and pretty unrealistic.. but it is fiction so --- I'd give it a 2.5
Tracy T.
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good Story. Terrible narration of the hero' voice. (audible whispersync review)

This was a fun story, but the narration of the hero was horrible!

The story line and plot were fun. The heroine, LIndy was just awesome, loved her. She was funny, smart, witty and a strong character. The hero Owen, was very sexy and likable. The chemistry between the two was great. There is a couple of great sex scenes.

There is lots of dialogue throughout the book. A very enjoyable read for sure. It wasn't a really lo
♥Book♥YouVeryMuch
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Not only is the writing great, but it had many laugh out loud moments. Loved it.
This is first time i read a book from this great Author, but definitely not the last one, can not wait to read her other books.
Gamze
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3-3.5 Insanin kafasını dağıtan, bir günde rahatlıkla bitirebileceginiz tarzda bir kitapti. Beyaz Dizi türü gibi bir şeymiş diyorlar gerçi o türden daha önce hiç okumadım ama :) Yazar konuyu hiç gereksiz yere uzatmadan güzelcene noktalamis. Bu aralar okuduğum kadın karakterlerin yaş ortalamalari ne kadar da yüksek böyle :D Onları okudukça 'birkaç sene sonra sende o kategoriye gireceksin Gamze' diye aklımdan gecirmiyor değilim hani :) Yazarla ilk tanismamizi sevdim. Kalemi keyifli. Süpriz Balayı d ...more
K~Terror
What a quick, fun read! This was the perfect book to improve my mood after a stressful day. One minute I was seconds away from road rage and the next, I'm almost choking on my gum laughing so hard at some of this lines in this story as I listened to the audio on my travels. The MC was adorable - picture Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's. She was fun-loving and quirky. I would recommend this to anyone needing a quick pick me up!
Nefise
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved it!!!
I was not expecting much but it was surprised me. As if I was watching an old, sweet romance movie.
If I like heroine, I like story also. It was very well written, very sweet story its own theme.
Diana's
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute, Funny and Sweet!!
Karla(Book Addict)
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adults-only, romantic
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
Anita
**For more thoughts on each book, see my full two-book review of the For Hire series at Ani's Book Abyss | Series Review: For Hire.

Book #1: Wife for Hire | Goodreads | Rating:  4.0 Stars
Book #2: Guardian for Hire | Goodreads | Rating:  3.5 Stars

Average Rating:  3.75 Stars

I'm going to be totally honest here:  The two of these For Hire books were so small and bite-sized that they were done and over before I knew.  But I enjoyed the heck out of them!

I definitely went into both books in this series
Jamie
Description
He needs a wife for three weeks…

Lindy Knight is a real sap. She loves too hard, feels too deep, and often finds herself saying yes when she should be saying “Let me think about it.” She can’t believe her good fortune when
Marlene
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Book Lovers Inc

There's a reason the "pretending to be married" trope is a tried and true. Done right, it can be oh so much fun. The trick, in a contemporary romance, is to find a good enough reason to set up the scenario, and an equally good reason why the two principals can't just jump into bed to cut the sexual tension.

Christine Bell definitely latched onto a winning formula in Wife for Hire. The pretense is reasonable enough, Owen is getting revenge against the swindle
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
View more of my review and others at my blog: www.mynotsovacantshelf.blogspot.com

I have no clue why, but stories that start with “He needed a wife…” always get to me. I like the idea of two unlikely people getting together. Although, it’s never a realistic scenario (sadly even in this one) doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it, right? Cause I sure did. I liked the characters and I liked the scenario, but there were a lot of things that fit the status-quo of this type of story-line. He’s rich, her money
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewd by: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Wife for Hire is an entertainingly funny read from start to finish.

Lindy and Owen hook up when Lindy answers an advert posted on Craigslist. Owen is on a mission to expose and seek revenge on the man who stole his sister’s money and dignity and for that purpose he needs a pretend wife for three weeks to accompany him to a couples retreat. After a few failed business ventures Lindy could certainly use the money….and so starts the song and dance…..of a bu
Sincere
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fav-4stars, romance

Owen Phipp wanted to revenge his sister's ex-boyfriend Nico who dumped his sister and stole money form her.
Nico started a company (from his sister money) to help wrecked marriage couple.
but Owen suspected that there's some illegible activity under that company. To be closer to Nico and his suspicious company.
He wanted a wife

Lindy I Love You
she need money, and when she found weird advertise on Craiglist.
she just tempted to call and found out what it is

at first, I also thought that
Dolce Amore
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, loved-it, tour
Written For Confessions From Romaholics

The scene where Owen Phipps and Lindy Covington meet is hilarious! I swear I almost couldn’t stop laughing.

Lindy’s seven puppies have destroyed the couch, so while cleaning the mess, she forgets her appointment with Owen. She found his advertisement by error, ad it was more than a bit strange, but she is in need of money, so she answers it and it leads to an appointment … this appointment.

From the moment Lindy opens the door, she fears Owen because of his a
CatarinaCosta
I am generous to be giving two stars to this book. I thought I could enjoy this book, but as usual it only worsens as the story develops. What would I expect from this type of New Adult stories? They are the same and they will keep on being the same. The male character is well-mannered and sweet in the begining, yet by the middle of the book he is a macho man with only one thought on his mind.

The female character doesn't improve much. She is quirky and a bit cuckoo, nonetheless she, too, only ha
Jm
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une petite romance très sympathique, qui aurait mérité d'être un peu plus longue pour laisser aux sentiments des protagonistes de s'installer comme il faut. L'héroïne est une vraie pile d'énergie et son optimisme est rafraîchissant. Le héros est pas mal non plus et on peut dire que les héros irlandais sont aussi savoureux que les autres mâles alpha. L'histoire est plutôt crédible et bien écrite. Les scènes entre les deux héros sont chargées de tension agréable et on est heureux de les voir concl ...more
Emily (Book Jems)
Painfully predictable, and completely unrealistic. I expect at least a bit of reality in contemporary fiction. I just could not get on board with this story. It felt bogus, and forced especially Owen's "Irish-ness."

I usually enjoy these kinds of stories, but I had no patience for the characters, plot, or romance. The writing was awkward, too. I couldn't tell you exactly why, but I could not get into it at all. This did nothing but bore me. The only good thing this had going for it was the length
Katya
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Melissa Maxwell
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
At first I was a bit hesitant about the story line but almost immediately the heroine's wit and sarcasm drew me in. Lindy is a hopeless romantic and kind soul. Owen is hardened by life and to him love never last. Owen hires Lindy to pose as his wife in order to get revenge on his sisters ex. The attraction is there even though both fight it for different reasons. The story was lovely and I will read more by the author.
Lillie
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Such a fun book!Lindy is quirky, emotional, and enjoys life to its fullest. Owen. *sigh* Oh, Owen. Irish, gorgeous, loyal, hot, and terrified of falling in love. What more can you ask for? Seeing him realize that while Lindy may not be the woman he wants for his life but is exactly what he needs is sigh-worthy.
Erica
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh my gosh was this book too darn cute! I loved Owen and Lindy's story! It was cute, romantic, and way hot. I loved following them through their sleuthing and seeing how everything would play out. The romance was HOT. I seriously just loved their story and did not want the book to end! Christine Bell is one author I will definitely be checking out more from in the future!
Rolyn
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
The story was just like the one I read not long ago. But it was okay. I just don't get why women tend to profess their feelings first. Or why profess at all when you know the other party is afraid to commit. Why set yourself up for heart ache? But in books, all the stupidity pay off because in the end the male and female lead characters ended up together. So much for a fairy tale ending.
Ty

A sweet read...
  • Taming the Tycoon
  • Not The Marrying Kind
  • Blackmailed by the Italian Billionaire
  • The Boss and Her Billionaire (Love on Deck #1)
  • A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)
  • Weekend Agreement
  • In Bed with the Opposition
  • Faking It
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • Holiday Affair (Affair, #1)
  • Flirting to Win (Flirting to Win, #1-3)
  • Home for the Holidays
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • A Baby For Christmas
  • His Secret Temptation
  • A Vengeful Affair
  • Lucky Break (Shamrock Falls, #1)
  • Must Like Kids
Christine Bell is a romance author and also writes erotic romance as Chloe Cole. She and her handsome hubby currently reside in Pennsylvania with a four-pack of teenage boys. If she gets time off from her duties as maid, chef, chauffeur, or therapist, she can be found reading just about anything she can get her hands on, from Young Adult novels to books on poker theory. She doesn’t like root beer, ...more
More about Christine Bell

For Hire (2 books)
  • Guardian For Hire (For Hire, #2)
“very protective younger brother.” A shark-like grin split Owen’s face. He had a good couple inches and thirty pounds of” 0 likes