Start by marking “The Asset” as Want to Read:
The Asset

The Asset

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The year is 1989. The Cold War is reaching its final dramatic climax when Max Robertson, the greatest media tycoon of the age, suddenly dies, apparently committing suicide on his luxury yacht.

Six months later the Mossad assassin Sam Woolfman finds himself on a job that goes badly wrong. As he is forced out of 'the bureau', his retirement fund vanishes, and he finds himself
Published July 26th 2012 by Endeavour Press

To ask other readers questions about The Asset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Asset

Lucy Conlon
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Juval Aviv was the Mossad agent who Steven Spielberg based the film Munich on and he clearly draws on insider knowledge that goes with working for a real-life intelligence agency. The hero Sam Woolfman appears to be based on the author himself. A former Mossad guy who goes freelance and gets caught up in a plot involving the fall of the Soviet Union, a media tycoon - and his old agency. This book is a strong, smart thriller. The pace rarely flags, the author is knows how to write action set piec ...more
Denise
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
The book was interesting, but far too long. Lots of plot twists, but i would find my attention wandering after a while. I will give this author another chance, but only one more. Recommended with reservations.
Tobias Roote
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Its a well thought out novel. It gives an in-depth experience of life in Mossad which I suspect despite being fiction is close to the way of things. The plot centres around the death of Maxwell and builds an interesting story around it. It kept me reading despite formatting errors and the occasional spelling. I enjoyed the MC, he was coherent and plausible. It could have done with a bit more depth around certain plots as they seemed to come out of the blue, almost random. On the whole it kept me ...more
Andrew Hubbert
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
The book itself is great it's a really good look into Mossad and an intelligence organisation that hasn't been the basis of many books. However the kindle version of this book has dreadful grammatical, formatting and typo errors. It looks like a draft as clearly no proofreading has taken place. It does spoil the book. Overall I felt the content was great - with a proofread and edit it'll easily make 5 stars from me.

I'm not sure if this is the same on other platforms as I only have a kindle sorry
Patricia
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Who to trust when things fall apart and old friends betray you. I usually love books about Mossad (especially by Daniel Silva) but this got tedious in spots . . . too many episodes while trying to 'solve' the mystery-- Mossad, KGB, CIA, MI6, or Le Groupe.

No sex
Lots of cold blooded murders
Stan
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good Read, but a little too long.
Good plot, well written and enjoyable.
Tal
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is one of the nearly free Amazon Kindle books. The book was full of spelling and layout errors. The story was too far fetched to enjoy. All in all I suggest you skip this one.
Beth